1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Rocket clutch moment

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JamesC, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is correct. As I recall Rice missed two free throws, with a two point lead and about three seconds on the clock. Next at bat, Vernon Maxwell.

I aslo recall that at some point in salary negotiations, Max's agent pointed out that his shooting percentage would be higher, except he took those half court hopeless shots at the end of games and quarters. Man what do they teach those guys in law school anyway.

2. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

EJ in game 6 against the Jazz and the kiss of death.

3. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Elie's "kiss-of-death" shot against the Suns because it completed the greatest come-from-behind series EVER and was against three NBA players I despised at the time;

Ainge
    Klein
    Barkeley

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

kiss of death all the way. i remember thinking during that game, "hey atlest we got one championship." little did i know...

what a great shot, especially with barkley talking all that trash.

5. XBeams

XBeams Member

Moochie against the warriors back when he was signed to a 10 day contract..I remember the game being tied with about 7 seconds on the clock. Cuttino has the ball..dribble dribble..im thinking oh shi* 2 secs on the clock, when cat passes it BACKWARDS to the mooch..Im like what the **** are you doing!! Mooch shoots it from maybe 5 feet behing the 3 point line, the buzzard goes off, bank off the glass and swish..Im screaming OOOOOH!!! MOOOOOOCH!!! LMAO MOOOOOCH..Moochie takes off his shirt and runs away while Steve, Cat, Mo, and the rest of the gang tried to cath him so they can hugg him..so Hilarious since this happen at Golden State :)

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

All the clutch offensive shots are awesome, but one of my favorites is on the other side of the floor.

Hakeem's block of Starks last second attempt was freakin awesome!!! I mean yeah it probably was not going to go in anyways, but damn it! What if it had?!?! Well Dream sure took care of that.

I was just watching the Knicks series a few days ago and damn it is bad ass!

7. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

My favorite Rockets clutch moment is Marios' game-winning 3-pointer in Game 7 in the Western Conference Semis against Phoenix. It defined the Rockets' postseason run and it was a catalyst for them in beating both San Antonio and Orlando.

8. JamesC

JamesC Member

I remember Eddie Griffin hit several clutch 3's this season. The main one that comes to mind is the 3 he hit to help beat the Mavs. I hope this is a sign of things to come. He's not afraid to take the big shots and I think he will a go-to guy in the future.

9. WyoRox

WyoRox Member

Ralph's miracle against showtime is still the one my friends and I call "the shot". Kennys phenomenal finals game 1 performance and last second shot is number two and Mario's winner against Phoenix is number three.

10. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

3. Hakeem baaaatch slapping Mr. Robinson for 51.

2. Mario's 'kiss of death' still makes me yell like a fool.

1. Barkley slamming Shaq to the ground. A feat never accomplished before that, or since!:eek: