1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Feigen] Rockets consider amnestying Scola, as talks with the Magic grow "serious"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 11, 2012.

1. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Member

McHale, Drexler, Bullard, and Calvin can run the point.

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No, it doesn't affect my opinion about whether we should amnesty Scola. I think I know my own opinion.

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

so you think he resigns ? ? while he and the rest of nba thinks he walks away from houston after playoffs

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Probably to keep him as a larger expiring trade chip to net someone to compliment Dwight. Scola's contract in a trade scenario doesn't net you as good a player as Martin's(we could take back up to 150% if we are under the cap) and Houston will be limited in sweetners in the form of picks & young assets after an Orlando page.

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Okay, well then if he did that to a team that essentially groomed him and guided him since he was 18, then what's stopping him from doing the same thing to us (a team who he has gone out of his way to try to avoid getting traded too)?!?!?

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

wow, whats up with the ppl complaining about the contracts???!! man, they are free players man!!! they are either former stars, or at least very solid veterans. whats not to like??!?!

houston is magic's best trade partner. no other team can give as much as houston can give.

but i feel the dangerous dark horse is coming from Atlanta. They can trade Al Horford which is an asset that we cannot top.

8. Possum

Possum Member

On 790 AM they just said that Howard has a no trade clause in his contract and can shoot down any trade he doesn't like. Is this true? I haven't heard this before. T

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i say keep scola only because if dwight walks wereflexible to rebuild...

if we have scola with dwight... thats a pretty strong frontcourt...

plus in 2 yrs (1 and a half) he becomes an expiring aka asset... so either he would help land another talented player(hopefully by then dmo is a beast) via cap space or as an asset...

yes lamb/white etc... could be hitting thier strides as pros, or they could start being known as bust's... aka 09 draft...

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

So why did you even bring up that we have to pay his salary? including the false assumption it counted against the cap?

To say it doesn't affect your opinion at all seems disingenuous at best. The cap impact is a huge consideration. Hell, its the only consideration.

11. ThaShark316_28

Y'all got to stop this trolling, fam.

12. Madmaxellis

Madmaxellis Member

Dwight has to Stay with us if we get him. We can offer him 20 mill more than everyone else. Get Superman Jr.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If that were true I would think he would have heard it by now.

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

False

15. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

OK, let me take a shot at summarizing:

- Everyone knows that the Rockets are negotiating to acquire Dwight Howard.

-Nobody here knows the terms that are being discussed.

-many people are very upset and predicting disastrous results because of the potential trade.

Does that pretty much cover it?

1 person likes this.
  16. teebone21

teebone21 Member

well its all about capspace that gives us ability to sign better players. If we take dwight , hedo , duhon and jrich we are screwed for 3 years when dwight walks while our "kids squad" would give us the $$$$ needed to bring in a game changing FA while seeing if any of our new guys show dramatic improvement. I would rather suck for 3 years with young guys improveing and $ to spend instead of having magic rejects handicap our offseason moves

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's still a factor. Les isn't willing to pay an unlimited amount.

18. Madmaxellis

Madmaxellis Member

Get Dwight now

19. Possum

Possum Member

I would imaging that Martin is already part of the package. Cap relief is the big key according to most reports and he is an expiring contract.

20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Make no mistake - Orlando has been a poorly run franchise for quite a while now. As crappy as Dwight has been, their management hasn't been that much more professional. I'm not agreeing with the way Dwight has complained but I do think Orlando has totally mismanaged Dwight's situation on that team for years.