1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fathers and Sons: THE TALK!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well, My son is 15.
    We have had the THE TALK and we have revisited the talk.
    And we constantly talking.

Awkward for the both of us I think . . .
    [I never had THE TALK . . . single mom etc]

Was curious about the experiences other people have
    had talking either to their father or the sons about
    Sex, relationships, women etc

Maybe provide me with a few pointers.

Rocket River
    "I'm not sitting through another slide show about ball cancer." - Joey - "Couple's Retreat"

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

My dad told me everybody maturbates. That is as far as the talk went.

Don't really plan to have a sit down talk with either of my kids either.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

At 15, I'm pretty sure I was trying to get some ass all of the time. I'd grab a p*rn mag, show your son, and say, "You're familiar with sex, aren't you?" No need for awkwardness. Your son is probably spanking it on the internet right now, lmao.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My dad tried to have "The Talk" with me when I was 19 and already active. It was odd. I just kept saying "Yeah. Yep. OK. Sounds good."

I'm sure it was odd for the both of us.

7. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Kids are learning about it earlier and earlier. My nephew who is in 3rd grade told me this joke the other day and all I could do was look at him with a WTF? look. lol

This little girl wants to take a bath with her dad. She says, "dad can i take a bath with you?" Her dad says, "okay."Then the little girl asks, "whats that daddy?" "Thats my Car" said dad.Then a day later the little girl wants to take a bath with her mom.She says, "mom can I take a bath with you?" "Okay." Said the mom. Then the little girl asks, "what's that mommy?" The mom says, "thats my garage."then later on the little girl hears the doorbell.She answers the door and the lady asks, "are your mom and dad busy?" "Yes" the little girl replied. "daddy is busy parking his car in mommy's garage!"

Don't know who tells them, or how they would know, but it's getting crazy. 3rd grade and already telling these jokes?

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

My 5 year old says things that blow my mind.

9. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

My other nephew who is in 2nd grade was caught on youtube watching the painting scene on Titanic behind the couch with a blanket. lol Don't know what to say to that either.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

A friend of mine. . . her son seems to have had a p*rn addiction since like 11
    She has to lock down EVERY access point in the house

Rocket River
    SHM . . .kids today

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

My dad told me if a girl wears revealing clothes, shes asking for sex. So every time i hear about a girl getting raped, i picture them in a small skirt or something. They were asking for it.

12. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

some advice that i was given
    with the talk also make sure you talk about drugs, alcohol, violence, and suicide

it's not easy but your kids should know the door is always open to them

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever you do don't subject him to this
    [​IMG]

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Never had the talk. Already knew about teh pr0n from first grade.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I ain't raising no babies_name the movie

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Rather than it being one talk maybe try to set up an open line of discussion with him. Easier said than done, but try to make it a conversation between adults. I think it would also be good to just remind him that sex isn't a bad or dirty thing but there are almost always emotional and physical consequences if one doesn't act like a responsible adult. Along those lines, I think it would be good to tell him that sex is often a completely different thing to men than it is to women.

I'm sure he knows a lot about sex already, so just let him know that you are always around to talk to him if he has relationship or sex questions.

17. smr6

smr6 Member

My talk was, "Don't get a girl pregnant". End of talk.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yup, chances are... by the time you decide to talk to your kid about teh secks, his friends have already gotten to him first... years ago. I don't have kids and don't plan on having that awkward talk because these days kids grow up too fast anyway so they're always a couple of steps ahead of where you think they should be. I guess the best thing is to tell him/her to be careful about it.

And most importantly, don't have any electronic devices capable of video recording on nor near by when it happens.

19. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

But, honestly, we never had the talk. They had p*rn and i would invite friends at like 12-13 years old and we would have p*rn sleepovers. Everyone loved sleeping over at our house bc of it. My parents just didn't care. Words like **** and ****, and b**** etc were common in my house growing up. I remember friends having this huge smile and big eyes when they heard me curse around the house like it was nothing and they realized they could too.

In the age of internet, do you even have to talk to kids now-a-days? I guess this is a white person thing or church kind of thing. Making your kids fear sex.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

My dad gave me the talk when I was 11, just at the start of puberty. Of course, being my dad he completely screwed it up, and started it off by describing the sperm as:

"Microscopic things living and swimming inside of your penis."

I was so traumatized by the idea of having living things inside me, that I missed the rest of the conversation!