1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fertitta and Green off to a good start

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 1, 2021.

?

Eating at Landry’s restaurant will make Green

1. Stronger and faster

38 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. Look like Harden

40 vote(s)
    51.3%
  1. DonatelloLimestone

Why?
    Do you think the nba might've been a bit different with les in terms of the money involved and what it took to win?
    Did you know Les paid tax once, still cheap, but did it once....tilman on the other hand said he would, didn't , heck even retweeted Lacob's tax bill. Imagine warriors fans first and foremost rooting for budget, rooting for an owner saving, giving up on their team. Hey everyone can enjoy the rockets how they want, we have a lot of 'only' type of fans, you and the other guy with every response to deflect from Tilman is defintiely one of the most unique and amusing ones, but hey go Rock...Landrys? bc thats the onyl beneficiery of the things you guys are rooting for, but hell go for it i guess. interesting hill to die on.

Do you think that might help. Say you have two bosses you're comparing, both were cheap. One would lie and tell you he'd spend, embellish the record, then throw you or anyone under the bus publicly. .. do you really think the same action in those cases would get the same response?

Its funny, you've heard me call out tilman's craps. Actual quotes of him lying, and yes the transaction record that speaks of it self. But when it comes to these kind of crap, I don't join bc like you i agree this is silly and thats all I think their doing is being silly. But I see crap about harden, i see crap about les and agree, morey so on, its only two people who really goto bat for tilman and I otta clarify and wonder

You made a good point, ahrden is not a rocket. he left and he fair game bc he hurt us in the end of hte day. I respect what he did but him leaving hurt the team and we want whats best for the team even if any star would've left in teh same istuation, in the end I'm going to bat for houston.

Likewise with Tilman, he hurt us, lied to us, I can't stand for that. I'm a paying rockets fan BEFORE les(les can kick rocks, china cheap ness, hakeem-toronto, I got NO problem saying it like you guys get really uncomfortable when it coems to tilman)

Tilmans' stone hire turned out to be fine but i'm trying to clarify this. you're outraged becasuse you want fans to stop critisizing tilman ,you think its gtten too much and you're tired of it

But then at the same time you say harden is crap bc he hurt us.

So thats what I'm trying to clarify, how has tilman not hurt us
    We've gone over Ariza. how about I agree, ariza wouldn't win us a ring. ..still no reason not to keep his contract alive, we lose him, we can't replace with anyone. We keep him we get a one year extensino to 1. run it back. 2. do something with his contract.

as mentioned, he was signed by the suns who turned him into Kelly oubre that very season, tehn took oubre and Rubio to turn to Cchris Paul. Two players we didnt want to pay, they ended up in the finals.

Then we took his replacements,(ennis, Daniel house) and sent them away for nothing but savings.

none of these moves help the rockets, and our team . We even traded a first rounder to just get under the tax. This is all the while tilman takes the mike in 2019 and says this team needs to learn a killer culture. As if a team that got worse, less depth should've just done better with worse results? That might work in some fields, but in the luxury league of the nba? where spending is jut going up?

So you're only defense if I'm understanding it is you belive ariza and the team wasn't good enough, you didn't believe inth e rockets, so you were fine with tilman resetting things.

But one year deal to keep the contract alive, to do anything to replace or better yet how about NOT just trading rotation players and picks to get under the tax and blaming another guy saying we went all in?

Once again, these moves don't help our team ,they didn't help our future...but you guys are rooting something that only benefits one guy

Can you imagine the bucks fans saying We dont want PJ, he scores 0, he wont make a difference but here he was, 36 minutes. hes got a championship

or bucks fans saying Giannis choked his mvp year, he chokes in the playoffs all the time, why invest in him and surrounding him with talent when he cant even make free throws(he choked last year, the year before)...but they didn't worry about Marc Larsy's pockets, they ent back and the guy hit crazy free throws and now have a champinship

even when it doesnt work you hear any warriors fans saying Lacob shouldn't pay the tax for kelly oubre.

