1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigan: L.James trying to steal Ariza, Morey working on having the MLE & eat it, too

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 6, 2009.

1. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

hmm maybe 2010 he'll come play with Ariza.

2. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

What a steal if Morey can somehow get the MLE and Ariza. It will give him some flexibility in retooling this team for this season. Go Morey.

3. ebu

ebu Member

Ric Bucher twitter just now

Prob nothing but: couple sources say Ariza is wavering on commitment to Rockets. Hou says it's not true. Ariza's agent not returning calls.

whats is going on???

4. Egghead

Egghead Member

oh no, screw Twitter!

5. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

6. drewpy

drewpy Member

other than a s&t with the lakers, the other options could include convincing another team to sign trevor and then trade, maybe as part of a package.
    true or false?

7. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

What's the point of getting the MLE if we're not gonna use it. Can somebody fill me in?

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

DD rejoices.

9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

In an effort to continue the offseason of lies (well just Hedo), it would be funny if the Rockets sign and trade Artest but don't do the trade part

On a serious note, if Ariza backs out, he's a bold face liar. He gave his word not only to the organization, but also publicly stated he's going to Houston.

If the Rockets sign and trade for Ariza, who do they target with the MLE?

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Actually if we can get him in a S&T I am ok with that.

DD

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

youv'e got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this cant be.....i seriously hate twitter now.... :mad: (its time to kill twitter.....jk :D )
    [​IMG]

12. Mack Tripper

Mack Tripper Member

DD falls in a faint.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

14. yaofan07

yaofan07 Member

As I said earlier in this thread. Most likely part of the MLE will be used to sign our 2nd round rookies to multi-year contracts as we have done in the past.

15. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Anything can happen until He officially signs. :( If He does change his mind, I hope Morey is already working on his other plans.

16. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Unrestricted? If we can sign him to the MLE, this offseason is not lost. Many opportunities open up via trade if Odom signed here

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

good question...not a lot left that we can afford. Millsap & Lee are the two biggest names left but neither really fit with us nor can we afford them. They might be scraping the bottom of the barrel without Ariza. Probably would make a run at ZaZa if we could get him cheap enough and if AI accepts a 2 year deal with a team option on the 2nd year, I know the Rockets would do that...but of course AI is probably looking at 3 or 4 year deal with a player option for 3-5 mil/per. It would be funny if Houston replaced Wafer with Iverson - at less money than Wafer no doubt wants.

18. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Wow, I really doubt Ariza would back out of his agreement with the Rockets, (look up Boozer/Cleveland). Hedo seemed to do it to Portland to a lesser extent. I think a sign and trade would be the best for both sides. It now appears, that Les is tighting up his pocket book probably due to lack of confidence in his own team (Denver/WWE, lol). I'm really more interested in the trade involving the center with a 1yr deal. Who fits this stipulation???

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

If that were true the Lakers would have traded him for something of value already.

20. 1individual

1individual Member

If Odom leaves LA, the Lakers are gonna be so upset. Just take a peek at their discussions. No Odom, their offseason was a "failure". Portland, Cleveland, and maybe we could steal him.