1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Just the fact that Argentina's 6-0 without any of their NBA-quality stars besides him tells me that Scola is the best player who hasn't yet played an NBA game. Nitpicking on how he gets his points and leads his teams to victories still doesn't bring any other non-NBA player close to him. Splitter had Nene and Barbosa, there's no way anyone's convincing me he outplayed Scola.

2. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

good comparison to battier. not great at 1 thing, but excellent on court iq and good at everything.

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Thats why i think on the offensive end, he'll help yao out to no limit. with scola in there now, teams will have to respect he's mid-range game, hence they cant just play collapse defense on yao on every offensive position.

4. Coca Cola Scola

I don't think he's that much like Battier other than the fact that both are smart team players. Scola's great in the low post....and good in many other areas like midrange shooting... Battier's limited offensively but a solid all around player. Scola is more talented than Battier and has the potential to be a scorer in the league.

5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I dont think he'll ever be a great scorer. i see him as a great role player.i think he'll be a great complement player for yao in particular.

6. WNBA

WNBA Member

battier is overrated.

7. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Actually, I think that Yao can benefit from Scola's presence in an additional way. Yao and Scola can interchange between the high post and the low post; give Yao a chance to rest a bit from all the body banging... also keeps opposing defences off their feet.

8. Fuse

Fuse Member

Scola has been very impressive - a very crafty player that never stops moving, and very well rounded in terms of his offensive game. For $3 Million, he is an absolute steal for us. We technically paid his buyout clause, so his actual salary is a lot lower than the stated amount.

9. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

not exactly, the nba only authorizes nba teams to pay a maximum of $500k towards a player's buyout. scola had to pay a significant amount out of his own pocket for the buyout - approx 1.5 million.

10. Fuse

Fuse Member

To me, it is technically the same thing, regardless of what it says on paper. We paid him the salary upfront so that he could buy himself out.

11. MB20

MB20 Member

:D

Argentines are gay !!!

12. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

i get what you are saying, but he won't get paid by the rockets until the start of training camp, so the salary he earned with his spanish team is what is basically paying the buyout.

13. MB20

MB20 Member

Just to clarify.
    I´m from Argentina and my post was supposed to be a joke.
    But beeing a rookie on this board, I´m not allowed to modify my comment.

:)

14. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

that's cool, but seriously, why would players kiss each other with sweat dripping down their faces?

15. scola

scola Member

There is nothing wrong with kissing a frind on the cheek here. Its a very common thing.

16. MB20

MB20 Member

I don´t see anything wrong with that, as long as you take a shower after the game. :D
    As Scola said, a kiss in the cheek is usual here. Nobody is surprised about it.

17. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

yeah, but he is going to have a rude awakening if he thinks he can kiss his rocket teammates.

18. MB20

MB20 Member

I would love to watch him trying. :D

19. DJ

DJ Member

Rafer wouldn't mind

20. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

why is your current status a "lurker?"