1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FA's available for upgrades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by franchise?..NOT, May 26, 2006.

1. franchise?..NOT

Here is a short list of possible FA's available for this year. IMO all of these would be upgrades to what we have at the positions now with the excetpion of Welsch and Williams and depending on where Tmac plays, 2 or 3.

SF

Al Harrington
    Jumaine Jones
    Predrag Stojakovic
    Vladimir Radmanovic
    James Posey
    Qyntel Woods
    Tim Thomas
    Matt Harpring
    Jared Jeffries

PF
    Nene
    Chris Wilcox

PG
    Jason Terry
    Sam Cassell
    Jiri Welsch
    Speedy Claxton
    Alvin Williams

SG

Ronald Murray
    Casey Jacobsen
    John Salmons
    Bonzi Wells
    Michael Finley
    Mike James

2. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

I wanted to get Terry before he ever went to the Mavs. And look at him now. If only...

And good luck getting him away from them at this point.

Sam Cassell would be a dream unless we overpaid.

Mike James would be a nice addition at the right price.

Bonzi, maybe.

Salmons, probably won't happen.

At SF, it would be nice to have a backup who can play solid D if we can get another scorer. In that case, I would take Posey back. He can sometimes knock down the 3 as well.

3. WallofYao

WallofYao Member

I like Ronald Murray, he helped the Cavs a lot, I bet he could help us too beacuse I think he could be a legit starter for us. With our MLE I would use maybe half of it either on Posey or Murray then the other half on VspaN or just wait until next year to get VspaN and get both Posey and Murray beacuse they would help us a lot if we could do that and then maybe do a sign&trade for either Rodmanovic or Tim Thomas and maybe we could give them our TE. Then try to get Mike James with a sign&trade too, for maybe JHO/Rybo/and David Wesley. That would make JVG happy because we would have 3 point guards and a PF that can shoot.

I'm not sure if this is all eligible and can happen, but it's just an idea or a dream.

4. Chronz

Chronz Member

So you think Posey is goin to opt out of his contract, if so I think hes happy in Miami but some guys who could be had for cheap and could me an impact would be Greg Buckner or a guy Id like is Jarred Jeffries, both are great defenders after years of bein undersized on the perimiter Jeffries would definately solve that problem. Hes 6"11 and can play some sick defense.

5. thesaint

thesaint Member

Of that list i like Matt Harpring. Good role player and shows intensity every night.
    Another I like Jason Terry, but most likely wont come cheap so thats a scratch off.
    Stojakovich also wont come cheap.
    Would be awesome to get harrington via sign n trade but Rox have nothing great to offer. Other teams might have better options.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would like to see Jared Jefferies on the Rockets. He does play defense,is long,fairly athletic,likes to post up and can also shoot a bit from the outside and wouldn't be too expensive. If he is unrestricted like RealGm mentions then he should be one of our targets.
    Edit Real GM has him as restricted now. Previously they had him as an unresticted player.

#6 saleem, May 27, 2006
    Last edited: May 27, 2006
  7. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

I think Q Woods will be a decent choice on SF and I like Wilcox, but I don't think Seattle will let him go.

8. maopaopao

maopaopao Member

I like wilcox!

9. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Tim Thomas could provide a lot of what we are lacking.

Can defend some of the more athletic PF.
    Rebounds well.
    Can play as a SF if we go big.
    Shoots well.
    Someone who gets fired up and into the other teams face.
    Can play backup C agains teams that try to go small.

After his play during the playoffs he will be very tough to get, but I like the attitude he is showing even if he gets a little out of hand at times. He is one of those players that you worry if he is playing better right now for a new contract or not. IMO he is a player that we have a chance to aquire and would benifit our team greatly by filling the needs listed above.

The guy is 6'10" 240 lbs, athletic, and can shoot the 3 very well. Nuff said.

10. New Jack

New Jack Member

Speedy Claxton and Qyntel Woods are the two free agents that intrigue me the most. Woods has enough height and length to play some minutes at the 4 when the team needs someone to spread the floor. Claxton is the best playmaker available. He can penetrate and break down the defense any time he wants.