1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Harden and Howard want Asik and Lin to stay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 13, 2013.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I dont know, I think if the reported rumor of Harden for Beal would have been agreed upon by Washington, Harden would be in Washington and would have had no say in it.

I would think the only teams willing to trade for him were willing to give him the max so it came down to what package OKC liked best. Lucky for us it was Houston.

2. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

It really only boiled down to OKC trading Harden to Golden State or the Rockets because those were the only two teams willing to give Harden the 5 year max and had a trade package that OKC wanted. You're making out to be more complicated than what it actually is.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why would Harden leave a team that just went to the finals pimpn? To join up with Lin and Asik who hasnt even established themselves yet. Asik was a starter in Chitown and barely got minutes. Lin had brief showing in New York then got injured. Come on bruh you tripping for real.

LOL Harden joined because of Lin and Asik. hahah I done heard it all on this sports forum.

4. Gil

Gil Member

Maybe to start his own legacy here instead of riding Westbrook's and Durant's cottails and being the third wheel on the team?

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Meant to say Asik was a role player barely getting minutes.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Gil exactly and throw in a big fat contract.

7. joe101

joe101 Member

Don't twist my words. My original post basically was saying Harden saw the team of Lin, Parsons, Asik had potential. The other poster completely dismissed the Lin, Parsons, Asik factor which I disagreed. Linsanity meant something back then, and they wouldn't have given Asik 8M+ if he couldn't ball. You sound like he's a scrub.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No he is not a scrub but he didnt show anybody anything in Chi-town. Asik this season played like a monster. And he lived up to that contract. I am glade Morey knows how to spot out the diamond in the rough type players.

Parson didnt real do anything special but play solid defense. His shot was very flat pimpn, but dude work his tail off over the offseason and whaala much improve freethrow shooter and jump shooter.

Asik is no Ibeka, Lin is no Westbrook and Parson is no Durant.

It was the fat contract that sold the deal, along with Harden being the main focal point to the Rockets Organization.

9. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

You said that to me.

I'm not calling ANY of them scrubs. Not at all. And you could be right about the Linsanity meaning something to Harden. I don't argue that. I'm saying Harden was traded here. He wasn't in a free agent situation... He was in a beggars can't be choosers situation. He's not like Howard and LeBron because they can afford to pass up on a 5 year contract because they're on their third contracts, Harden is just coming off his rookie deal and not many teams was willing to give a player coming off the bench that much money.

I'm saying if Linsanity would have really meant something to Howard, he would have been here last year. If having McHale as a coach really meant something he would have been here last year. And Dream will work with you regardless of who you are for 50 G's a session. He always has players lined up waiting for him to fly in. This is a star driving league and more times than not you need at least two to win a championship. Kobe found that out when he ran off Shaq, LeBron found it out after being by himself in Cleveland, and Howard is paying attention. There are not many star NBA players in the league and they are hard to get... Good solid role players come a dime a dozen. Cleveland got Jarrett Jack for 4 years 25 million.

Harden may really want Lin to stay. He does share the ball with him and they all seem to be real close. but I don't think Howard really cares and he's just being diplomatic.

10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

You do know that Harden didn't hand pick us?

11. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Wow, who cares what the reasons were of why Harden signed with us? The fact is that he did and now so did Dwight and they both seem happy here. Does it really matter why? Nothing will change.

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

He didn't show anybody anything in chitown? Please stop generalizing. A large part of our board was ecstatic when we signed him. Just because YOU saw nothing doesn't mean nobody did.

13. joe101

joe101 Member

With the cast they put together in LA last year, it was a no brainer for Dwight, even if Harden was here before he signed with LA, he would have still gone to LA. We all know DH isn't fond of playing with Kobe and for D'antoni so LA didn't have much of a chance keeping him. Houston would still have been a good landing spot for DH, with or without Harden. If Harden weren't here, it would be some other tier 1 player(s) Morey would have to bring in to make it work. And if the Rox hadn't performed beyond expectation and showed that they weren't far from competing with the best, DH might have been a Maverick now.

Here's what I think, by mid season, Dwight would want to play with Lin. Lin should do well, at least on shooting the ball, now that the pressure is off.

14. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

Do you guys expect Dwight to say I dont want Lin and Asik? As of now yeah he wants them, but I think he would rather someone like LMA

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Ok then, please explain to me exactly what you seen in the limited minutes Asik played in Chi-Town. I know a lot of experts, GM's, ex nba players and sports analysis didnt expect Asik to play like he did last season. And joker I was excited too, we final got a true center after a long time without having one.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

This is what Morey said on the Rome show:

We tried to trade for him twice. After we were allowed to talk to Dwight, he revealed to us that Orlando had told him he was going to be traded to us if he didn't extend there.

Howard also said he didnt want to go to the Lakers as well. But Orlando and the Rockets couldn't come up with a deal. I remember the rumors at that time. So he was sent to the Lakers.

17. joe101

joe101 Member

LMA is a stud but will cost more than just Asik, may be throw in Lin to fit LMA under the cap. We have young and cheap assets in TJ or Dmo, by natural progression, they should improve. From all indication the Rox are set for now and will see how they play together. I expect Asik to be the first to go tho, mainy because he wants out.

18. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Defensive RAPM 2011-2012

Dwight Howard +7.4
    Tim Duncan +5.6
    Chris Andersen +4.9
    Tyson Chandler +4.8
    Omer Asik +4.7
    Kevin Garnett +4.6
    Marc Gasol +4.6

Fifth best defensive center in NBA. For a second year player, that was a huge sign that he will become the top center in forseeable future. You don't usually find a second year second center who played at his level.

19. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Harden knows that Lin is a baller, you can see that over the course of the season that Harden entrusted Lin with critical possessions like no other player on the roster.

Dwight knows how good Asik is, even if he called him out for his "b**** ass moves" when he flopped against him in the post in a 2010-2011 Orlando vs Bulls regular season game. Dwight wants to be able to rest over the course of the regular season and have a true big man anchoring the defense when he's sitting.

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

The bottom line is, if we want a third star, Asik and Lins contracts are going have to be moved. It's not personal. Infact lin fans should be ecstatic if he gets traded. He'll go to a team that isn't "trying to slow linsanity down" . I had a look at www.jeremylin.net/ and have never come across a bunch of low life foul mouthed ungratefull people ever. They hate our city and our franchise for ruining lin's so called stardom.