1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Trades today to be combined into one large trade (possible $21m more in capspace)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jul 1, 2023.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Well....that is obvious. They did overpay. That's because they had the most cap space in the league.

That doesn't mean you needlessly send out assets to do it.[/QUOTE]
    I do not believe Brook Lopez backed out, there is something called counteroffer.....you knew Milwaukee would counter the offer and we either needed to bring another offer or fold.....we folded. There are rumors that there backup plans to Brook Lopez was Dwight Powell not Landale and they OFFERED Powell twice the money they gave Landale.....TWICE. Powell said no to 16 million because it was a one year guaranteed contract.....he went back to Dallas for 3 years at 12 million guaranteed.

2. OkayAyeReloaded

I'll check as well, hopefully, someone can break down how our future picks, first-rounders included look in the coming years as they stand now. Including ones, we've gotten from trades years ago also.

3. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What would a deal that brings Capela here ultimately look like?

4. Nook

Nook Member

Meanwhile the Spurs get one year of Reggie Bullock (a very good shooter) and an unrestricted 2030 1st round pick swap with Dallas…. Just to take Bullock, who they will trade at the deadline for picks.

Good job Raffy Stone!

5. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't know if I like the fit that much--we would be giving up assets and playing less of Sengun just to... not add shooting?? Would be kind of a strange move considering the addition of Brooks, another defensive non-shooter.

I'm fine with running Landale out there as the backup.

Y2JT, Nook and CarlosGM like this.
  7. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets offered more. However, since the Bucks offered the number Lopez wanted from THEM, he took their lesser offer.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These days 2nd rounders can be sold and purchased, so I am not sweating them too much tbh...

Guy drafted Tari Eason, Alperen Sengun, and Cam Whitmore.

(And a lot of the same douchers whining in here were screaming that Amen was a scrub from the rooftops...)

Rafael Stone >>> All y'all!

Jontro and FLASH21 like this.
  9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

KJ Martin was definitely a guy I felt like we may have given up too early on. I would not have traded him, I would have tried to make it work. He seemed happy and has a lot of friends on the team, regardless of what his dad said. He is only 22 and has never had a good coach, would have been interesting to see what he could do in a real system with a real coach. Regardless if Brooks works out, he is not a guy that will be easy to cheer for. Just don't understand what Stone is thinking on these trades he makes, the Victor trade a couple years ago was a massive cluster and now this. Just complete mismanagement of assets. If Cam or Sengun work out then maybe it will buy him some time, but I do not have faith in him making smart moves. I feel like he is a degenerate gambler sitting at a blackjack table and drinking, at any moment he may just go all in for no reason at all using someone else's money.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think the spurs had the inside track because Boston preferred their 2024 and 2025 (and 2030) second round picks. And after seeing Wemby last night, he may only have a Ralph Sampson affect on rookie season wins, ie. Spurs are very bad again in 2024, making that 2024 second a possible 31st pick in the draft

ElPigto and Nook like this.
  11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

TF is a businessman, PT is his eyes and ears, moves like this have to call into question Stone's competency as a GM. Isolating this transaction alone is kind of unfair, so I won't continue to pile on, but this appears to be a very poor or reckless example of negotiation.

Aruba77 likes this.
  12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah you drop 2-yr $60 mil on the table and tell him and his agent to make a decision. If he says yes, you make those trades for space (although a smarter GM would have already churned through Christopher kj and maybe Garuba). If you don’t have him at that money, you don’t have him. It’s not that hard. You move on to plan B. You don’t go back and forth giving Milwaukee the advantage of closing that gap. I don’t presume to know everything about NBA contract negotiations, but I negotiate for a living professionally and you don’t let yourself get hung out to dry like we did; especially when the chances of getting a guy like Lopez to leave a champion team for a 22-win team are not great.

fryjol7, txtodd and Shark44 like this.
  13. rammo

rammo Member

It’s not happening, is it?

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

b-b-b-b-b-b-ut Morray treated people like assets, the literal worst GM evarrr!!!!!!

15. OkayAyeReloaded

I hope we don't fall victim to groupthink and focus on the play of the team this year and how these players develop over the years.

If minutes go to Amen instead of TyTy, Landale or even Jabari take minutes instead of Garuba and they both play better, and we have a better record, Stone should get credit as well.

You can only stock so many draft picks on a team, second-rounders can be picked up and we'll have cap space next year as well. I'd rather follow Jerry West's blueprints over OKC's and Presti's.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

kindergarten teacher?

sorry, couldn't help myself. :p:D

Aruba77 likes this.