1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feels Good to Feel Good Again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PigMiller, Mar 2, 2011.

Tags:
  1. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

We all know it's been a long and frustrating season, but man does it feel good to finally have something positive going (even if it's just a little bit) again. Addition by subtraction very much seems to be the case, and in 3 games since the trade deadline we've seen players we knew just needed a shot, finally get it and deliver.

Obviously it's still a longshot to make the playoffs, but I'll certainly take what excitement I can get after the season we've endured, even if we still end up out of the playoff pack.

We're back from the brink of apathy...let's keep the mojo going!

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I feel you brotha!

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

And he feels good!

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm pretty surprised that the defense seems to be functioning better without Shane, but man is it fun to see. Just the tiniest bit of light this season. This season is kind of like winter in Oregon or something. You get a little sun break and it's party time.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I agree. We all know that getting 8th seeds is not the main objective, but you've got to take solace in the fact that at a time when things seemed pretty meek, we were able to climb out of a little irrelevancy and bring back some purpose to the season. I think making the playoffs will energize both the team and the fans, and it'll give this team a sense of direction heading forward. I understand the "tank" mentality, and why it would benefit the team long-term, but I just think that a playoff series would do a lot of good for guys like Lowry, Lee, Hayes, Martin, and Scola. These are guys who have busted their humps this season, and it would be nice to see them get rewarded with some of the national spotlight.

6. verse

verse Contributing Member

Had Morey not moved Battier and Brooks, this would not be happening. There is no way Adelman would've given up his comforts.

7. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Let's keep it going. Kinda funny, we're going to have to prove that we belong in a series with the Spurs by playing them a couple of times down the stretch.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's 3 games. We need more than this to really feel good and feel like there's something here. If they start losing again, are we really going to remember these 3 games at the end of the season?

I'm hoping for something more significant. Let's go 10-2, 12-2. Something like that. We have to be damn near perfect to get back in this thing and have control over it.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

RV6 says it perfectly. It is the best stretch of the year that we have had, but we need to stay hot for another 5-6 games. If we can go 4 of our next 5, we can start seriously looking at a playoff run.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jfoxsfhi-kk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jfoxsfhi-kk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

1 person likes this.
  11. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Obviously...

And I'm not taking anything out of context. There's a long way to go...but I second what B-Bob said.

12. brosef

brosef Member

roger that.

13. Steveng12

Steveng12 Member

If y'all look at the suns and grizzlies schedules..and then take a look the at the rockets I say there is no reason why we should miss the playoffs unless the rockets slip up on sum games against the below 500 teams

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Agreed and with Brooks and Battier gone guys seem to have their roles defined more clearly and are thus playing with more confidence. Lowry is clearly the starter and no longer has to share the court with the miniature chucker (and let's be real, he was setting Brooks up for the only good shots Brooks got) and Chase is getting the minutes to get comfortable and establish his identity as a player. Martin is now the clear first option at all times and is making good on it. Not to harp on Brooks again but he screwed the offense with the coaching staff and the players going out of their way to get him off so he could be the little engine that could from last season...but the whole thing was fool's gold (can never thank DD enough for that thread). Let's not forget about Dragic who is a joy to watch with his relentless attacks on the basket and his effort on defense. He is good enough to be the backup on most NBA teams (and maybe start on a few).

The roles are clearly defined now and that is a good first step. If this team goes 42-40 (last year's record) while trading away supposedly crucial veterans in exchange for a brighter future then you can't do anything but tip your hat to Morey.

15. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

I'm sure the players feel good too, having some certainty that they will be in a Rockets jersey till the end of the season.