I mean its real rich to sit here and critisize the millionaires as spoild then the billionaire whose not even working in this field deserves a lot of leeaway WHEN he was lying..like i said, i've given the quotes of him lying, I'll ask you to find anytime Les did that and wonder why tilman isn't helping his cause

I say all this LOVING our current position. Good job tilman with the stone here, you took a shot and a rooke gM worked out. Clap and kuddos. hes still basically lettiny Kelly and Barldey go, but now you hear us saying anyhting about it? bc we're rebuilding and thats fine... so i agree where you say something get out of hand, but also all the fair criticisms i have of him are actual transactions

So once again, its an odd thing to see harden only fans, its an odd thing to see green only fans, maybe morey only fanss,but the oddest thing is tilman only fans a guy who bought in 3 years ago, has lied and put himself at the face and ran away not just harden, but the other respected staff, and then hes openly lying about it....I don't get it. moves that don't help or even hurt our team and two dudes on here dying on a hill to save the guy money for one year risk, no future issues because they don't believe in our squad but they say don't go at the owner bc they believe in him...its an odd thing but I'm open if you can answer the actual above rather than just arizza wasn't going to bring us a title, answer the other options, answer why we traded picks and replaced him and traded them too and why not believing in our team and roster and guys fighting it out isn't negativity but sposting quotes of an owner lying with reciepts is too much negativity....would like to thinkg we're all rockets fans, not landrys fans, so hapyp to be educated i mean is the goal of this finances, efficient nba spending, nba on a budget? is that why you gyus got into this thing?[​IMG]

#21 DonatelloLimestone, Aug 1, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    Nook, napalm06, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Excellent post.

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

You've been on fire since you came back, everything you are posting is cracking me up!

Nook, ApacheWarrior, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Well yeah, but even the fittest have a cheat day... He is so young, hard work and good dieting means he can enjoy these foods from time to time and have no effect on him....

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  6. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Salvy … chicken strips and fries is not ******** on Jalen… it’s ******** on Tilman.. I worked for him… that’s the best he could do?? Really, I don’t think it’s an upgrade to McDonald’s. For real. Not knocking anyone but Tilman and his choice of food to supply while showing our new franchise athlete “the best” of what fame has to offer????

It’s embarrassing

Nook likes this.
  7. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Bro, right now I literally have one of tilmans old executive chefs staying at my house….. the stories……. He’s not even a bball fan but the day Tilman made the purchase he called me and said, he’s gonna run the rockets like a restaurant - 1st thing he did was boot out Aramark and make Landry’s the sole purveyor for the Toyota center. I’m good with that - it’s smart business

However, I am not good with him providing trash food to our rookie when Tilman literally would come eat at one of the restaurants and have his “particulars/specials” …. Nook mentioned one tidbit but there are many…. And he has a right to have special caliber food - I’m good with all of that too

what I am not good with is that he doesn’t provide the same quality for our rockets… apparently….. Sysco and I have roots as well and it is not their fault either…. No need to going into details but I will say this… even farmers understand the difference and importance of organic or grass fed beef vs the alternative….

Unless Jalen insisted on some food like that…. This is a whole new level of cheap - all I’m sayin

payaso, Nook, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  8. DonatelloLimestone

I think the 19 year old will just love the instagram nature of being on a private jet while eating chicken wings bc hes still 'real' you know

I think tilman has made us a laughing stock with his moves and stone ha to pick up the pieces, but this case...non issue, i would laugh but not be surprised if they asked him to show the landry's bib, but once jalen green hits training camp then eats is more important. Hes 19, a lot is forgiveable, but this is just more of a case to bring in VETS who can show and express what it takes to be great. A lot of guys went to kobe, hell even kobe mentors. Remember kobe would pick phil's mind, horrys mind, all about MJ. Ariza was known to have the respect in our locker room by tellign tales of his title with kobe who harden and paul were friends with and looked up to like many of the generation growing up.

We need to him to know what i takes to be great, really special and the commitment sacrifice that it takes. We need vets with clout to show that day to ay grind, fire not flash

HP3 likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s like Trump providing McDonald’s and Domino’s at the White House for the Clemson football team

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  10. bmd

bmd Member

I hate the negativity around here when it comes to the franchise. People here complain about everything. And not just legitimate complaints, but just hating with malicious intent and a real disdain for the franchise.

