1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets interested in Luol Deng and Thabo Sefolosha

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

If this is true, I do commend the Rockets for addressing a major need: perimeter defense. But there is still a bigger need than that, even bigger than trying to acquire that "3rd star", and that is backup big men (for both PF and C positions).

1 person likes this.
  2. Maikeru

Maikeru Member

I'd love Deng but they should really check his knees first, don't want another Amare situation.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Sefolosha was a starter before and i don't know what happened to him last year but the man should be giving a 2nd chance. He's an awesome defender and can shoot from downtown....that's all we needed. I remember 2 yrs ago, i thought he was an awesome fit for the Thunder...seem to be pretty consistent from downtown. Not sure what happened to him this year.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That blurb actually makes me even more confident we wont land Deng. He's valued higher elsewhere. Basically, Rockets like Deng but wont get him.

Okay.

5. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think a better thread would be, rockets not interested in :.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Told talks advancing between free-agent F Luol Deng (Cavs) and Hawks, though nothing final.</p>&mdash; Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) <a href="https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/statuses/485268120139866113">July 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. JazzLakerHater

Considering that a lot of solid free agents are going, it almost seems like Morey knows something big is going to go down with the Rockets.

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Free agency waiting sucks balls. ..

10. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

So, who are we getting in free agency this year... nobody?

I worry that the rest of the west gets stronger while Houston actually gets weaker. Not impressed so far, but still holding out hope.

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Thabo couldn't even crack the playoff roster for OKC. He was absolutely useless for them so they went with Caron Butler, Reggie Jackson, and even Jeremy Lamb. Please no thabo sefalosha.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Anthony, James, Bosh, Deng, Gasol, Stephenson, Frye are all still avaliable

Love and Rondo are also still up for grabs in possible trades,

Once all of those options fail, then I will be disappointed, be patient, were only 4 days into free agency.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

These articles are stupid. Yes, Maury wants every free agent from the best available ranging down to the worst available depending on how much they want. Give me a franking break.

14. mag

mag Contributing Member

Let's just hope Parson does not sign an offer sheet. If that happens, we are f...

15. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

Thabo already signed with Atlanta. He is off the board.