1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite pair of sneakers?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LiLStevie3, Aug 18, 2002.

Tags:
  1. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

I'm a shoe nut, so I'd like to know, what's your all-time favorite pair of basketball shoes?

My personal favorites are the Penny IV's that came out 3 or 4 years ago I think. I got them back in high school and keep them looking nice and clean to this day.
    Here's a pic I got from ebay

[​IMG]

The Iverson's that came out before the current ones were pretty nice too

[​IMG]

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I'm currently wearing a pair of Nike Shox. They feel great, but were pretty expensive at $110. Using the Friends and Family discount coupon at Foot Locker, I was able to knock the price down to $77, so not a bad deal. These shoes are pimp.

[​IMG]

I still like wearing these alot too though:

[​IMG]

I also have fond memories of my old Reebok Blacktop Pumps from 6th grade. These shoes were endorsed by Sinbad. Nuff said. :D

#2 Baqui99, Aug 18, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2002
  3. tozai

tozai Member

Yes, I like Nike Shox as well

I'm suprised your Penny's haven't torn up. Everyone I've known who's ever owned any version of Penny's has had them fall apart.

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

My all-time favorite shoe was the CB4s that were white with a little black in them.

I got them as soon as they came out in '96 and wore them for like 4 years before finally throwing them away since they were coming apart.:(

5. drapg

drapg Member

are those ther running version (rather than the bball version)?

if so, do you run in them?

i need some new running shoes b/c i've logged nearly 3000 miles on my old ones (which i bought in january, ahh!!!!)

i was considering those, but i can't get any input from other runners b/c no one else has them.

what are your thoughts on them for comfort?

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I wear these things to work (working in the tech industry kicks ass!) As far as running goes, they're not all that. My Asics feel alot lighter and hug my feet better. I run in my Asics that I got from Academy for like $50.

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

My Bata Bullets--- circa 1971. A French version of Converse All-Stars as I recall.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've actually owned 2 pair of Hakeem's shoes when he was under contract to Spalding. The shoes lasted relatively long and were 21.99 each. I loved them.

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I like any hightops that are well padded and don't cost more than about 50 bucks.

My fav of all time were my old first generation black and white checkered vans.. got em back in 81 or 82...used to hack my as$ off in them..:D

10. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I LOVE my Chucks!!!

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

12. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Yup, I keep them looking pretty nice. I have about 25 pairs of shoes, dating back to freshmen year in high school (I'm 19 now, so about 5 years ago). I only wear one pair for any athletic activities...the rest I wear casually. That's how I keep most of my shoes looking nice. What can I say...I'm a shoe nut.

The Nike Shox that Vince Carter first wore when he got to Nike were great.
    [​IMG]
    They're what Yao Ming wears, but I believe his are in navy blue. I can't wait to see what the Nike Air Mings'll look like...

13. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member