I find it weird. Whose team are y’all on? I mean I’m not saying you have to be a blind homer, but it annoys the crap outta me when people here keep ******** all over the team for no good reason. Making mean-spirited jokes about everything relating to the franchise, all the way down to some damn chicken wings. I don’t understand y’all at all. It’s like y’all hate your own team.

It’s one thing to levy serious criticisms where you see them, and it’s a completely different thing to act like your team is a joke in all respects. I completely understand the former, and cannot stand the latter. Stop speaking about your team as if it’s one big joke and instead treat it like the serious and winning franchise that it is.

11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

For real. I've barely even been here that long and it's already old. For a "fan" site, I experience way more hate or obsessive defending of former team members than actual supporting of the team. It's kinda tragic.

payaso and HTXSportsAddict like this.
  12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lol you've clearly never been on a private jet if you expected the dressing not to be in packets. Get off your high horse.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Start him early. Maybe when he’s ready for his second contract he will accept Landry’s gift cards.

14. bmd

bmd Member

I’ve been here for a while, and it didn’t used to be like this. It’s like the failure of the Harden era to break through and win the big one broke people mentally and turned them bitter.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

so basically it's no wonder hardon got fatt amirite?

tinman likes this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He dated the fat Kardasian

Jontro likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m optimistic
    The Rockets have never had a long period of suck like the Knicks or kings
    Plus lots of fat people in Houston . Tilman will get his money to pay the players

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  18. DonatelloLimestone

To me this reaks of different defination of what this "team" is. Sort of how in politics as we saw if you critisize CCP policies you are apparently to them critisizing all of China and outrage ensues. If you critisize Netanyahu, its all jews...MBS in Saudi, so on and so forth. These privelged heads including owners in basketball risk finances and of ten its just a side source of income, a showpiece. thats why its a billionaires boys club. Their job is to bring finances into it, they contribute nothing else and can be replaced and get to enjoy great appreciation and profits other years.

Critisizing what Tilman fertitta has done or if he has lied, etc isn't criticizing houston Rockets. The houston rockets are our team, our city before him, before Les, before harden, morey, so on and so forth. Are you making these post when poeple call harden lazy? Or MDA to adjust? or Morey to do better? Being a fan, we contribute time, energy, money and in return we just get to experience the rockets, we dont get anything material back. When you do that and then you are lied to in your face, are watching the opposite infront of you, would anyone appreicate that disrsepct, thats something that has brought down our franchise name to a laughing stock, thats someting that took us from no 1 seed to now not playing a single meaningful game while being the lowest in the league. It happens, we get it, but it doesnt help to be lied to constantly and look around the league, very few owners have doene that.

I dont get if this mentality has come to houston through our Chinese years. This ccp dear leader don't criticize our leader otherwise its too negative and i cant take it meanwhile the staff roster all are fair game? lol you can't make this stuff up man.

Are you a Houston Rockets fans? or are you a Landrys fans? bc the things people are criticizing were moves that helped the 'company above' financially but did not help rockets and thats fair and then on top of that we get lied to, its not secret a president, gm, coach, ass coach, role players, vets all wanted out.

I love swhat stone has done, im excited for silas, love our young guys. I love this team, want them to be best. But just lke with harden, when their lackluster we call it out here, and the trajectory of our franchise changed with an owner, andwe're supposed to 'shut up and listen' hey, everyoen can root how they want and be offended and die on this hill if they want, and frankly i'd love to have employees that blindly loyal and positive, i'm simply more objective. I don't feel overwhelemd or anyhting. I hope the best and i hope tilman does better bc that means rockets do better, simple as that, but just like in my own business i don't want to be F'n up and people boot licking rather than calling it ot and giving fair due for an entire season wasted at the bottom. its fair game. he can do better, he can be the hometown hero with this next rebuild and hell i'm rooting for tilman to be lifitng the larry o'briend, but frankly if hes going to do wh at he did this time around, then yes Green or any other star will leave too. So ths why just like if a defender aint doing his job, if an owner isnt, you call it out.

Nook likes this.
  19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If she's fat then i'm all about the "fat" girls! I hear her vag smells though so that might be a no go!

HTXSportsAddict and tinman like this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't see A-1 sauce there. Don't know how to vote.

tinman and BigShasta like this.