1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Field Day Festival might not happen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 3fingeredgus, May 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

Newsday.com article

I was not planning on attending this since I'll still be on the West Coast, but that has to be a big bummer for those people psyched to see the Beastie Boys and Radiohead (not mentioned in this article).. :(

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

5.28 – Today Town Supervisor Robert Kozakiewicz, Chief David Hegermiller of the Riverhead Police Department and Executive Producer of Field Day Andrew Dreskin held a press conference at the festival site at which time they announced that the planning of the Field Day festival is moving forward and that the denial of a mass gathering permit from Suffolk County was premature.

The promoters and town are continuing to explore all options in an effort to stage the Field Day Festival. The town of Riverhead and the Chief of Police have repeatedly signaled their satisfaction with the Field Day communications, safety, security and traffic plans provided that the town of Riverhead can secure additional police from either the county, state or
    other local authorities. All parties believe there is sufficient time in which to get that done.

Keep checking the Field Day website for updated developments as they unfold.

3. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

Wasn't it because of some stupid ass bird?

4. across110thstreet

i havent heard of any bird....

5.30 – A FIELD DAY IN NEW YORK STATE SUPREME COURT
    From Field Day Executive Producer Andrew Dreskin: "This is an amazing win for Field Day. Not only did the judge review our environmental submission and find it solid, but he also reviewed our transportation, security, medical and sanitation plans, and found them solid, professional and workable.

"He gave a resounding defeat to the party who brought this lawsuit, telling him he not only failed to get to first base but he never made it out of the batter's box. We are delighted and are seeking to move forward quickly to insure that the music will be heard at Field Day and that we can receive our permits in the days to come."

The details of the New York State Supreme Court's decision, in favor of Field Day, will be available to the public this Monday, June 2.

www.fielddayfest.com

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The suit was brought on by people like me who won't get to go:mad:

6. across110thstreet

Well, this is the final update.

after a huge messup on the promoters part, they threw together a last minute concert at Giants stadium.

my friends and i got refunds for the Long Island show, then had to buy tickets for the GIants stadium show on Ticketmaster.

HOW CONVENIENT is their 40 charge for four tickets.

somehow, i feel like i am the sucker here.

these promotors should be sued. people from all over the country were planning on coming out, and to cancel such a big show just two days in advance is unacceptable.
    and their press releases are pathetic. they have been dangling 40,00 people by a string saying "stay tuned! more details to come!" for a week now.

------------------------------------------------------

6.5 – FIELD DAY FESTIVAL STILL ON
    RADIOHEAD, BEASTIE BOYS, BECK, BLUR, UNDERWORLD
    Others confirming by the hour...

ONE-DAY ONLY AT GIANTS STADIUM
    THIS SATURDAY, JUNE 7th ON TWO STAGES

TICKETS ON SALE NOW AT FIELDDAYFEST.COM, TICKETMASTER.C0M AND ALL TICKETMASTER RETAIL OUTLETS

The Field Day Music Festival has been reconfirmed as a one-day event this Saturday, June 7 Giants Stadium. RADIOHEAD, BEASTIE BOYS, BECK, BLUR and UNDERWORLD have all been confirmed to appear at the new date and location.
    Keep checking fielddayfest.com for up-to-the-minute updates on the reconfirming lineup.All tickets purchased for the Calverton festival will be AUTOMATICALLY REFUNDED to the credit card on which they were purchased (including Ticketmaster per ticket convenience fee). It is not necessary to contact Ticketmaster.
    NO CALVERTON TICKETS WILL BE HONORED AT GIANTS STADIUM. EVERYONE WHO WISHES TO ATTEND FIELD DAY AT GIANTS STADIUM THIS SATURDAY MUST PURCHASE A TICKET SPECIFICALLY FOR THAT SHOW.