1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Harden and Howard want Asik and Lin to stay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 13, 2013.

1. NICK3QB

NICK3QB Member

What do people expect Morey to say? Of course he's going to say that now so he has 2 happy motivated players just in case they are on the roster. Anyone who thinks Morey isn't working the phones right now is crazy IMO. This roster as constructed isn't a championship contender. Isn't the whole point of acquiring DH to get a ring? Getting to the second round is a failure so Morey's going to do something at some point this offseason to shake up the roster a little more. I don't think he has it in him to not tweak things and make moves.

2. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Lin is the anti-Royce.

#BeGrateful

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Morey has always been pretty careful, not only about how he words things, but when he says them. He probably already worked the phones enough to know nothing will happen in the immediate future, so he finally felt comfortable addressing the Lin/Asik question.

4. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

Mchale only plays 8 man Rotations tops.
    Meaning Lin/ Harden/ Parsons/ Sophmore PF/ Howard starting. Beverley Garcia Asik Bench.

Not saying this is the perfect Roster but it would be a waste to not roll the dice on Lin, Tjones, Dmo and Asik at least till the trade Deadline. You can bet if it doesn't work out by then Morey will find the deal. Can you imagine if we let go of Lin and he exploded elsewhere AGAIN?!

5. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Translation: Chandler doesn't want to play with Omer and jeremy :p

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Typical Morey move (not implying its a bad thing). Says Houston and its players want Lin and Asik here so their trade value goes up.

7. megadon

megadon Member

NOt surprised Harden said that. I'm surprised Dwight said that. Dwight is a good man, probably will get along with Lin or Asik. But But I think he wants a third legit superstar. Ala Miami

8. NICK3QB

NICK3QB Member

I don't know. I seem to be on the other side of the fence with Morey. I seem to remember him mentioning a couple of guys having a bright future here only to go on and move them. The thing I like about DM is he understands this is a business. He's always looking to make moves to improve the team so I seriously doubt teams won't be getting more calls to field interest.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lin and Asik will be gone (together or individually) if Morey gets value for them.

10. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

Asik Beverley Garcia - this is not a weak bench..these guys are solid

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Delete

#91 mikol13, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  12. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

He averaged 17-7 in April? If you're talking about game 1 of the playoffs the whole team was horrible and he got injured. I know with Morey anything is possible but if the Rockets are contending and fighting for a top seed I doubt he will deal his starting pg in February.

13. Gil

Gil Member

Lin is gone after the all star break.

His stock his at its lowest since Linsanity. We'll keep him here too boost his trade value and then ship him out once we get better offers.

Unless of course he improves his ball security, consistency and magically becomes a knockdown 3 point shooter.

14. Gil

Gil Member

Omer is a Top 5/6 center. We'll eventually get something alot better than Ryan freaking Anderson once someone gets desperate.

15. bmd

bmd Member

I think it would be wise to play this season out as is. That way, Morey can see where the team need to improve.

We don't know how good these guys will be together.

16. JMG524

JMG524 Member

Way to see James and Dwight stick up for their teammates. This is what leaders do. Wish some of these so called Rockets fans showed the same loyalty.

17. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

There is no reason DH wants 3rd legit superstar right now, they want to try to make it work first. Also another legit superstar means DH and Harden have to share the bright lights, so better if they don't need another one, otherwise could be too many egos

18. kumakun

kumakun Member

Can people stop talking about trade rumors of Lin and Asik its stupid its over no one is going to be traded, lets just start talking about Linups, offense,defense schemes and how to improve the team over the summer. No more dumb trade talks till the season.

19. bongman

bongman Member

If you play all NON starters at the same time, then I will agree with you. But we rarely did that. We always had one starter at any given time. Based on your post, I am assuming that Asik will not start. If you look at at 2nd unit lineup of:
    Beverly/Harden/Garcia/DMO or TJones/Asik
    or
    Beverley/Lin/Garcia/DMO or Tjones/Asik
    or
    Beverly/Garcia/Parsons/DMO or TJones/Asik

It might not look intimidating but lineup should be able to hold their own against any second unit in the NBA.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think we are on the same side of the fence. I'm not saying i believe Morey intends to keep Asik and Lin long term. I believe he means they are here to stay for now. No point in rushing anything. They can increase Lin's trade value and figure out how Dwight and Asik play together for the first half of the season.