1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets pool of free agents

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Cam is a one-trick pony. Anything more that 4/80 is too much, and even at that, you could get a cheaper short term contract for a sharpshooter.

Mathloom likes this.
  2. Damion Laverne

Wouldn't mind a Wiggins trade.

In fact, maybe the Rox should start packaging some younger players in a trade for vets on short deals (takes care of cap space and consolidates the roster)

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Absolute no to Dillon Brooks. That guy sucks.

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

KPJ is a better shooter and scorer than FVV but I think that's what the team needs the least from that position. FVV is the better defender, playmaker, and decision maker.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Having FVV at the 1 and KPJ as free-ranging 6th man for 25-30mpg could work very well.

Rockets FTW and jch1911 like this.
  6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

KPJ isn’t better than FVV but he has the potential to be as good if he can get his head on straight under Udoka. That’s a big if though

Nook and jch1911 like this.
  7. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I was all in on FVV in 2017, 2018, & 2019 (check my post history... I think... lol). Not so much now.

I would understand it from the Rox FO perspective tho. Just not in our interests long-term IMHO.

UNLESS... he signs a 3 year deal because you can trade him in 3rd year if young players are developing.

Even if he signed a 4 year deal with TO on 4th or lower guaranteed $$$, he still might be moveable.

I just think it is a moot point because I think TOR or SA is going to throw him the bag on a 4 year deal.

robbie380 likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The KPJ > FVV narrative in the context of being a PG is so laughable man.

Nook, Richie_Rich and Deckard like this.
  9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah I was thinking of him for an overpaid 3 year deal, but who knows if that's realistic. The team has to start moving in a winning direction even if it's a shorter term overpay.

jch1911 likes this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I’m starting to feel hopeless about avoiding Dillon Brooks.

Why do they give 0 f*cks about what an atrocious offensive player he is? What’s the point of good defense if your a huge negative offensively? His shot selection was so bad and excessive yet he was unhappy with the number of shots they gave him.

This dude is going to take shots away from the young guys and he’s not going to listen to the coach. I feel like we’re generating a problem if we sign him.

BaselineFade and jch1911 like this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Oh of course yes. I don’t believe there’s a chance. I can believe someone told Amick it’s serious. I do believe ESPN will turn it into a cliffhanger regardless - they were doing it before Amick reported anything.

He’s an FA and we have $64m in cap space while the Sixers want a discount. Let’s see what happens.

12. jch1911

jch1911 Member

If we strike out on all the other 3&D wings toward the end of free agency and we HAVE to use the $$$$... I could see it.

If it is on day 1.... that's just poor selling / marketing of the organization to other FA's.

Honestly, wouldn't be bidding against ourselves for Villain?

Second, if we sign him to a 2 year (TO on the 2nd year), I could see that. But once again, only after almost all other alternatives have been exhausted.

I hate myself for trying to rationalize this potential signing....

BHannes2BHonest and Mathloom like this.
  13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not even in the context of being a PG. FVV is far and away the better player as of last season lol. It's not even close.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

When you say Adding FVV improves the guard rotation dramatically, how many additional wins do you think he brings? I know that is kind of hard to quantify, but do you think FVV makes this a play in team?

don grahamleone and robbie380 like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2023-6-26_13-47-40.jpeg
    I’m all about being able to provide some sort of defensive resistance to opposing teams in 2023-2024. .

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

sirjesse likes this.
  18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

is Capela obtainable? we could give them KJM+Tate+Garuba

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Better get a sharpshooter. Somebody has got to score.

20. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Finally a summer where we will be the team spending money and changing our future outlook. This should be an exciting weekend to see who we can get. I know we will be in a lot of rumors just because we were a bad team that needs help and have a lot of money to spend.

I trust the front office and Ime to make solid personnel decisions. Im sure Ime is letting Stone and Tilman know what types of players he wants /needs to take this team up a couple of levels in the very near future. I know D Brooks looked like a fool this past year, but if he comes on the cheap and will fall in line with what Ime wants from him he may not be a bad backup SF to have. Bring him in to bother some guys for a little while, not bring him in for scoring or be a focal point in the offense. Ime will give him a role and make sure he sticks to it or else...