1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Memory of Scottie Pippen?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Steve, Sep 9, 2000.

1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Doc Robert--

C'mon man. How can you defend him? If he came here, felt he was NOT fitting in, and REQUESTED to be traded, that would have been fine, if a bit disappointing. He FORCED a trade and dissed the man who made it possible for him to come here and sign that ridiculous contract in Charles Barkley and his $1 million exception. Pippen never gave us a chance! Pippen is known as one of the best cutters and slashers in the game and he couldn't fit into our post offense? Doesn't anyone remember Clyde? He was one of the best cutters and slashers and he performed wonderfully while he was here. Superstars and players of (supposedly) Pippens caliber do not wait for plays to be called for them. They take over when they need to and when they have the chance.

His actions caused me to lose any and all respect I ever had for him as a man and as a player.

Hell, I wish he had stayed (without all the crap that came with it). With the injuries to Dream and Charles, he could very well be the current "man" on this team. If he had shown any toughness and leadership at all, our back court would be even better than it already is.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

2. JCBlazersGirl33

Rocket JJANG
    Good one. Brian Grant and Wallace during that year were out "untouchables". There's no way Wallace would be traded unless it's for another star power forward...

On Pip...
    I think Doctor Robert hit it on the head(thanks for being unbiased). Pippen will never be the player he was before his second major back surgery in 98. And about Pippen as a person? Well most fans dont really know him as an individual, so it's pretty unfair to judge on a personal level or wish some kind of harm on him.
    Take Karl Malone for example. He is a real ***** as a basketball player IMO(elbows, nuff said), however, off the court he visits kids in hospitals and supports a lot of charities.
    Same with Scottie.He runs these basketball camps for needy kids in Arkansas and pays for tutoring in housing projects in Chitown. In Portland he used both his Christmas and Christmas Eve to spread chear- first by providing shopping sprees for needy kids in Portland, then by volunteering in homeless shelters. There’s a lot you might not know about people. He can have a big mouth that always gets him in trouble, and he’s absolutely not a saint, but I think wishing another person harm is extreme. Unless it's Satan,er,Richard from "Survivor."

Just Kidding. [​IMG] I guess even that b*stard Richard has mommie somewhere. [​IMG]

PHILOSOPHY "Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: 'mankind'. Basically, it's made up of two separate words -- 'mank' and 'ind'. What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind."

[This message has been edited by JCBlazersGirl33 (edited September 10, 2000).]

3. wink3

wink3 Member

My favorite memory of Pippen is when we played the last game against the Trailblazers and I think it was in the 4th quarter but Cuttino had the ball in an iso situation with Quitten guarding him. Pip tried to swipe for the ball and Cuttino COMPLETELY juked that Mo'fo out of his drawers and made one of the sweetest runners in the middle of the lane over both Quitten and Sabonis. Man, all of my friends kept talking about how badly Pippen was punked by the Cat. That memory definitely gave me goose bumps because I remember seeing how Pippen looked after he got clowned, he had the type of expression that was absolutely priceless. [​IMG]

------------------
    I'm not clumsy, I just have to know my surroundings.

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Pippen is a coward.

There are no good memories of him.

Scottie is the king of choke, and someday that arrogant SOB will get what he deserves.

------------------
    I am so exasperated that I could expectorate.

5. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Thanks ANTISONIC for telling me he had 17boards.

6. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

I hate Scottie Pippen, he is a dick. Blaming Chuck for the lost to the Lakers in Game 1 in the 99 playoffs, and what he said about Chuck in the ESPN special was absolute ludicrous, and him trying to put the blame on other people. The fact is that he didn't try to fit in with the team. He will and always will be Michael Jordan's little sidekick, and will never be a star outside of Jordan's shadow. One thing I do remember about Scottie(when I liked him on the Bulls) is when he dunked on Ewing in the playoffs a while back. He gave Ewing a facial and stood over him. I have to admit that it was nice.

------------------
    "See they pick and pick and pick. Man they picked me to death."
    -Steve Francis on the Utah Jazz

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

My favorite memories of Pippen all had to do with incidents between he and other players...John Starks, Rick Fox, Karl Malone, Dennis Rodman...

------------------
    Ugh, Another Rockets off-season....I'm gonna need a keg
    of Pepto-Bismol.

[This message has been edited by AstroRocket (edited September 10, 2000).]

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

My favorite memory of The b**** is when he was a TrailBlazer, after a playoff loss to the Lakers, slamming s**t around in the tunnel on the way to the locker room. He should have surmised by then that he was not on the team that was getting the favoritism (for a change).
    As a Rocket? When we acquired him. I remember the moment the news was posted. Great write-up, great photo.
    From there, it was a slow unraveling into an abyss of rage and helplessness, hitting rock bottom when Pippen stared into a camera and said all that crap about Charles, without blinking. Not that I give a damn about Barkley. But he turned perception against the team, or, at least, helped make us look worthless. Then, when we started our season poorly, he mouthed off again for the media about how he saw it coming. The only thing he needs to see coming is a blur in the corner of his eye --- bonk! --- of a shovel aimed upside his head.
    He should have been a man. Keep your mouth shut, request a trade behind closed doors. Too bad he's a sniveling b****.
    Other than those negatives, hey, he's a class act.
    Watch the Blazers win the title (they can certainly throw a lot of big bodies at Shaq now) and Pippen tell the press, "See? I told you so."

------------------

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ROXTXIA,

I basically agree with everything you posted, except that I beg to differ in regards to Pippen being THE b****. I think of him more as a b****, and more specifically, a little b**** who has a live-in she-male who ties him up at night after games and treats him like his little gimp.

------------------

10. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Rocketspimp,

Sorry, but the Butt Naked Battalion has been around for years in Liberia.

------------------
    What are "props" and where did that word come from?

11. haven

haven Member

Doctor Robert: That may have been excusable...

but my LEAST favorite Pippen moment, I think, describes why Scottie deserves our derision.

In 94, with the Bulls, Jackson called a play for Kukoc, and Pippen refused to take the court. Kukoc, by the way, hit the shot.

I'd wager that Jordan, Bird, Magic, or Hakeem would have still taken the court (imagine for a second that a coach wouldn't design the play for them).

That was inexcusable.

------------------
    Shandon Anderson rocks.
    The lottery sucks. Playoffs 2001.

12. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

My 2 favorites are:

1. Him refusing to leave the bench when Phil calls Kukoc's number in the playoffs.

2. Pip saying last years Portland team being the best team he's ever played on.

------------------

13. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

MY FAVORITE SCOTTIE PIPPEN MEMORY
    by HOOP-T

OK, this was a while back, but still a great memory. Remember in the 1989 playoff series between the Bulls and the Pistons? Mark Aguirre and Pippen had been talking trash throughout the first few games. At one point they got into a heated discussion and then a slight scuffle broke out. Well, when the game was over, Aguirre asked Pippen to meet him in the parking lot. Pippen supposedly agreed. One of the commentators (I think it was Costas) got wind of it afterwards and asked Aguirre what had happened prior to the next game. Aguirre said, "He didn't show."

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

[This message has been edited by HOOP-T (edited September 11, 2000).]

14. cuttino

cuttino Contributing Member

I originally found the article here at the great Clutch City BBS. I have bookmarked it since - I especially like the part where the writer points out the significance of $750 to that SOB.

------------------

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Hiz butt gittin' in a cab n' leevn town.

------------------

16. cuttino

cuttino Contributing Member

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What a jerk...how did you find that??