1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Fathers and Sons: THE TALK!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Does that make you feel good? B/c it doesn't make me feel good. :(

2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

It's not the sex that kids have trouble figuring out. It's the HOW TO PREVENT PREGNANCY that they don't seem to be too clear on. Make sure you cover that part in depth, Dad.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WehtHFweILY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess I might have to do better than Keanu

Rocket River

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If sex wasn't such a huge social taboo, there wouldn't be a problem with communication.

5. AXG

AXG Member

I never got "the talk." I think my parents tried to bring it up one time when I was like 17 or 18, but just gave me box of condoms and basically just said "when the time comes" or something like that.

6. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I'm not sure I even wanna know....but why? or better yet HOW?

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My Dad never had "The Talk" with me, and I've never had "The Talk" with my son, who's now 22 and about to graduate from college. Somehow, I survived not having had that conversation, and my son is already far more mature than I am (doesn't smoke, drink, or smoke), so I'm not losing sleep over it. I started having sex at a young age and never looked back, never knocked up a chick, either, although I brought a few to Planned Parenthood so they could get The Pill, thus helping yours truly not getting them preggers. Funny how that works, isn't it? Anyway, I'm sure it's a good idea to have "The Talk" with your son, but based on my own experience, if you don't, don't freak out about it, in my opinion.

Well, what did you expect? Unless you were kidding, that was an incredibly dumb statement, with all due respect, and I have higher expectations for someone who's moniker is Han Solo. Damn!

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Must be really proud of the non-smoking, eh?

I'm pretty sure every teenager knows about sex and what happens if you don't use any protection. Some will still risk it of course, but whatcha gonna do? Every girl I've ever slept with was on birth control of some form (or hopefully).

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not as confident as you are that every teenager knows what they need to know about sex, but I'm confident that my son does, which is a bit different, I suppose. As for smoking, yeah, I'm damn glad that he never took up cigarettes. He doesn't smoke anything else, either, although that wouldn't bother me as much as the cigarettes would.

10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I will sum up my dad's talk when I was 12:

Don't have sex before you get married
    Don't look at p*rn
    Don't go on Omegle

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And to think that the event of the year in the 1950's was when we found a stack of Playboy magazines in a dumpster at an apartment complex in my Southeast Houston neighborhood. How times have changed!

12. Classic

Classic Member

Hilarious. I heard that joke back in elementary school in early 90s. It just circulates on the play ground and between bros & sis' I guess

13. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I never had the talk. :(

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Que? Why :(??

Trust me, it's really awkward, you should be ecstatic you never had it.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I never did get the talk, but I had an older brother so it wasn't necessary. I was also sexually active at 14, so you may be a little late.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

here you go....op....lol

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2IwV2bHqqyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. juicystream

I was fairly in the dark about sex going into middle school. Saw my first p*rn at age 12 when I rented a movie, and my parents let me watch it in my brother's room while they watched their movie. My brother had this movie in his VCR called "Taija." Curious, I popped it in, and I figured out sex and masturbation pretty quickly (though I didn't know that is what I was doing). Then sex ed happened, and I learned everything I needed to know about the downside.

Then in 8th grade they started showing all these pictures of diseased penises at the health forum, which ended with an O-Town concert while they were filming the original Making the Band. Had hot girls fighting to sit on my lap, because I was in the front row. It was nice...

Edit: I don't know how I got off on a tangent, but the point was sex ed at school and social interaction will end up teaching most teenagers by high school.

18. juicystream

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PQvnZOR_oIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I had the talk with him before he went to Middle school. I told him EVERYTHING about sex.. After,he asked "Dad, Why did you tell me all of this?" I told him because most of the crap that will come out of his friends mouths is wrong and I wanted him to hear the truth.

He thanked me later in years and still ask me questions when needed.

1 person likes this.