1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FEIGEN] "Good shot" Rockets could trade guard Barry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CrazyJoeDavola, Aug 31, 2009.

1. cavevato

cavevato Member

RV6 and Rockets9495 hit the nail on the head IMO. If the Rockets kept him on the roster I wouldnt be mad. The guy understands the game and apparently he can teach it pretty good too.

2. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Although Barry played more Prime Time, Barry and Cook both played the same amount of minutes (30+ total) in the playoffs.

Excluding Cook, Barry 1 TO/8.8 Min did have the highest turnover ratio per minutes played and our Beloved Hayes (who needs to improve on his offensive game & FT's) with the lowest @ 1 TO/42.9 Min.

However, during the Reg season, Yao had the highest TO per minutes played @ 1 TO/11.05 min, then Lowry @ 1 TO/14.3 min, Pops @ 1 TO/15 min, Brooks & Deke 1 TO/16 min, TMAC @ 1 TO/17.11 min, Artest @ 1 TO/17.49 min, and finally Barry @ 1 TO/17.79 min (which is slightly above the team reg season average of 1 TO/17.13 min) while Batman had the lowest TO per minutes played @ 1 TO/ 41.34 Min.

*Cook and White excluded from this analysis also.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/stats/2008/index.html

#122 djperm, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  3. Rokman

Rokman Member

I would like to see Morey go back after Stoudemire. I think with the financial situation that Phoenix is in, they are hard pressed to clear money off of the books and it is very unlikely that Stoudemire re-ups with them after his contract ends. I think the Rockets have all of the pieces to make a deal happen. I think there is a small chance this could happen with Carl Landry's ability to veto any trade expiring near the end of this month.

The trade I am about to show would save the Rockets a couple of million this year but would shoot them up to about $76 millon next year before resigning Scola and anyone else.

The positive is that it makes the Rockets VERY deep and balanced, and puts them in Title contention this year and subsequently every year after. The Rockets trim the roster down to 15 players, and there are no scrub players or bad contracts left! And yes, the trade does involve Barry.

Houston Trades:

- Tracy McGrady - $23,239,561 (EXPIRING)
    - Carl Landry - $3,000,000 (1 Year Remaining at $3,000,000)
    - Brent Barry - $2,062,800 (EXPIRING)
    - Brian Cook - $3,500,000 (EXPIRING)

Phoenix Trades:

- Amare Stoudemire - $16,378,325 (1 Year Remaining at $17,686,100)
    - Jason Richardson - $13,333,333 (1 Year Remaining at $14,444,444)

Phoenix clearly saves a ton of money next year and set themselves up to rebuild this offseason with ample amounts of money to spend. This trade alone clears off $29,130,544 from their salary for the following year. I think Robert Sarver could be happy with that!

Houston Rockets 2009 - 2010 Roster:

_________________1st Unit_____________2nd Unit____________3rd Unit_____________Backups
    .....Point Guards - Aaron Brooks...............Kyle Lowry
    Shooting Guards - Jason Richardson.........Chase Budinger..........Jermaine Taylor
    .Small Forwards - Trevor Ariza.................Shane Battier............James White
    .Power Forwards - Amare Stoudemire........Luis Scola.................Pops Mensah-Bonsu........Chuck Hayes
    ...........Centers. - Yao Ming....................David Andersen..........Joey Dorsey

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

If that happened, Amare would clearly be center until Yao returned; that would be a contending team. I would love to see what that group could do. Don't hold your breath though, such a trade is unlikely.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Barry played decent the middle of the season after he got back from his injury. Then his play declined cuz he wasnt getting consistent minutes after being moved out the rotation, or cuz the age just caught up to him.

A crickety stiff reluctant to shoot Brent Barry might still can offer more to the team than James White. But the original intended purpose for having him on the team isnt there now.

6. amaru

amaru Member

My biggest worry in that trade would be the healt of Amar'e's eye.