1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Riverwalk Hotel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Aceshigh7, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Buck Turgidson

I say there's an 80% or better chance of thunderstorms in the area today and tonight, so take that into consideration and check the doppler.

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

The one closest to the I-10 E ramp.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The weather has chillaxed now. The caverns was something new and interesting. After went to the wildlife, those ostriches are savage I tell ya. Turn your neck and my snack bag was missing. Cleanest city in texas with great service and food. The traffic in SA was not bad. The walmart had all registers open, all. Ive been killing these frozen margaritas.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Bump

Any new additions? The S/O wants to go to seaworld on the 5th (long weekend) and need a place to crash in SA so thought of the Riverwalk.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've done Contessa and Valencia and liked both (Contessa more so) but feel like there's got to be something better available. Contessa is located towards a more laid back part of the Riverwalk but you can still walk right up to the action - I like that.

6. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Have you thought about staying somewhere other than the Riverwalk? La Cantera is a great place, close to a lot of action and not too far from Sea World either.

7. Isabel

Isabel Member

We're cheap and always do La Quinta. Still nice views of the city and easy to get into the mall and riverwalk.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

There's a Hyatt and Marriott out there with their own lazy rivers. I've never been but was considering going.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The Drury is pretty nice. They have a free happy hour from 5:30 to 7:30, free breakfast, easy access to the Riverwalk and it's one of the few places on the Riverwalk that has it's own parking garage.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The inn at the alamo was more like a nightmare at the alamo. 50 buck a night, what could go wrong? All our **** got locked inside the bathroom. They said tomorrow the maintainance guy should be there. Short story, the lunch lady got a screwdriver from her truck and dismantled the lock. And they had a safe to store things inside the room. We opened it and there was a big ass cockroach squaring up.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I stay at the Marriott as well! You come down from which ever floor you're on step outside the lobby and you're inside the mall with easy access to the Riverwalk! You are also 1 1/2 blocks away from the Alamo!

Don't forget to view the basement of the Alamo, it's spectacular!;)

12. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Best choice

13. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Omni del Mansion but its usually not cheap. The hotel and location are awesome.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I haven't stayed there, but that's where my in-laws always stay. They love it.

15. hvic

hvic Member

I heard that there is a haunted hotel right by the Riverwalk but I cannot think of the name. Hopefully you didn't book it there

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They have nice pubs in the river walk. I think Irish Pub is a good one. During the day, the best part is walking around the alamo.

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The Menger Hotel! It's sandwiched between The Alamo and the Riverwalk Mall.