1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FBB Finals are over and draft lotto, FA, draft stuff

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by SteveFrancis3, Aug 7, 2002.

1. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Congrats to CK's Magic for taking the 2004-2005 CCNET FBB Championship. It was a hard fight to the title, but the Magic have brought Orlando it's first ever title winning the Final series in 6 games. Congrats also to Nomar's Grizzlies, who advanced to the finals from the #7 seed. Tracy McGrady took home the Playoff MVP trophy.

Now with the 2004-2005 season officially over, tomorrow night at 10 pm cst will be retirements and the draft lotto.

Will post about Free Agency and Rookie draft in this thread when the time comes.

2. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Congrats CK.

3. Smallz88

Smallz88 Member

Sf3, can i re-sign players?

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

thanks SF3 and vj. also props to Cat, kidrawk, nyk, nomah, castor, scf, mduke, moe, rimmy, and everyone else involved in making this league fun.

I'll gun to repeat this year, but the trend of a different winner every year has been pretty cool so far.

respect the EAST!!!

:cool:

5. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

can i get in on this???

6. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

You can probably get in one the signing list.

Yeah I like the trend of new winners too...When's my turn?

;)

7. SteveFrancis3

smallz - You already resigned everyone that would negotiate (Rodney White and a few others, don't remember who). The other 2, Ilgauskas and Crum, wouldn't talk.

3814 - I could put you on the waiting list. After Manny took the Jazz, DrewP is the only one still on the waiting list, if he still wants in, and you could be 2nd.

After Cat switched to the Heat I guess we will see if German Rocketfan takes the Bucks or not.

Other teams that could be available soon are the Celtics and the Mavericks, as Bovie and Sammy have been gone for a pretty good while, and don't know if work will ever allow them to be back in the sims again.

Until then, you can check out the site if you'd like and if you come in the chat, there's usually a few guys there that can fill you in on how things work.

http://users2.ev1.net/~chkemp/FBB/fbbhome.htm

8. SteveFrancis3

Just updated stuff from last night.

9. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Put me on that waiting list...that looks like a pretty sweet thing you got goin down.

10. Nomar

Nomar Member

Congrats to everbody. Man i really thought a 7th seed could take it. haha. maybe next year.

11. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Am i able to re-sign Tinsley and Arenas

12. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Am I not able to attempt to re-sign Ratliff? He is on the general FA list and I never heard if he would re-sign with me.

13. SteveFrancis3

Smeg - Talked to you in chat

Rimmy - You've already resigned your guys that you could resign. Ratliff wanted to test FA from day 1 of the resigning period and other guys already resigned (Rahim for 3 million or something, Sasser I believe and maybe others).

Any player that was left unsigned either wanted to test FA or pretty much sucks, or possibly a combo of both.

Retirements - Can be seen on the transactions page

2005 170 Kings C Vlade Divac retires
    2005 170 Nets PF Dale Davis retires
    2005 170 Sonics SG Vinny Del Negro retires
    2005 170 76ers SF Rick Fox retires
    2005 170 Suns SF Glen Rice retires
    2005 170 Wizards SF Walt Williams retires
    2005 170 E.T.s PG Tim Hardaway retires
    2005 170 Spurs C Ervin Johnson retires
    2005 170 Pistons SG Jon Barry retires
    2005 170 E.T.s C P.J. Brown retires
    2005 170 Pacers SF Matt Bullard retires
    2005 170 Hornets SF George Lynch retires

Trading - Trades can be processed again

Rookies - Still adding a few that I didn't get to while I was away. Will update them tonight

Draft Order - Up on the site. Raptors won the lotto from the 6th spot, and the Pacers moved up to #3 from #10.

Rookie Draft - Will be Friday at 9-10 pm cst in chat

14. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Good work SF3.

15. SteveFrancis3

So damn pissed off. Being held hostage at a relative's house with family for birthday of an aunt. Nothing bad about that or anything, except the fact that I was told we would be back at 9 or 9:30 at the latest. 9:55, I'm still here with no signs of leaving anytime soon. So I can get online and stuff here, but don't have access to the game to do anything with the rookie draft.

:mad:

Will have to try to make the draft tomorrow instead, in the afternoon. 3:00 sounds like a good starting time.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

16. mduke

mduke Member

If you get back soon, we could always start it late, ala last year's FA...;)

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

SF3: everyone in the chat is willing to wait and do this later tonight, if you think it's possible. I really need it too, since I am going to be gone most of tomorrow. :(

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Man, I didn't even realize we were already doing offseason this soon. I will be gone all day tomarrow, as I will be going out of town and not getting back until late. Tonight would be okay, even late, if only I could make it into chat. For some reason I am having trouble getting in there...

