1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fight Club Sequel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Being worked on as a graphic novel, but I'm sure it will be spun into a movie eventually.

[​IMG]

Link

Huge news out of Comic-Con this past week. And I mean huge. First, a recap: if you didn't already know, Chuck made an appearance at the San Diego Comic-Con this past Thursday and Friday. He signed advanced reader's copies of his upcoming novel Doomed, met with fans, and also spoke on a panel called 'Ode To Nerds,' with fellow writers D.C. Pierson, Patrick Rothfuss, Cory Doctorow, Austin Grossman and Robyn Schneider.

It was during this panel that, when asked what he's working on next, Chuck dropped the news that he's working on a follow-up to Fight Club... in graphic novel format.

While I was at Comic-Con myself, I didn't arrive until mid-day on Friday, so I missed the panel. Hence, I had to email Chuck to confirm this bit of news. Here's what he had to say:

About the graphic novel, it's true. Chelsea Cain has been introducing me to artists and creators from Marvel, DC and Dark Horse, and they're walking me through the process. It will likely be a series of books that update the story ten years after the seeming end of Tyler Durden. Nowadays, Tyler is telling the story, lurking inside Jack, and ready to launch a come-back. Jack is oblivious. Marla is bored. Their marriage has run aground on the rocky coastline of middle-aged suburban boredom. It's only when their little boy disappears, kidnapped by Tyler, that Jack is dragged back into the world of Mayhem.

It will, of course, be dark and messy. Due to contract obligations it can't come to light for a while. Next year is "Beautiful You," followed by the story collection. But since the Fight Club sequel will appear serialized in graphic form, my book publisher might allow me to launch it earlier than 2015.

Feel free to release any or all of this information. We haven't started to court a specific publisher, not until I hammer out the complete story.​

So there you have it. The hopes and wishes of fanboys (according to about 12 years of my inbox) come true.

Feel free to freak out now.

2. SK34

SK34 Member

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My bad! I usually search but was caught up in the excitement.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

6. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

Raymond k hessel

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1ytCEuuW2_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

His name was hotballa.

1 person likes this.