1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fearing the future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Don’t fright my friend we just need to find and or develop a young player to take over after James and Russ.

Similar to kawhi with the spurs...you had Duncan and Parker and ginobli but kawhi was the young star.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is interesting.

Folks would say Harden outlasts Morey.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They make the Finals this year if three of those guys or 1 star in those LA teams get injured. Favorably Kawhi.

LBJ, AD, KL, PG13.

And I love watching and following the Draft.

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Wanted to start a thread but couldn’t figure out how.

IF we lose game 7 I think our time with Morey has run its course. Sad to say.

I consider Morey one of the best GMs in the NBA and one of the brightest minds. From trade to trade to roster over hauls to star FA acquisitions from finding diamonds in the rough (pat bev) Lowry on and on.

This man has tried to move heaven and earth to win us a championship. If we happen to let him go he can walk out knowing he gave it his all. And will find another team by the next day. From Sam Hinkie to gersson rosas and etc Morey has really changed the league.

BUT IF we lose it will be time to part ways...He’s been with this franchise since 2007 and traded for Harden in 2012. And he’s tried and exhausted every avenue to bring a championship to Houston but it just hasn’t happened. I can see Morey and MDA being shown the door.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

if we were to rebuild, my friend, I don’t like you mindset that you don’t want to suffer for the next 10 years. Embrace the suckness. Rebuilding is more about luck than science. Teams like the Suns have been rebuilding for more than 10 years. Enter the Kings. People are throwing around rebuilding like next year we will be back on track and 3 years later we will back into contending. Not likely.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

This.
    Let’s just not throwing rebuilding around. Very rare has a team can come out of rebuilding mode quickly. The Lakers, as lucky as they were, didn’t win a playoff series since 2012 until this year. The clippers absolutely lucked out because PG and Kawhaii wanted to come home. If we were to tear this down, there is nothing given after that. It is going to be a dark age. I don’t look forward to it and don’t understand people that think that’s something to look forward to.

Patience likes this.
  7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Well at least we have some FRPs

Oh wait

Little Bit and YOLO like this.
  8. fattz

fattz Member

The only way to stay positive is by moving Harden but it needs to be at the right time. If we hold on to long he will fade so we would not get the return on him. If we trade to soon then all the time leading up to now is in vain. Westbrook was an opportunity overpay and will set us back for years. The real reason we are at this crossroads is using up all assets even the smallest ones to make players that were overpaid by our GM go away. Anderson took years to come off the books even after he was traded because of his return in trade cost us to manage. All assets have been used to get to this point. Any developing players are cut or traded. Where ever we go —> here we are.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol so we shall live forever with old players and less talented players.

Morey will surely trade for the next Harden in 10 years.

Course it is a crapshoot because Morey never picked in the Top 3.

The Thunder got all 3 of their MVPs in the Draft, keeping them is another story.

The Draft isn't a guarantee but it sure is the best invention, it allows bad teams to start anew.

You have to be good at picking and have the mental blue print in your mind, the idea of which positions you fill out and which complimentary players you need.

Buford, Krause and Bob Myers were great at that.

The Mavs and Spurs were successful with international players.

#29 daywalker02, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There is no future with this owner, were gonna be Knicks south.

Once Morey is gone he's gonna start throwing his two cents into all personnel choices of his trash puppet, on top of refusing to spend. I forsee nothing but suffering in our future. The only hope is that a truly transcendent talents fall our way in the draft, and even if that happens our owner has shows he won't spend for a proper supporting cast... and that was before covid crushed his businesses.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

People need to note this.
    1. Finding a top 5 player is hard
    2. Keeping them is hard
    3. Winning a championship is harder still

Trade harden.....you are more likely to be Charlotte than Lakers

Rocket River

Patience and fattz like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Key is to know when and how you trade Harden, favorably when he is 33 and getting more prone to injuries and mental fatigue.

The right moment to get high picks or young players.

You can never get a Harden back.

You'd still want to be confident to foster new stars though otherwise you can just disband the whole team which nobody would do.

The Rockets missed the opportunities the Spurs had.

After Duncan, TD and Gino, they drafted Kawhi.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

People complain that too many teams make the playoffs
    Imagine
    Not being one of them
    For a decade.

Rocket River

Patience likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tilman as the owner. A whopping 0 draft picks in the foreseeable future.

what future?

15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Tillman knows trading Harden would be his NBA death sentence. He would not only alienate the fan base but he would be committing franchise suicide.

BUT referencing Tatum a bit ago... Him, Booker, KAT, D. Mitchell, T. Young are the only guys I'd even consider in a deal. AND even at that I'd want like 3-4 first rounders before I ever thought about trading THE BEARD. So no it ain't happening.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Duncan only missed one year didn't he?

For that to happen the old star has to 'jedi teach' , pass on the teachings to the new kid.

Dirk to Doncic.

There is not a new sheriff in town.....missed opportunities.

Heat with all the youngins, Herro, Bam and Nunn while Butler doing a good job of showing them the ropes on the fly.

So it's not solely CP3 doing this.

#36 daywalker02, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Tatum?... They wouldn't trade him for Harden straight up... Hell not even for Brown!

18. HP3

HP3 Member

LMAO you are on drugs if you really believe that.

javal_lon likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I doubt any DanAndToni team would do so
    I think he would have Doncic playing House type minutes
    and role.

Rocket River

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They would not trade Tatum
    but