EDIT: If I'm not there, I would like best available. No big weaknesses at any position.

#18 DieHard Rocket, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2002
  19. SteveFrancis3

Was able to do a bit of the draft just now with the first 8 picks being in chat or having lists.

1. Raptors - PF Chris Bosh
    2. Knicks - C Darko Milicic
    3. Pacers - PG Raymond Felton
    4. 76ers - PG Mark Stoudamire
    5. Nuggets - PG Harrison Edney
    6. Clippers - PG DeeAfternoon Watts
    7. Heat - PG Kirk Hinrich
    8. 76ers - SG Rickey Paulding
    9. Pistons - PF Anderson Varejao
    10. Knicks - SG Carlos Delfino
    11. Blazers - C Curtis Garnett
    12. Warriors - SG Jarvis Hayes
    13. Wizards - SF Bostjan Nachbar
    14. Lakers - SG Peyton Linville
    15. 76ers - C Harrison Ontko
    16. Cavs - SG Vincent Young
    17. Jazz - PG Reece Kemp
    18. E.T.s - C Jerome Edwards
    19. Kings - C Gheorge Muresan Jr.
    20. Lakers - C Roberto Geiger
    21. Spurs - SG Reece Gaines
    22. Bucks - SF Jamal Nikolic
    23. Pacers - PF Nick Collison
    24. Sonics - SG Darren Jones
    25. Hornets - C DeeAndre Wingate
    26. Bucks - SG Hukeydo Ghedo
    27. Bulls - SG Parker Shaw
    28. Bateaux Ivre - SF Kenny Mikell
    29. Lakers - SF Bagov Douche

#19 SteveFrancis3, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2002
  20. SteveFrancis3

Draft not over yet, but will post this anyways.

Free Agency Period: The Free Agency Period consists of five days of contract offers and signings. During the first four days, players will evaluate their offers and decide whether or not any of the offers are worth signing. On the final day, the players will always accept what they rate as their best offer.

Salary Cap
    Fast Break Basketball 2001 uses a Salary Cap on team salaries. The purpose of a salary cap is to prevent certain teams from signing every player that they want with no regard to salary. The league salary cap is currently set at $52,500,000.

There are some exceptions to the salary cap:
    *A team can always offer a player who played for their team the previous season a contract starting with at 120% of the salary the player made the previous season. The player may receive up to a 10% raise each year in the contract.

*Each team has a mid-exception and a low-exception that it can offer players. The mid-exception is a one-season contract for $4,500,000. The low exception is a one-season contract for $1,200,000.

*If a player has gone three full seasons without changing teams via free agency, they are considered to have Bird Rights. A player with Bird Rights may be resigned by his previous team without any restriction from the salary cap. The number of seasons a player has gone without changing teams via free agency is reflected in their Bird Years.

Player Contract Rules

How much a player can be offerered by a team is determined by a number of rules.

If a player is signing with a new team:

1) The contract can be for up to 6 seasons.

2) The player can receive a raise each year of up to 10% of the value of the first year of the contract.

3) The maximum value of the first year of the contract is the smaller of the amount of cap room the team has and the maximum salary the player can receive based up his experience in the league(see table below).

If a player is resigning with his previous team and has 3 or more bird years:

1) The contract can be for up to 7 seasons.

2) The player can receive a raise each year of up to 12.5% of the value of the first year of the contract

3) The player can receive the larger of the maximum salary based on his experience and 120% of his previous salary in the first year of the contract.

If a player is resigning with his previous team and has less than bird years:

1) The contract can be for up to 6 seasons.

2) The player can receive a raise each year of up to 10% of the value of the first year of the contract.

3) The player can receive the larger of the team's salary cap room(up to the maximum salary) and 120% of his previous salary in the first year of the contract.

Teams over the salary cap also may offer a player one of their two salary cap exceptions:

1) Mid Exception - one-year offer of $4,500,000

2) Low Exception - one-year offer of $1,200,000

Each exception may only be used once per season.

Bird Years:

Bird years are the number of seasons a player has gone without changing teams via free agency. When a player is traded, he maintains his bird years.

Salary based on experience:
    Exp Min Max
    0 $332,817 $10,625,000
    1 $465,850 $10,625,000
    2 $540,850 $10,625,000
    3 $565,850 $10,625,000
    4 $590,850 $10,625,000
    5 $653,350 $10,625,000
    6 $715,850 $10,625,000
    7 $778,350 $12,750,000
    8 $840,850 $12,750,000
    9 $965,850 $12,750,000
    10+ $1,000,000 $14,875,000

------------

So anyways, email in those FA bids to me. SteveFrancis0003@yahoo.com is the address (the link above my posts works too).

The deadline for FA bids will be Monday at 8:00 pm cst when the simming of FA will begin.