1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

anybody watching Argentina vs Brazil, Scolas havin a great game....but he just kissed a guy...now im all down for the Pride movement and everything, but i dont wanna see our power forward smoochin on Yao

2. likethis

likethis Member

lmao
    i saw that 2
    he kissed his teammate after making that clutch shot

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

And he acted like he scored a soccer goal after that jumper. I wonder what the reaction would be if he kissed another Rocket or did the soccer pose during an NBA game.

4. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I must have stopped it before the kiss.

I think they said he had 23 points and 12 rebounds.

5. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Scola single-handly saved his team and sealed the game. He missed a couple of crucial FT though. All in all, nice game. By the way, I just love the Brazil guy who fouled 3 times in less than 60 s of action. :D :D

6. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Scola killed them at the free throw line and then for a clutch backbreaking shot at the end. it's going to be a fun year for the Rockets!

7. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

However, Scola seems have no effect on Nene and Splitter in the D end. I am not sure how much he has to do with Splitter fouling out.

8. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

[​IMG]

Scola is bringing back on-court kissing to teammates like magic/isiah.

9. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

missed the last minute and abit of the start of OT, but scola has the most quietest 20pt 10rb games ever. Which is a good thing. Shot tons of FTs by setting solid picks and getting run through by the defenders. That last jumper to extend the lead at the left elbow was cold blooded.

He had trouble trying to back down nene and splitter, and when he was in the post, he got double teamed alot. Good thing is he won't be facing the double teams just yet just like how when yao first entered the league and was an unknown, and that nene is probably one of the strongest 4s in the league.

I also don't think he'll be able to play the 5 position in the NBA. He'll get outrebounded and outmuscled.

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NeNe was the only guy that could play with Scola and he makes 10 million/yr.

11. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

scola needs to take his time when shooting free throws, he rushed a few and missed some key ones near the end of regulation.

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Finally, Rockets will be able to pass the 1st round this coming season!

13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Scola was the man today, bringing Argentina back from 14pts down in the 2nd half. He scored almost exclusively from the FT line because he got a few questionable calls. He hit the a mid-range shot to put it away in OT, though. He also rebounded decently and played some good position defense. He looked ok overall and was certainly the focus of Brazil's defense due to Delfino's struggles. I'm not too impressed, though.

14. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Well, what would it take to impress you?

We are paying 3 million a year for Scola. As Dr. Strangelove said... he was guarded by Nene who made 10 million a year... and he didn't bring Brazil back from the dead.

What are you expecting? The next Duncan? The next Boozer?

Don't forget... Scola is playing his 6th game in 6 days. As first / second offensive option. As team captain. His second tournament in a very short span of time.

I think he has done well enough.

15. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Scola will definitely finish top 5 in ROY voting this year. He freaking rocks! 3 mill for him is highway robbery! :eek:

16. scola

scola Member

Scola was not good in the first three quarters, insecure with the ball, with turnovers and struggling with Splitter and Nene. He got double teammed A LOT. The defense was very hard on him, he got lots and lots of fouls. And scored most of his points at the free point line.

Overall it wasn't a very good game for him, despite the numbers. But he showed up when it was most need it: in the 4th quarter and in over time.

17. scola

scola Member

His numbers:

23 pts (5/9 2pts, 13/18 ft), 12 rbs, 1 as, 6 TO in 39 minutes.

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Take it easy. I just didn't think he got to showcase a lot of his skills today. Being able to hit free throws is great, but I want to see him thrive when the calls aren't all going his way. He had around 18 FT's (more than the entire Brazil team) and most of the fouls were off the ball. How am I supposed to be impressed with that? If Duncan or Boozer won games in that manner, I wouldn't be impressed with them either. I'm not looking for every little thing I can pat him on the back for.

19. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

What are you looking for KG??? Sheesh.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It might impress Donaghy. :D