1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Feigen) - Canaan and Rockets have mutual interest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Jul 11, 2016.

1. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

LLULLZ. I don't know what kind of voodoo logic that guy uses. But he's been on my ignore list for over a year now, and rightfully so.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Canaan was looking pretty damn good when the Rockets were forced to play him in 14/15 season before he rolled his ankle.

For what ever reason McHale never seemed to trust him and never really gave a real shot after that from what I can remember.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I. Thomas? :eek::eek:

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Remember when y'all were claiming he was a draft steal now he's hoping he's not out of the league 3 years later

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Canaan sucks. Pass.

6. basketballholic

All true. McHale didn't like how Canaan responded to his call for Canaan to play D. Morey moved Canaan as a favor to McHale in a failed attempt to get the team to be accountable defensively. Canaan was the fall guy.

7. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Exactly, he was ballin Outta control until Dirty b**** chris Paul injuried him.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

One thing I've always hated about your posts is how you state your guesses as if they were facts. Like this one, for instance.
    <BR>

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What do you mean? He's an insider.

1 person likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

A couple of comments from this thread:

And just for fun, here's an unrelated gem:

1 person likes this.
  11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

12. basketballholic

I still believe every very one of those things. Including DMO being a better offensive player than Cousins.

13. basketballholic

This is not a guess. Straight from McHales mouth. All of it.

14. mightybosstone

At some point, potential and intangibes have to equate to production. That seems to be the disconnect where you and I differ. Canaan may have a quick release and be a versatile shooter, but that hasn't equated to actual production. He's been an average shooter at best in the NBA. I don't want guys who've shown flashes that they might be able to do something. I want the guys who I know can actually contribute right now.

15. basketballholic

Can't argue with equating to actual production.

What I will say is if we sign him to a guaranteed deal he will show you what he can do in the right system that fits him with the kind of coach that will foster his offensive talents. He will succeed under MDA.

16. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Canaan doesn't move the needle at all. Although, neither do the alternatives that we've heard of from the Morey camp. Hopefully, GP2 or Taylor can step up, but I doubt they will be any better than Canaan. Worried about this teams lack of commitment to defense, but what else is to be expected from a team with MDA as the coach.

Regardless, I still think we improve this season. 5th or 6th seed, depending on health. If Harden returns to MVP form, like I believe he will, maybe we even sneak in the top 4.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This. He couldn't even stick in Philly's rotation, which says a lot.

18. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I will say this though. That month that Canaan was balling before he got hurt against the Clips was really promising. If he can play like that, I have no problem with him returning to the backup PG role. If we're not gonna play defense, might as well get players who can score.

19. basketballholic

Our commitment to defense has to come at the 1 and 5 I believe. We need ace defenders at both those spots to be championship quality.

20. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Maybe he'll be better as a bench player, hidden behind Harden, Gordon, Beasley?