1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fastest Car You Have Ever Been In

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by libertybellcdr, Jul 25, 2003.

1. libertybellcdr

The fastest "street legal" car that I have ever driven was my sister's 2001 Chevy Camaro Z28. It had borla exhaust on it, it was pushin about 320 hp. It would haul some serious ass.

The fastest car, was definitely the Winston Cup Nascar that I rode in at the Richard Petty Driving School. Over 800 hp, what do you expect. It really didn't feel like we were going 170 because the track is so big. But lemme tell ya, it would go from nothing to something by the time you blink. If you're a Nascar fan, and you have never done the Richard Petty Driving Experience, you HAVE to find a track where the classes are held. Its completely worth the money.

2. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

My Jetta 1.8 Turbo.
    Couple of minor adjustments and I have gotten as high as 140 mph on 290 from Austin to Houston.
    Thank God for Valentine One radar detectors. :D

3. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

4. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

My dad's NSX. That thing scared the crap out of me.

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Lotus Esprit Turbo.

6. rocks4life

rocks4life Contributing Member

My friend's 850 hp supra. 9 sec. quarter mile.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Considering the other responses so far, I am embarrassed to say a Cobra Mustang and an Audi TT Quattro.

8. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

That really is scary.

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I have a friend that usd to drag race...Im talking real drag racers(his fastest car did 7 sec quarter miles)

I used to help him work on them when I was a mechanic...and one weekend he let me drive his stripped 73 Vega that had a 600hp supergas big block in it..
    He could get low 9's in it, and when I drove it...I actually recorded a low 10...

Very very fast...scared sheet outta me at the time..:eek:

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That was street legal?! :eek:

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I would say not...
    That has more juice than the 454 supergas motor in my friend's race cars...aint no way you get that kinda juice from a 4 banger(or even a 6) while remaining street-legal.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I know. I was just being sarcastic. :)

The fastest car I've ever been in was a stock Viper.

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

couldn't tell you the fastest for sure, but probably a ferrari. however, today i got inside one of the most bad-ass cars i've ever been in - a 2003 mercedes-benz S600 Brabus. holy **** this thing was awesome! twin-turbo V-12, pushing nearly 600hp! what an amazing piece of machinery. flies for about $175, i think. it's the ultimate mercedes-benz on the market. plus i hopped in a couple Bentley's too. all-in-all, not a bad day.

just call me "jet-set" from now on :D

15. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

My 99 Ford Ranger, stock tailgate, 14 inch rims.

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

We had slightly used Ferrari Testarosa V-12 for a hole-in-one car at the golf course once. I drove it out on the par 3 for display during the the tournament.

When it was time to bring it back in, three Bud Light Girls were coming by in a beverage cart. Since carts really only hold two I asked if one of them wanted to ride in with me. The big chested blonde got all excited and climbed in. As I roared off the course and out on the residential street, sthe chick just started to squeal like she was going to come. The faster I went the more she squealed so I got it up to about 100 driving past houses and driveways.

When we got back in the parking lot she promptly jumped out of the car and left; I handed over the keys to the car lot guy and went back to picking empty beer cans out of the golf carts.

17. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I sat inside of a Camaro one time in a showroom. Mustang, too.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

neat.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

I think this baby hit 90 mph (not kph) once (going down hill) in my wild youth.

You guys suck. I mean 90 is obviously so much faster than 9! I could probably outrun your 9 mph cars! Sheesh.
    Come to think of it, where did we find a "hill" in League City? Okay, okay, maybe I was bragging. But we definitely hit 85 mph.

20. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

My father-in-law owns the Viper with basically the highest horsepower in the world, without turbos and/or superchargers.

It's got in excess of 800 hp at the rear wheel. I say in excess because he's constantly retooling it, so I don't know where he's sitting right now.

Let's just say I fear for my life when I sit shotgun.

:)