1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets not bringing back Schroder and Fernando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jun 27, 2022.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...or-Rockets-John-Wall-Eric-Gordon-17265838.php

Honestly, I don't know why they won't bring back Bruno. None of the centers that are attainable with MLE on the market are needle movers. And if you are dead set on developing Sengun, you don't want to spend money on someone like Mo Bamba who would relegate Sengun. So why not bring back Bruno on the cheap? He played well enough last season, he's young, he's athletic and a shot blocker, he checks all the boxes.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think you need that many big men and also remember you have Garuba.

They will be playing a lot of times with one big on the floor any ways I imagine. I bet Jabari-Sengun will be their only two big lineup.

Thank god we're not bringing back Schroder

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We don't need them. Fernando was ok, but we might as well try Boban or whatever. Sengun and Garuba are ahead of them.

Definitely don't want Schröder.

Deckard, Nook, D-rock and 6 others like this.
  4. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I could also see us try Jabari and even Eason at C in a small ball lineup. Eason is already pretty strong and lengthy and a pretty good help defender. That won't work against you Embiids, but it should work against many other centers, especially when you play teams like GSW. And I would also like to see Garuba here.

5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I liked Bruno too, either Boban is staying or we're going to add someone else. I'm up for a Hartenstein return, but would pass on Bamba.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Fernando was a rebounding machine in his limited time

Imanimal, DreamShook, jadrien and 2 others like this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

What money is free'd up after the wood trade?. What Money is going toward a new free agent?. Are they going to Use there MLE on a Center?

Kyle Anderson(Slo Mo) or C Bucher(Swatterboy) Be on the Radar for Defense and exp vets?

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Schroder should have been dumped immediately after we got him.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Mo Bamba would be the backup. The Rockets are looking at guys primarily to bang if Sengun gets in foul trouble and the opposing center is too big for Garuba. Personally, I'd prefer a second stint of Hartenstein over Mo Bamba.

I'm interested to see how the Rockets play Garuba. He was a little out of shape when he came back from injury, but defensively he looks like he could play the 4 better. Offensively, Sengun would need to improve his 3 point shot to allow Garuba more time screening.

11. vince

vince Member

Bruno seemed like a guy I’d of brought back. But as it is, the Rockets have so many guys they need to move out of here because there is a glut of guys on the roster.

I think most of us know who the core group is, and my gut says the Rockets need to cut or move some of even the youth players that are redundant or not figuring into their plans.

There were 7 first round picks between last year and this year. Plus KPJ, Gordon, Matthews, Nix, Martin, Queen, and Tate. (FYI, I know Martin wants out but, it’s not his call). So the rockets have limited space for guys to fight and truly earn a spot on the team, beyond laying claim on it beyond mere potential or where they got drafted.

Simply put, they can’t keep them all.

12. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

I liked Bruno, but Garuba needs minutes. We need to see if he can or cannot play in this league

ilias, D-rock, JayGoogle and 2 others like this.
  13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I'm fine with a bigman rotation of Sengun, Smith, Garuba, and Boban to start the season. Maybe we could upgrade from Boban, but in a way he's perfect as a defensive, spot-minutes center.

roslolian, D-rock, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  14. Rockets4Life13

Fernando pouted because he didn't get PT last year. He won't get much PT either this year.

Right move

noppeper, Nook, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

losing Schröder is a huge loss, don't know how we're ever gonna recover

in other news

Severo jump hop .gif

ElPigto, Nook, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Boban is fun, try to hire him to the coaching staff as a player development coach. The guy has averaged like 8 mpg and 30 games per season over the last 3 years, I think Senguns backup will need to be a little more active than that.

It would really help to have a stretch 5 to keep the floor spaced for the young guys, especially if Sengun/Garuba's shots are as rough as they were last year, if JC/Tate/Martin/Nix/Eason are all shaky shooters in the backcourt

I'd like to see us go for Gorgui Dieng or Ibaka

17. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

We should try to get Facundo Campazzo as a backup PG/Veteran locker room guy

Nook, jimmyv281, JayGoogle and 2 others like this.
  18. gabion

gabion Member

I think the rockets is just positioning itself for the sweepstake next year. We know the price next year is critical for the rebuild. Let the rookies & sophomores learn the game still.

glynch and jcmoon like this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Fernando was kind of growing on me, but you need to find out what you have with Garuba. Stone has this thing under control.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I’m hoping we can help Shroder get somewhere via S&T and get some cheap assets for him, a la Courtney Lee and Marcus Camby.