1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favre to the JETS....It's Official.

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DaDakota, Aug 6, 2008.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Here ya go.

Link to ESPN article

The Brett Favre era in Green Bay apparently came to an end late Wednesday as the longtime Packers star quarterback was traded to the New York Jets, FoxSports.com reported.

The trade, believed to be a single draft pick that increases in value depending upon how the Jets perform during the 2008 season, was confirmed by ESPN's Michael Smith on Wednesday night.

DD

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Swoly, go ahead and do a photoshop of brett favre in some new york jets violet. or new york jets blue.

---

For one draft pick?

The JETS need to trade Favre to Chicago or Minny for a first rounder.

3. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Lifes a b****. Time to retire Brett, before Chad Pennington murders you. Regardless of their acquirement, the NY Jets SUCK!! Green Bay management just owned Favre.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Tampa Bay probably offered more* but Green Bay 1)didn't want to trade him within the conference and 2)wanted screw Favre a little by sending him to a worse team.

*I have no reason for believing this other than just wanting to see the Packers screw Brett over.

5. Asian Sensation

How are you going to murder your friend Landlord Landry?!?! Someone make a poll !!! Stat .

6. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

No, its known now that the J-E-T-S had a better offer on the table than TB, which is what I've been saying all along.

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I hope they shut the hell up about him now...im so damn tired of hearing his name.

I used to like the guy but after all this crap I don't care for him much.

8. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I hear ya.

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I'm not so sure the Jets are a worse team than Tampa. They spent a lot of money in the offseason to fix the offensive line, and they have good pieces (Coles, Jones) around Favre. They also play more downfield than Tampa does -- not so sure how Gruden's WCO would suit Favre's gambling mentality.

In addition, the Dolphins and Bills aren't very good, and that's four games a year. I'm not nearly as big a fan of Favre as many on this board are, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets won 10 games. The offensive line improvements are a lot more than people realize.

10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I hate this sh****TTTTT too.....but he's in the Big Apple now = more press coverage :(

11. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Going to the NY stage is the last thing I want for this saga. This isn't closure, it's magnification. Bad career move, Brett.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

does this mean the Madden Curse is already working?
    the Jets?

13. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

I thought New Jersey was the Garden State.......

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

New Jersey is the Garden State.

New York City is the big apple. You never heard of New York City being called the Big Apple? You know how to use google, right?

they just happen to play in north new jersey.

15. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Wow...I guess you don't follow sports much, huh Kam? The Jets play in New Jersey. They won't play one game in New York...You know how to use google, right!? :p

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

From what I understand, Packers Head Coach McCarthy kept Favre on a tight leash last year to keep his turnovers down. Will Favre revert back to freewheelin', gun slinger mode? In the 2005 and 2006 he played poorly.

17. Landlord Landry

actually, they will. Google it.

18. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Home game. Corrected just for you.

19. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I just gotta catch Mike Greenberg on Mike & Mike this AM. He'd given up hope I think...

20. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

What a bummer. Best case scenario for non-Green Bay fans would've been for the Fudge Packers to release him and let him sign with the Vikings. Just the sheer prospect of him beating and b**** slapping his old team, in the process exposing the foolish egotism of GB management and their choice of Aaron Rodgers over a living legend, would have been must-see TV. Now he'll just spend the few remaining years of his career rotting away with the Jets, and it won't be worth watching. Boooooring.

If you're a sports fan not from the city in question, in case of player-management conflict, I think it's always better to see the player stick it to power drunk suits in management. At the very least, it's more entertaining that way. In this case, score one for the bad guys. Booo.