1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets optimistic about trade this time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

That's what I meant. I could/should have worded it better.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

IBT-Carl Herrera s***s on this.

5, 4, 3, 2..............

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's so hard to like this guy. Everything he says sounds like PR team advised him.

WHATEVER IT TAKES = at least outspend the Warriors.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Come to me JaMychal Green...

topfive and D-rock like this.
  7. NateNate

NateNate Member

Tealman living month to month with no savings

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

It seems trades used to work out better when no one knew the Rockets were about to make a trade.

saleem, whiskeyred, amaru and 2 others like this.
  9. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Who is left off of the 2008 Nugget team? J.R. Smith?

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Seriously! For a team that values three point shooting they sure don’t value good three point shooting.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Agree I doubt there are any real differences maker out there that we could trade for a pick and it would be nice to watch the draft!

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I’m sure the reports would come out that our offer was “underwhelming” the fact is we just don’t have any assets to move for a star right now. No prospects and bad draft picks. And as much as I’d love for them to take back CP3 I just don’t think they are that dumb.

13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Any time now

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You really think they can get him (& filler) for Knight and a 1st ?

Eating Knights salary for next season …. who do they dump on us to make up the salary difference that makes at least $4.95m.

You know they'd love to dump Parsons …. but to bring back that much $$ you'd have to add EG to Knight and that's not making you better. You could substitute Gasol for Parsons but it still takes EG & Knight to make the money work , that doesn't make you better.

Knight for Green and Temple ? …. Temple's expiring and Memphis only cuts $1.03m in salary this year for eating Knights $15.6m salary next year - A first alone doesn't get it done. Memphis will want another asset … pick or player , what are we giving up ? Is Hartenstein enough ? Or a 2nd rounder ?
    Maybe but I have my doubts - both of those assets may not be enough to entice them to take on that $15.6m next year.

I'd hate to throw two #1's at this and Green be your only return as he's a UFA after this season ( Would he come with bird rights?) …. this team is old and capped out , need those future picks to get some young talent that's team controlled.

Also , in bringing in Green and Temple , they don't escape the tax … You have to believe that if they are sending out those assets , they want to get under the tax line. That would involve a 3rd team to absorb Temple … how does that change things asset wise ?

The obvious 3rd team to involve is Sacramento but they cant re-acquire Temple.

EDIT- There is also the possibility that Memphis ships Conley elsewhere …. that could open the door for Knight to be of use to them in the short term.

#214 Corrosion, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand, even if we acquired an elite 3pt shooter, we would make him shoot a higher and higher volume till he hits 36%. We aim for 36%. It's so obvious by now. Steph Curry wouldn't be hitting 45% here, he'd be hitting 36% on 20 attempts, that's how we operate - doesn't mean he's not an amazing shooter.

16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Tilman thinks this a pretty good team. Bah. You have james harden you know what he can do, Capela who is gonna be twice the monster he was last year, and a broke down paul who seems like hes hobbling around most the games.

No bench, No True shooters, No 3&d guys, Tucker and Gordon will not take this team to the promise land. So this usually means the same thing, the rockets are not gonna make a big slash probably cause it will cost money, and they are tied up with 2 guys, 1 of them Paul, where you should of just let go and sign at least 3-4 four players with his money, and you could have built a great team/bench around Harden. Oh well enjoy mediocre good times.

whiskeyred likes this.
  17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Whatever. You took Brenners steakhouse cheaped it out and now it is crap. You took Salt Grass cheaped it out and now it is crap. I think you are applying those same principles to our beloved basketball team. That’s working out just great.

ak99999, Little Bit and whiskeyred like this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Paycheck to paycheck, renting his furniture and TV from Rent-a-Center.

J.R., whiskeyred and hakeem94 like this.
  19. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Rockets are a team of NBA midgets, and keep adding more midgets. Morey is stuck on 6'8". We regularly get abused by "big" teams.

amaru and bmelo like this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

Glad they are confident because I’m not.

hakeem94 likes this.