1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Sports Local Radio Station

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRaiderRocket, Sep 10, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I assumed Roberts was just filling in. He's good, so that show is half crap now.

We're gonna lose Charlie P. to a bigger market.

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Anyone else I've never heard of that you'd care to namedrop?

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The problem is I periodically go to Dallas and their sports radio leaves Houston in the dust.

I made the mistake of trying 1560 again in the morning. Wouldn't you know it that Goofball had Steve McKinney on. I couldn't take any more than 3 minutes of it. I want someone here to tell me they actually enjoy listening to Granato and McKinney. Their banter is just awful. So much for giving 1560 another shot any time this year, at least in the morning.

5. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

What's your source?

CP has been here 18+ years and he loves H-town.

6. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I do have a man crush. Charlie is the man.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

We can only hope. He'd be a hit Philly... :D

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Wait wait wait. Dukes is actually gone from 790 for good? When did this happen. Judging from the espn790 website, it does appear that Craig Roberts has replaced him on the morning show. Good move! I'll have to give them another chance now. Dukes was horrible.

9. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

1560 is growing on me...especially the weekend crew. Those guys are pretty funny. They were broadcasting from a sports bar last weekend...they were trying to pickup chicks and making fun of people coming in through the door.

10. wstar

wstar Member

Are we really 3 pages in on this thread with nary a post from Chance - the insider??

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

his contractual status won't allow it. :)

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

When I'm in town, I listen to 610...

However, most of the time I'm in Dallas and the only crap they have on is the Ticket (very ghey IMHO) and ESPN, which is ok but they have this old guy talking about the Cowboys (really annoying), which I like, but they're over exposed up here...In other words, hardly any sports talk up here...

13. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

You guys have to admit that all of the morning shows really suck right now.

I tried to give Granatomeer a chance @ 1560, but hosting by himself is painful to hear. All he talks about is all of the sponsors he has signed away from 610, getting Justice to go with him, getting Steve McKinley to switch allegiance, etc.

If Lance does sign on and pairs up with him, then I will listen.

14. been_exed

been_exed Member

ehhh. listinening to andre ware steer the convo to football everytime is even more painful.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

and lsu football. I understand there are a lot of lsu fans here but sheesh.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, you'd think it was football season or something.

;)

17. been_exed

been_exed Member

never knew that from may to july was football season, maybe im wrong. UR the expert. U know everything ;)

18. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

I don't know why but I love listenning to CP. Why? It makes no sense.

Like I was hatin it on Friday driving home in the traffic tryn to find someone else b/c CP was on vacation.

Is it his voice or knowledge I don't know but that guys is entertaining.

790 all other times sux. Especially Craig Roberts. He needs to stick to TV.

19. coogz

coogz Member

I'm very surprised that more people aren't enjoying Marc and Andre - well, Andre, I should say. Marc will always be "Top 40 Radio Guy" with the voice and the annoying sound effects, but I think Andre brings a lot of football knowledge to the table, especially since it is now football season. Maybe I'll feel differently in March when there's no football to talk about.

Lance rejoining John would be sweet, but I agree with most everyone here - John is hard to listen to by himself. I would definitely have some trouble deciding where to turn my radio. But that signal... come on, Topper. Work it out!

This morning 790 had Craig Roberts and Chris Baker on - I listened to them the entire drive in, unless there was a commercial. Very entertaining stuff. I'm not a big Dukes fan, but Davies, flat-out sucks. If they were going to can one, they should canned both.

Mike & Mike pretty much sucks, but I do like when they have certain "insiders" like Buster Onley and Ron Jawarski.

Rome has become more diluted with his expansion to other affiliates, but he's still the best thing on from 11-2 - even if he has cut back on the non-sports takes and the legends have given way to the 'first-time, long-time' crowd. He still has his flashes. "The Monsters" can go away. Lopez made a fatal error when he quit his job at the Chronicle.

The afternoon is a toss up for me. Charlie is the best, but I find myself flipping around between him and Matt & Rich. I enjoy Sean on the Rome show, but he and John Harris have done nothing for me thus far.

I do like having 4 stations in Houston, but it can't last. If 1560 doesn't get ratings, there will be no reason for Trailer Wheel & Frame and Klein's to stick with him - they'll go back to 610 full time instead of splitting their marketing dollar. I can't see 97.5 lasting too long, even if I do like ESPN weekend coverage the best. I see best case there being 2 stations - 610 and most likely 790, only because they have the backing of Clear Channel. 610 and 1560, with the right mix, would serve my needs...

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The 1560 signal issue is getting to be a bit of a joke. Get that sucker figured out!!!