1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] D'Antoni emerges as front-runner for Rockets job

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 18, 2016.

?

Would you agree with the decision to hire Mike D'Antoni as head coach?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2016.
  1. YES

12.3%
  2. NO

87.7%
  1. MistaK

MistaK Member

You do know that it is more likely that Les does the hiring right?

I know people on here are always quick to call BS when it comes to Stein, but he said, DM was for JVG and that Les wanted another interview with D'Antoni.

Then Clutch, who would clearly know, came out to say that he wasn't sure just yet whether to believe the Stein report, but that Les for sometime already has liked D'Antoni as a coach.

Now Feigen has reported that D'Antoni is a front runner and all media info that comes out from the GM side is 'defense needs to get better'

...so yeah, if D'Antoni is hired as HC, it probably wasn't Morey's first choice.

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I'm scared to go to sleep in fear that when I wake up it will be official....

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I really can't stand Les anymore.

4. kevtse

kevtse Member

boo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

If they hire this guy I will lose my ****... This is utter crap and I try not to get to worked up.

6. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

If the Rocks hire perpetual train wreck D'Antoni as HC I will just throw in the towel. I can't believe this guy is even being seriously considered.

7. Charles Barkley

Alot of people are idiots with regards to this poll. D'Antoni is one of the only candidates who can run an offense that will work in 2016. JVG got exposed big time and that was 10 years ago!!!

It's also a farce that D'Antoni teams never played good defense. His teams gave up a lot of PPG because of the pace that they played. But when he was at PHX his teams were among the top 10 in most team defensive catagories. Even Phil Jackson said that he was a coach of the future of the NBA.

Look at Golden St. they give up over 100ppg but that is mostly because of pace, not an actual reflection of what their defense is doing.

The style of game of today favors coaches like D'Antoni more than it does coaches like JVG or Vogel. Yet, 87% of people who voted on this poll are clueless of that.

#448 Charles Barkley, May 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

JVG thought JB Bickerstaff was a great coach so what's your point?

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Seriously?

JVG, and basically all commentators said nice things about JBB this season because of who his dad is, because they've known him since he was a kid. They root for him, they want him to be a successful coach.

JVG saying JBB is a great coach is him obviously talking out his ass, most likely the only games JVG watched of the Rockets this year is the ones he was commentating on.

On the other hand, a HOF player who played under Pringles for like a decade, saying he's an amazing coach who changed the NBA, is an entirely different thing.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Half a decade*^

11. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I'm interested to see who his coaches will be.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'm sure it'll be a "top notch" staff just as McHale had. ;)

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

The MDA hiring would be semi-forgivable if we change the vomit-inducing space suite uniforms. But of course... Le$.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

LZ: 1
    Clanton: 0

Clanton reads ClutchFans for information confirmed. :p

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This is totally B.S.

Howard + Ariza + Bev + KJ + Smith = defense sucks

You know why the defense still sucks? They have no defense scheme at all.

Even a bunch of old players in Spurs can play solid defense!!!!

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Very well said. Repped

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

WTF? This is literally like gold turning into lead. D'Antoni? Are you freaking kidding me? First of all D'Antoni's system is BS, the only reason it worked before was due to Steve Nash and the PHX Suns being extremely loaded with talent. Once he didn't have Nash his "system" fell apart and everyone can see he wasn't a good coach.

If Les doesn't like JVG, then fine. Get Vogel or another coach with a proven X-and-O resume please, don't get Mr. Pringles. :(

18. hakeemthagreat

True. But now that I think about it, Harden can do that same things Nash did. Their games are similiar. Harden likes his pick & rolls, like to get in the paint & create just like Steve Nash did. The only difference is the basketball IQ. But if MDA can make Harden buy in, and Morey go get some shooters, I can see us being similar to Phoenix in a sense. I'd rather us try MDA then go out & rehire JVG just because Rocket fans miss his humor. JVG is a terrible offensive coach and he doesn't play young guys. I can see why we'd look at MDA

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

D'Antoni is a good offensive coach, he proved this also in his past months with the Sixers.

The problem is that we need defense and leadership from the bench so, to me it seems a 1-2 situation against us...i don't think there's a chance to steal Ron Adams from the Warriors, he would be absolutely perfect next to D'Antoni but...

20. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Wow, not the retread coach that plays all offense and no D. So unless Morey is about to overhaul this team and get some serious scoring. We are being set back at least 3 - 5 years.

This guy can't be the best coach out there for us???