1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Here's the deal to choose.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Screw_ston713, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Screw_ston713

Screw_ston713 Member

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2010/02/jazz_104_rockets_95_rockets_fa.html

1 person likes this.
  2. TheGM

TheGM Member

It all depends on what picks Chicago is offering. With the NY trade we get their 2012 pick and the option to swap picks in 2011.

3. Screw_ston713

Screw_ston713 Member

I like swapping the 2011 first round pick and getting knicks 2012 1st round pick but the Bulls offer helps the Rockets right now and next year. They could use Thomas size and Salmons scoring and Brad Miller in the pick n roll with Brooks.

4. DrewP

DrewP Member

No kidding, that's why all this speculation is almost worthless. Until we see the actual draft picks available in these scenarios, judging the trades is impossible.

I wish I could get everyone to relax and let morey work his magic. Also I insist people stop posting threads indicating Jordan Hill sucks because he went 0 for 4 last night.

5. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Either way, I still like the Chicago deal way more, for the reasons mentioned in the OP. John Salmons is a solid SG who will be able to actually space the floor by making shots and Brad Miller is a fairly serviceable C who knows Adelman very well. Tyrus is icing on the cake, as his athleticism would enable better scoring opportunities on fast breaks or pick and rolls.

6. Seven

Seven Member

Picks aren't even comparable...Chicago won't be a lottery team for years to come like the Knicks.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

I want NY or Chicago's next 3 out of 5 first round draft picks for the deal.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree...

People are forgetting...if NYK completely fails here...depending on the protection...we could be getting a good pick/trading asset.

9. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Biggest problem with the Chi deal is that all the good players are expirers, and we'd have to re-sign them along with Lowry, etc...

Go for the Knick deal, and the future.

1 person likes this.
  10. Another Brother

Jordan Hill so far is a flop for a lottery pick, who's to say we would do any better in the draft. A bird in hand is better than two in the bush.

Bring it on Chicago.

11. Stone Cold Hakeem

Living in Chicago this year, my impression is that TT is a knucklehead but both Salmons and Miller are solid players. We would definitely still need to secure a solid #2 option but I would be happy to come away with the option of securing Miller and Salmons at bargain prices.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Member
    Supporting Member

Tyrus Thomas is a bigger flop, since he's been in the league for four years, is older than Hill and despite all that time hasn't really shown that he will ever be anything more than exactly what he was when he entered the league.

That's not even counting the fact that he's also going to cost a whole lot of money. Thomas is, IMO, a much bigger risk.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

exactly. if they get tmac, they'll get the max money to go after someone this offseason to pair with a rapidly improving drose since the first month of the season. they are going to be a perennial playoff team. the pick will be late first round (which is not a bad thing).

NY is offering us TWO picks potentially.

however, if morey and adelman really want to make the playoffs this year, i can see why they would choose the chicago deal, which is the only deal that gives us players that can help this year (miller/thomas/salmons).

the knicks deal gives us potential future players/tradable assets.

14. baller4life315

I'm hesitant to make a trade involving Chicago if Tyrus Thomas is the key piece involved. Unless he agrees to take a qualifying offer he'll be a free agent this summer which leaves us a whopping 3-4 months to evaluate whether or not he's worth bringing back. That's a tough decision to make given that we're facing the same predicament with Scola. I don't want to be forced to choose one or the other but that's likely the decision we'll have to make if things play out as expected.

15. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I believe the deals are only possible, but i believe it's better than just that.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Im almost certain Morey will pick the NY deal.

17. Screw_ston713

Screw_ston713 Member

If Knicks land 2 max contract players I doubt they will be a lottery team. If they do land Lebron and Bosh and re-sign Tracy, I don't see them being a lottery team. So what would those 2 1st round draft picks really be worth??

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly.

Ty isn't a bad player, but I really feel we've seen all he can do...and unfortunately...that is NOT creating his own shot. Why do we need ANOTHER guy that struggles to create his own shot?

I know I know...neither can Jordan Hill...but any one that averaged 18ppg on the college level, has some potential to be able to create their own shot in the NBA. If not, Hill was still believed to be able to finish around the rim and hit the mid range jumper...two things Tyrus does also.

19. hjg877

hjg877 Member

Take the Knicks deal (with draft picks) and just sign Brad Miller in the off season, if possible.

20. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Chicago will move Deng somewhere for McGrady. It only makes sence. Why would they only make a trade for McGrady using a big piece of what they rather hold onto to chase Wade/Bosh? If moving Salmons is their only concern, why would they not move Hinrich/Deng and just keep Miller/Thomas/Salmons?