1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Harden and Howard want Asik and Lin to stay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

hould add some mother ****er named rikki m wished McHale AND HARDEN AND WOULD GET AIDS SO LIN CAN RUN THE SHOW.This is the type of lunatics were dealing with. I pray Morey can find a team so these parasites can go and find another board.

2. langal

langal Contributing Member

Cross-site trolling?

I'm a Lin fan too. Most of us aren't that bad and do like the Rockets. Yeah we want Lin to excel and put up nice numbers but wins are the most important stat.

3. calmdowntime

calmdowntime Member

When he CHOSE not to resign with OKC, he knew what the alternative was. And he was happy to be here.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I saw the title/link sent by another lin fan on another site so I was curious to see it. Yaomania was a pretty good site with level headed fans so I decided to click on check it out. Boy I wish I hadn't.

5. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Is that poster named Solidz in that site? I have been lurking in there also. yea he is mad. Best not get drawn to stuff like that.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I think my favourite was the following

"No analyst can put a specific value on how much 3 pointers are more valuable than 2s"

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yeah he seems out there. Another poster named webattornety is another loony who thinks Morey and McHale are the anti-christ. You do find a few that are level headed and try to reason with them but for the most parts i'm quiet disturbed how badly they view the Rockets deep down.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Kuku I believe he will too. Dude handled his business this past season. But my thing is we didnt know that he was going to turn out that good. Some will say they did and I want to know how did they know when he only played limited minutes in Chi-Town.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Pimpn I never been to that site but I had a few words for a lot of them on the Houston Chronicle. Even a few on here was tripping on McHale and Harden.

10. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I'm not going to debate your hypothetical opinion. Because if that's what you think _ that's what you think. I can't say you're wrong in that regard. But Howard told the Rockets organization to kick rocks last year and don't even waste their time trading for him and Orlando respected his wishes.

And in my hypothetical opinion is if he would have been traded to Houston last year, he would have sat out the majority of the season so he could let his back heal. And we would be looking stupid right now because he would be gone. Morey might would have been able to work out a sign in trade deal but you never get the same value for a star player in return. Look at OKC _ they got practically nothing in return for Harden.

11. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

And Orlando ended up with a much better trade package than what Houston was offering. Fans around here thought we had the best parts to trade but Orlando probably thought that trade package wasn't worth it and obviously they were right and Sam Presti looks like a fool right now.

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

13. PeppermintCandy

Maybe you didn't visit the game thread last season after a Rockets win when 90% of the posts were about how well Lin did or, if he had a poor game, how he was underutilized by McHale. You sometimes had to look through pages of this to find a comment about any other player or even find out whether we had won or lost. Utterly depressing as a Rockets fan.

14. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Interestingly, it looks like Harden did the best when Lin was on the floor and worst when Asik is in. Am I interpreting it correctly?

Difference in efficiency per 100 possessions. Positive values correspond to the player in bold having performed better with the same 4-man units, and vice versa

James Harden SEASON 2013
    Offense Defense NET Poss
    Toney Douglas 5 -2 3 584.0
    Francisco Garcia 26 -23 3 404.0
    Jeremy Lin 9 -3 6 762.0
    Omer Asik -12 -26 -38 475.0
    Chandler Parsons -4 -10 -14 1216.0
    James Anderson 0 -5 -5 461.0
    Marcus Morris 3 2 5 664.0
    Carlos Delfino 0 -12 -12 1013.0

15. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

That is why we played a lot of small ball, it stretches the floor and open up the lane for Harden. Does this mean we need a stretch 5?

16. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

17. Oracle

Oracle Member

As a matter of fact Harden wanted a max deal with OKC. He probably did not think that he is less worthy in that team than the others that got a max deal. When OKC decided that they are not willing to pay him, they traded him. That was probably a shock for Harden. Harden did not come to the Rockets because he chose to do so (as a free agents etc). He was traded.

18. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Yea he did because he turned down the first contract they offered. And I tend to believe Harden believes he's just as good as Durant and Westbrook and deserved the big money contract like they got. And so far he is proving he is...

19. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

That's exactly what the other James down in south beach has.

I think I'll stick with Dwight though :cool:

20. mockster

mockster Member

I remember the news harden heard he was traded and was "shocked" he said I don't even think he knew he was going to be traded. It ends up better for him. He was under used and should of bern a starter with big minutes. Although even if he did become a starter he would never gain the experience he got on the rockets of "being the man". He got to play insane minutes and depended on carrying his team. in okc he wouldn't of got that type of experience. Ends up better for him in the end he got that experience and play time now he has another Allstar who can take the load off of harden. It works out perfect to because they play duffrent positions so they can both still play there game and help eachother out in okc Westbrook Durant and harden kind of have the same game in the aspect if taking the big clutch jumper or hitting 3s driving in dribble time and etc.