1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigan: L.James trying to steal Ariza, Morey working on having the MLE & eat it, too

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 6, 2009.

1. vince

vince Member

Wow, everyone wants Ariza.

Teams are recruiting him so heavily. Sweet.....

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LMAO!

It's just funny how these stars who have threatened that their front office do the work necessary and get the help needed or else they will leave, it's just funny how this is back firing on them.

LOL at Wade reminding his team of his threats recently...yeah that will sure help them get the help. I'm glad Yao has never done this.

I hope to see Ariza commit to his loyalty on Wednesday.

3. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

In two days, the truth will be told. Let us try not to speculate too much and hope for the best. Morey is on top of the situation and probably has back up plans.

4. tming

tming Member

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

..so true. Didn't Lebron once say he wants to be the first billionaire athlete? That's a hell of a lot easier to do in New York than Cleveland.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Anybody else curious to see how the hell this is possible? I mean, I like Ariza and all but featuring him offensively? :eek:

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

so your saying we have a chance next season to have anywhere from the best record in the league to the worst... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

:D

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

By running. I'm guessing the 2010 team will run run run, and if we get a big man he will be able to run the court also.

Ariza is a great player in transition, offensively and defense. He lives by it and so do a lot of our young players and without the slow anchor that is Yao, they can do it natutally.

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

I didn't think it stuck out. Who's going to dominate the ball when we roll out a lineup of Scola/Hayes(or some scrub FA center)/Ariza/Battier/Brooks? On this team it's easy for Ariza to play a major role on the offense.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I doubt Ariza is gonna average 25 ppg. Probably more like 16, 17 (hopefully efficient) PPG, which isn't much if he plays enough minutes. Ariza has some offensive skills... and a good cutter/finisher can thrive in Adelman's old SAC system. Should be plenty of shots to go around now that Ron is gone and Yao is injured.

By the way, is this post-verbal commitment recuritng normal practice? I don't recall it being done to this degree. I think basketball gods frown on such things.

I'd be kind of pissed if I were Daryl Morey or Les Alexander. I would be extra motivated to keep the MLE while signing Ariz, just so I can use the money to steal players Cleveland wants.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm all for this but I have a feeling this would hinder our chances even more of throwing max money at Wade or Bosh next season. Patience is a virtue. This season might be a lost cause any ways.

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Pretty much. Ariza hasn't demonstrated much of an ability to create his own offense. Sure, he's one of the better transition players in the game but the Rockets aren't exactly known for their ability to get transition buckets. Maybe that will change now with Yao out of the picture?

13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If we are going to play fast we might be able to get away with playing guys like Dorsey and Hayes at center.

14. Rockets_blood

Rockets_blood Member

IN MOREY I TRUST

[​IMG]

:D

1 person likes this.
  15. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but is Daryl more practical in finding players for the team than the previous GM? To me it seems that way, but I just wanted to see what others thought.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ lmao, that is awesome!!!

17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

To me the bigger issue here is the Ariza situation exposes a major flaw in the free agency process. The NBA needs to align the date free agency begins with the ability to sign a free agent contract. Then you don't have the problem of teams trying to get guys to back out of verbal agreements.

Either let players sign deals on July 1st, or don't start the negotiations until July 8th.

18. Rockets_blood

Rockets_blood Member

[​IMG]

Tmac old jersey in Orlando....interesting...

...random i know.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

First off, there is no way the Lakers would agree to a SnT when they can already get Ron Artest (supposedly, the better player) for less money. Outside of Artest and Odom, they really don't need to sign anybody else... so, unless they wanted to do the Rockets a favor (which is pretty unlikely), then I don't see them doing a SnT.

As far as this whole situation goes, I'm still worried that Ariza might back out. Wednesday needs to hurry up and get here because if we lose him and are forced to really scrape the bottom of the barrel for a free agent... then this season is going to be even worse than I thought.

20. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but if he doesn't believe LeBron will be back after next season, which means the Cavs wouldn't be contenders anymore, why would he come play here? Especially if they are offering more money? There's no guarantee that we'll get a star to sign here from the free agent class next year. Morey must have let him in on his big plans and we're just gonna have to be patient to find out :)