1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: After landing Lin, Rockets owner Alexander hopes for one more marquee move

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 18, 2012.

1. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...ner-alexander-hopes-for-one-more-marquee-move

1 person likes this.
  2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I love the Lin signing but... if he thinks one more marquee move is enough to be a serious team then he has lost his mind.
    EDIT: Never mind didn't finish the article. I understand what he's saying.

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I like this news. It means he isn't going to force a Dwight rental or force Morey to deal the TOR pick for an Iggy type player that would just keep us swimming in mediocrity. I like that he's ok with going forward with the young guns. This is good to hear, hope it isn't just talk.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Leverage.

1 person likes this.
  5. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

He didn't say that though.

In fact, he said that he doesn't consider making a big move as important as before having seen our young guys. That's good, because he won't push Morey to give up more than Morey might be willing to himself.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Huh? A lineup of Lin, Lee, Parsons, Motiejunas and Howard can absolutely make some major noise in the West.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I think Les is going senile.

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

CNN will be covering the press conference? I thought ESPN broadcasting it was a little over the top, but damn.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lin, Asik and a new video (score?) board--then that's a wrap, call it an offseason. :p

Sorry Orlando!

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

So if Dragic had accepted the Rockets' offer. They would've used all their cap space on two PGs?

[​IMG]

11. RedRedemption

I don't think we're going to have a good lineup now that Orlando seems to be upping the price for Howard. To be honest I'd rather the Rockets go conservative here and forget about Howard.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Upping the price? Have you seen the rumored Cleveland deal? It's garbage. If anything, the price is going down with every day that passes. I feel fairly confident that a deal of Martin, Lamb, Toronto pick and fillers will ultimately get this done for either Howard or Bynum (slightly less for Bynum).

If you want them to develop youth because you think Howard will leave, that's one thing. But don't deny that this is a serious team with Howard, because it absolutely would be.

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

In other words, "screw you Hennigan"

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Would we really trade both Lamb AND Martin? That'd put us in the same situation when we had no PG. We could try to bring back Lee but that's no guarantee.

15. RedRedemption

The fact that Orlando is ignoring us and dealing with a crappier set of assets is because they want to up the price for Howard and force Morey to cave.

I like Dwight and being an instant contender would be nice... but the OKC Thunder, a small market like us, didn't get to where they are now by selling on their young players early.

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

they routinely do this for press conferences.

17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I dont think this team will need more than 1 marquee move. If we can make that 1 SPLASH move, whether it be Dwight or Bynum, Morey has proven to be able to find "diamond in the rough" players to surround his stars.

If reports are true about Chicago not matching Asik's contract, we still have space to take on Dwight or Bynum, and still have bird rights to bring back Courtney Lee (if i'm not mistaken).

I think this roster is far from being complete. But I do agree with you...it wont be a contender, but it'll definitely be a team to fear that can easily finish in the top 4.

18. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

It looks like what ever offer the Magic are currently getting from us, will be the best and final offer they will be getting from us.

Looks like Alexander isn't that much in a hurry to make a major trade with the Magic.

19. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Orlando is making all the noise hoping that it will make Rockets improve the current offer. Les now says he like the current roster. If Magic doesn't like what is offered, he simply will walk away.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Maybe not next year, but take a year for these young guys to develop, and then in 2 or 3 years they could then be a very, very good team. Much of their success relies on having a top 10 big man though. Donatas....???? They better do everything they can to develop this kid. Skilled 7 footers just don't come along every day.

I know other guys like White, and Lamb are stealing the show in Summer league, but Donatas will end up being the most important piece to the puzzle if they wish to really grow with these young guys, and not trade them for an established talent. I think the Asik signing will be just what the doctor ordered to put all the pieces together. You really need that defensive anchor with a team this young.

As for Les. Im glad to see he has a positive attitude about going young and trusting Morey to build the team this way with or without Dwight. Still, its Summer league. Lets wait until February to start judging the success of these young players going forward.