1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Figures for Goran's next contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Apr 7, 2012.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Look at emotional roller coaster over here.

2. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWjQ7nZTkI

Goran's 23 point 4th quarter outburst against the Spurs 2 seasons back,

this guy has All-Star written all over him, he's no fluke.

he'd probably fit best with Utah, they have a youth movement that's just a point guard away from really skyrocketing, pun unintended.

3. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I keep repeating myself, but this is not a new concept. Both Isaiah Thomas and Joe Dumars were excellent ball handlers/play makers/scorers who played in the late 80s, early 90s. I guess some folks here were too young to remember. This 2pg style of play is very effective especially when you don't have an elite offensive center to milk. When you face a team with a lot of ball pressure (Grizz, Heat, etc), good ball handlers will make the defense move then a good shot can be generated. When you have the prototypical 2-guard (K-mart) it is harder to do.

Different topic, but Kmart can still be useful/complimentary with the current roster we have.

4. delishman

delishman Member

4 years - 36 million

Morey is pretty shrewd. Think he will get it just below 10 mil.

Either way.. Morey and crew are gonna have to pay,pay,pay.

If Le$ is committed to retaining the talent though instead of tanking..

5. Yodels

It doesn't seem right that other cities are picking on Houston's FAs (Texans/Rockets). Maury and the Rockets are in a better position than the Texans though. The Rockets will be in position to do the prudent move which to let him walk if the money isn't right or keep him.

6. Vpballa916

sorry, but there's no way McHale is going to start two point guards when he has two capable shooting guards in Martin and Courtney(i like courtney more).

Houston is going to lose one of their point guards after this season. i wonder if Dragic's performance in the playoffs this year will dictate whether Houston decides to invest in him as their future, or not.

7. Vpballa916

picking on your FA's? these two point guards are bonafied starting point guards in this league. it'd be a shame to have one of them coming off the bench when they're both clearly meant for much more than that. Let's put these guys in a position where they can reach their full potential.

8. Yodels

In my opinion very few players are worth near max money. Those that are overpaid in a salary-capped league will never get far in the playoffs or be part of a Championship team.

9. Vpballa916

this is the one thing that i respect so much about this Rockets organization, they play hard, and they don't tank. this is why the culture of this organization is so great. i truly believe that teams that tank, create negative cultures. This Houston team has a lot of pride, and i doubt they would ever intentionally sink themselves and forsake their character. with that said, a tough decision is going to have to be made. Either give the driver seat to Lowry, or Dragic. Neither of them are riding shotgun.

10. Yodels

You assume that their full potential can't be reached on the same team. That is a moot point. What I suggested in the previous post was to let him walk if the money is not right.

Also in general, some people are happy playing the support role even if they are capable of doing more. That is what sacrificing for the team is all about.

11. Vpballa916

what you say sounds good. just saying that Goran can help a team more by running a team, versus being a backup.

he'll probably receive a nice offer sheet in the range of 4 years 36-40 million.

12. Yodels

You have a certain paradigm--certain way of thinking about things. I don't think neither Lowry or Dragic are Alphas, but for the sake of argument, let's say they are. If the defintion of survival is to win a Championship, I think 2 alphas can see the benefit of working together.

13. Vpballa916

you don't pay Dragic THAT much money if you want him coming off the bench. this is the reality of it all. i'm pretty sure that these two guys are very selfless and high in character, but the dollars probably don't match the sense.

14. Vpballa916

i just like to see young players realize their potential. First we got a long look at Lowry, and now we're getting a glimpse at Dragic. we're seeing what these guys are capable of doing in starting roles.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

There's no way they put that much money into just the point guard position when the team still needs upgrades in other positions or an outright superstar.

Small chance Dragic stays with Houston next year, unless they retain him and deal Lowry. If they do keep both players, I wont see it lasting a full season.

17. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

But you could trade Lowry/ Martin/ Patpat after resigning Lee and Dragic.

Dragic / Lull
    Lee / Draft
    Parsons / Bud/ Morris
    Trading for PF / Scola
    Camby / Dalembert

18. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

How many of those are are overpaid big men?

19. Pete the Cheat

Quality is quality, I think you are putting too much focus on defining roles for players. The Mavs won a championship with Kidd, Terry and Barea all playing significant minutes.

20. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

This statement is foolish to say the least....more like 5 yrs 20 or 4yrs 25 mil