1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen/MacMahon] CP3 wants to make a case for PJ Tucker for All Defensive team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Mar 9, 2019.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I believe the mvp odds tracker has been wrong one time.

The year Westbrook won over Harden.

Their model had Harden winning.

The kind of stupid crap that happens when people ignore the analytics.(the facts)

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

well if it has Giannis over Harden this year - here's hoping its wrong again... :)

...and analytics are a tool to be factored in when deducing the overall impact of a player - they are not the end all conclusion... imo... ;)
    ie: If you have a guy that is getting triple teamed so he is feeding his guys and they simply cant make a wide open shot... his assists are going to be lesser than someone who feeds his guys half as much - but they knock the same shot down...
    Numbers/analytics should be utilized as a tool in the evaluation process - not the deciding factor....

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not true!

He also cares about shoes. :D

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The thing is, you can look up all that data. What you are talking about is someone taking limited information and making a decision. Nowadays you don’t have to.

The stats, analytics and tracking info are here to make sure our eyeballs don’t deceive us. That our preconceived notions of what is good or smart basketball can be fact checked.

I wouldn’t root for the tracker to be wrong again, that just means the human voters ****ed it up for a 2nd time. Their model is so successful because they base it off of how voters have voted forever. Harden should have won over Westbrook. All the data said so. But voters went with their heart and their lying eyes. It’s ok that based on history that Giannis would get it this year. I would rather they stay consistent.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Who's to say voters from the past had it right? i mean we have gone further and further down the analytic rabbit hole in recent years... I would presume voters have become increasingly more knowledgeable.... Ppg and scoring titles used to be a major yardstick... now actual offensive efficiency is more highly regarded...

and numbers can be manipulated...
    Like Westbrooks teammates leaving rebounds for him to grab when they were closer - to pad his stats...
    or guys padding their stats late in games when the outcome is already decided and the other team has let up on defense....
    Folks think utilizing numbers removes the human factor... but you still have to decide what factors are more important and how much weight to give different parameters....

all i've been saying is they are a tool - and no algorithm is necessarily going to give you the definitive answer - it might.. or it might not.... Stats dont happen in a vacuum and there are always a myriads of factors that can skew the numbers... some of which can be accounted for - and many of which are not....

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He'd be first team defence except that he doesn't catch the ball when inbounded to him in the clutch sometimes.

That's his defensive weakness.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

ThiCC's work can make a case for ITSELF.

He can speak for himself.

10. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I love PJ Tucker, I really do. But man, I wish JH and CP3 didnt lobby for him all the time. If it wasnt for their loyalties, we'd be able to operate much more rationally in trying to upgrade the team. Chances are PJ would have been traded by now and that Gary Clark would be in the G League if it werent for Harden and Paul, but I guess it is what it is.

11. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

This ^ EXACTLY.

PJ Tucker isn't a critical piece on our team where he is considered "untouchable". If it wasn't for this "loyalty" that CP3, JH and fans like @YOLO display constantly he would have been shipped out for Jimmy Butler. It's a damn shame and I wish NBA players wouldn't play this game of popularity especially when we could have obtained a 3rd star who would have been 20 times better than Tucker.

Also why do you continue to call me out especially when you're bringing up stats like "he had 15 box outs" LOL. That's an entirely useless stat - especially when his rebounding is only at 6.0 (his 4th career lowest season) but he's playing the most minutes ever in his career. As far as all team defense, he has never been on a first or second team and never will considered his age (about to turn 34 in 2 months). There is absolutely NO WAY in hell he is getting that award since our defense for the this season was trash.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

The more you refuse to hold yourself accountable for the garbage you post around here, I definitely will. Especially when you keep popping out of hiding at oh so convienient times. You wanted this, you’ll get plenty of it. I could easily use the ignore but that’s absolutely no fun in this case for your idiotic iq that’s easily picked on.

13. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

You should hold PJ Tucker accountable! Not me. All I do is post FACTS and instead you like bumping one great PJ Tucker play or give him praise that he had "15 box outs" that occurred a month ago as retaliation. You just can't handle the honest truth and you know deep down you agree with me.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nothing you post is fact. Your post are trash. You were so embarrassed by yourself that you had to change your cf name thinking that no one would notice. You can change the name but the chicken little still types on that keyboard

15. SemisolidSnake

Two weeks from now:

Chris Paul: "I asked nicely and attempted to be civil, but you leave me little choice. The players are ready to strike, indefinitely if need be, if Tucker is not named to at least 2nd Team All Defense."

16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Even without Butler, chances are we'd have Morris right now if the team was willing to move Tucker to the bench and guarantee Morris 20 mins/game. Morey basically said as much. Instead, we missed out on a critical stretch 4 player that could and would have helped us.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

House is better fit than Morris. So is Faried.

Bullet dodged.

18. Voltik

Voltik Member

You can’t touch PJ Tucker, too THICKK.

19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

House and Faried were already on the roster when we were pursuing Morris. This team tried hard to get him, and it's pretty clear he was our top target after the trade deadline. We would be a better team with Morris on it and he would be a good fit as a stretch four. I don't think missing out on him was a death knell, but it has made our chances of overcoming GSW more difficult.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morris making impact with OKC?

Rockets have passed them since that signing. Rue for not signing Kief is waste of energy and time.

Rockets have eye on 2nd spot and whether Kief could have helped do this an exercise in futility.