1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite basketball moves

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by zforrest, Mar 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. zforrest

zforrest Member

Hey you guys, what are your favorite basketball moves that you like to bust out during pick up games? I personally like the Shanghai Shake a la Yao on the right block, going into a fadeaway. MONEY!

2. inler

inler Contributing Member

i like making my defender run into a pick, and instead of going in the same direction i go back the other way and get right by him. only works some times, but it's fun to do.

3. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

pump fake up and under.
    basically pump fake... im like ginobili out there faking so much

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

When the little guys try to run in and get a rebound I like to make sure I stick my body out there. Or maybe an elbow if its serious. Keep your tiny ass out of the paint. Trying to get a running start and steal a board. Buzzards.

5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like the old fake an injury on the first play of the game and then sit on the sidelines talking smack about how in the good old days I would have schooled every fool on the court.

#5 Pistol Pete, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

DREAM SHAKE!!!! Defintely.

Dribble behind the back switch ball from left to right, or right to left.

Crossover dribble

Running Hook Shot

7. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I like to flop

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I like to run into my defender and flop to the ground like a choking fish then argue that the guy plays dirty.

On defense my go-to move resembles a revolving door.

9. Nero

Nero Member

Lots of mare fun, but my favorite as a player has always been the low-post turn-around fade-away, bank-it-in, just like Mark Aguirre used to do it. You can go either way, you don't have to leave your feet, and you can almost always get the shot off against taller defenders. AND, if you burn him a couple times with it, he will try to jump on it, but since you haven't left your feet, you can turn it into a McHale up-and-under for an easy layup.

Sweet!

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

the 3 point pump fake and the post up pass fake...clutchfans know what i'm talking about. :D

and the "get the hell out of my way, this is my rebound" play.

11. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

forgot to mention the right to left behind the back then step right foot into defender spin and fade.
    also love doing AK47 blocks on people.

12. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I think I've been watching you play too much cus I've recently played quite a bit and I found myself trying to do these silly fakes under the rim which never works. That move sucks!

Btw blocking little teenage kids is fun.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I like to just cover the ball up and charge into the lane like a freight train.

I haven't met someone yet who has willingly taken the charge. Oh they think about it for a minute... and then all the sudden have second thoughts when they see me coming with a full head of steam. Yeah thats right, just slap at the ball... you aren't stopping me.

14. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Actually I did take a charge once.. cept nobody really noticed, I just bounced off. I think everybody was always looking up at the board by then.

15. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Its not a charge if you use your hands to protect the blow :p

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My favorite move was one time I was playing with this guy who was kind of a meathead, the kind of guy who would tackle people rather than let them have a breakaway drive. I was next to him and blocked him out and jumped up to grab a rebound and he grabs my arm and pulls me down. Next play when he goes up for a rebound I footsweep and lay him on his @ss. The best part was that I did it so cleanly he didn't even realize he had been swept and thought he had lost his balance.

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I got the "award" for taking the most charges on my high school team my senior year, but I'll be damned if I'm taking one from anybody on concrete in a pick up game. In an official game I'd hang in there for ya.

And in regards to the original question, my favorite move is to score on my defender. I go to it often.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Mine is the look-one-way-and-go-another drive slow two-step a'la Hakeem on D-Ro... "hey, man... it looks like you traveled..." ";) Yeap, it DOES, doesn't it...? My ball, please. "
    This is just smartly playing "street ball" or stupidly playing BULLY. Unless, of course, you meet with a HUGE
    [​IMG]
    guy, you will try this all day. It will work. I won't take the charge... it ain't smart. :eek:

As long as there's no ref, you can try it all day. Yeah, I'll just hack the ***** out of you 'cuz I can't call a CHARGE on you. :D

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

haha, I'm sure you would Mr. Finesse. :p

I've pretty much only played on blacktop or concrete my whole life.

I was stupid enough a couple times to try and take a charge, its not a nice landing... but you gain some respect.

RAWR I AM MAN.