1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] D'Antoni emerges as front-runner for Rockets job

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 18, 2016.

?

Would you agree with the decision to hire Mike D'Antoni as head coach?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2016.
  1. YES

12.3%
  2. NO

87.7%
  1. JoeBarelyCares

Kind of funny that the national guys (Woj, Stein) always seem to have the hometown scoop ahead of Feigen.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

I am all in. I AM ALL IN!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No Idea? Then tell me how i'm wrong?

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Les knows nothing he just inherited a already built 94 and 95 championship team. This idiot is all about entertainment and filling up the seats.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Ron Adams appears very happy at Golden State. He doesn't seem to have interest in a head coaching position... I think he lives in the Bay Area (in the past he coached Fresno State and I think he is from the Fresno area).

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Great, I can brush up on my Italian at the games:

"Stronzo! Stronzo vestito dell'uomo! Non voglio credere che Les ti abbia scelto! Che cazzo fai?!"

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol, i know dude, i was sarcastic ;)

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

This smells of teams hiring Paul Westhead, the "offensive guru" of years past.

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

10. Rx1991

Rx1991 Member

Hope dwight opps in

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is brother Dan (HC at Marshall) coming along? :rolleyes:

Denver Nuggets
    Phoenix Suns
    New York Knicks
    Los Angeles Lakers

12. saleem

saleem Member

No one is going to respect or listen to a defensive minded assistant with a head coach who does not care about defense in the first place.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Relevant for D'Antoni...

Kerr on why he thought he wasn't a very good GM:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15582741/steve-kerr-qa-coaching-appreciating-moment

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

My thoughts exactly. Les said years ago that the move to get an offensive minded coach (Adelman) was with the FANS in mind to create a product that was more fun to watch.

This fact of what is going on now (DAntoni even being a serious candidate) just shows that Les is finally out of touch completely with what he thinks the fans want, or care about, and he is becoming (if he's not already) the primary problem with the Rockets.

I think Les has been a better than average owner since he's owned the team although he's far from perfect, but it might be the combination of age, lack of staying up to date with the modern NBA, etc. among other things that are showing with age as an owner.

If this does happen then I have to say as one of the most loyal supporters of Les, Morey, & the Rockets, I'll likely have very little interest in watching THIS TEAM coaching by Mike D'Antoni. There is just too much evidence that suggests that it will be more of the same as last season. Same offense for the most part, same crappy defense, and same unlikeable personality of team.

There are far worse run franchises in sports, but have we ever seen a franchise "brand" in sports decline so quickly? In one year I can't remember too many instances this bad. Maybe the Pacers/Pistons after the brawl?

The crazy thing is the JVG hire would have been so popular that it would have immediately gave a boost and rejuvenation to the franchise publicly. It would have signified that we aren't happy with the past 12 months, and we are serious about changing. With the potential D'Antoni hire what we are telling the world is that not only are we denying that we were not wrong, but we are doubling down that we were right, and YOU PEOPLE are just picking on us. We are secretly great, and never better. I said it before the season ended that "We learned alot about our superstar, and our team this year". But if our ownership & management learned nothing than we are all F-ed.

So yes... the joke is on us. What a sad sad 12 months to be a Houston Rockets fan.

1 person likes this.
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

**** off Les. Why are you doing this to me?

17. izeroi

izeroi Member

What terrible news

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

20. malakas

malakas Member

Now that we are down to the final round how long can we expect to be till the final decision? One week?

Also if D'antoni is the coach, do you think that he will want to sign Lin?