1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hakeemtheraptor, Oct 27, 2001.

1. Hakeemtheraptor

Anyone who's involved with Fantasy b-ball probably has some rockets on their team. I personally picked up Kenny Thomas. Now i am guessing he'll average about 15Pts. & 10Boards. Am i expecting too much from Kenny or will he actually produce from taking advantage of Mo T's injury. What minutes will he probably provide the rockets with & is he going to be starting? Kelvin Cato was going to be my sleeper pick!!!

But then i remembered he plays when games don't count like Walt Williams. Well actually Walt plays well against BAD teams while Cato plays well before the season starts. Who would you guys pick Kenny Thomas or Kelvin Cato in your fatasy drafts?

Aside from fatasy basketball..... i've been watching Hakeem play here in Toronto and he is playing well. Okay he went 0-11 one night, but you can see him smiling up and down the court and really enjoying himself out there once again. HE actually tries to get up and down the court quickly. I personally feel the rocket player did'nt appreciate Hakeem. So going to a city where ALL the players respect him for what he's accomplished in his career has made him realize how important he is to a team. Hakeem and Vince have already bonded on the court. Having a star player of the league respect you every time your name The Dream is mentioned means a lot to a OLD player like hakeem....................................I guess that why he left Houston.

And also to win a ring.

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

What's up troll! What's the matter? Upset that the Rockets aren't floundering without Dream? I bet you and your fellow trolls were hoping the Rockets struggled so that you can come flood our board with garbage huh? I bet it galls you that the Rockets looked impressive last night, takes away from your trolling. By the way troll, I noticed you talk about Kenny Thomas and Cato, it must kill you talking about them and skipping over T-Mo, Griffin, and Willis, knowing they will pick up the slack. Have a good day troll. And enjoy Hakeem.

4. Hakeemtheraptor

I'm actually an original Rocket fan, and have visited this site since 5 yrs ago. So i'm no Raptor fan that has just entered this site for the first time. I just live in Toronto and they were my second fav. team behind Rockets, though it changed when Hakeem came over to MY city. And yes i used to live in HOuston.

Nobody has answered my question about Kenny Thomas being a good or bad pick up!!!!!!!!!

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think Kenny Thomas will get around 10 points and 10 rebounds.

6. RocksMillenium

If your a former Rockets fan, why throw potshots at them?

ando

I don't care how long you visited this site, that's troll talk. So you're a troll. And asking whether KT should be on your fantasy league team can't cover that up, especially when there is a forum for fantasy league talk. You would know that if you actually did frequent the site for the last 5 years and weren't looking to start trouble. It's obvious that you dropped this in this forum because your a Raptors fan taking potshots at the Rockets. And it frustrates you that the Rockets don't have frontcourt problems because then you could continue to brag about having Hakeem.

#6 RocksMillenium, Oct 27, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2001
  7. mduke

mduke Member

How have you visited since 5 years ago, when the site was 1st made in 1999?

8. RocksMillenium

LOL! Glad somebody else caught that! :)

9. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

because he's only 7 years old ...

10. Hakeemtheraptor

wow.....you guys are like little kids.....you say anything against the Rockets and you get a bunch of crying babies.....so the site has not been up 5 years.......i was just trying to point out that i've come to this site for some time........you guys should realize that when some fan from another team says somethin about your team......it's just his opinion and without being biased actually think about what he's said.......just because he may like another team does not mean he is wrong......you act like the Rockets are the best team in the league...... I was just trying to point out the reason why Hakeem left the Rockets and that's it......IT's JUST MY POINT OF VIEW!!!!

My real question was KT.......RocksMillenium......you don't seem to get the point i was making and that's too bad that you are just soo upset that Hakeem left that you can't even take a reasoning to why he left........

RocksMillenium your a SAD rockets fan......what a MoFo!!!

11. RocksMillenium

<b>wow.....you guys are like little kids.....you say anything against the Rockets and you get a bunch of crying babies</b>

That's what every trolls says.

<b>so the site has not been up 5 years.......i was just trying to point out that i've come to this site for some time..</b>

So basically you're admitting you lied

<b>you guys should realize that when some fan from another team says somethin about your team......it's just his opinion and without being biased actually think about what he's said.......just because he may like another team does not mean he is wrong</b>

So basically you're coming over to here to say that for?

<b>you act like the Rockets are the best team in the league...... I was just trying to point out the reason why Hakeem left the Rockets and that's it......IT's JUST MY POINT OF VIEW!!!!
    </b>

We've had a billion posts about this over the last 3 months. What was different about this one!?

<b>My real question was KT.......RocksMillenium......you don't seem to get the point i was making and that's too bad that you are just soo upset that Hakeem left that you can't even take a reasoning to why he left........</b>

I was wondering when you were get to that. Obviously you're upset that Houston Rockets fans aren't upset anymore and have moved on, just like Hakeem has moved on. Everybody has their reasoning for why Hakeem left, yours is no different then the billions of posts that have showed up on CC.net BBS. Let it go.

<b>RocksMillenium your a SAD rockets fan......what a MoFo!!!</b>

I can say the same about you. Bailing the Rockets as soon as one player left. Are you going to bail on the Raptors when Hakeem retires?

It isn't because you're the fan of another team. There are plenty of fans of other teams that visit this site, and they give their opinions about the Rockets, and they're not all glowing. But we can tell a troll when we see one. And we can tell when a troll is taking shots at the team and disguise it as just "Asking another question". It's almost like the Rockets had a great game last night and their frontcourt was solid, so you had to run out and try and kill the moment because there was no mention of Hakeem. To bad it didn't work huh?

#11 RocksMillenium, Oct 27, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2001
  12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Akeem the Dinosaur:

You know how we can tell you are a troll? You come to a Rocket fan site and call yourself something incenidary like your moniker.

RocksMillenium is a poster here that is usually right on the money most of the time about everything dealing with the Rockets. And guess what? He's right on the money about you.

Here's a link that you might enjoy:

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

13. B

B Contributing Member

Not to be overly technical or anything, but I do remember being a visitor of Clutch City since 1996. Sure, it was on some school server (I think), and the url wasn't even clutchcity.com at that time. This site has been around for a long time, just in different locations. I don't remember exactly when the BBS showed up, if that's what you guys are refering to. But I am almost positive the BBS has been around since 97, just in a much different form. So this guy doesn't make the best first post, and he posted in the wrong forum, no reason to try and shoo him away. Plenty of good posters now, were considered trolls or bad posters when they first started. If he continues to post in a poor way, then I'll keep my mouth shut and let you guys flame him. I could be totally wrong about this, but he seems like he may have some good input for the NBA Forum later this season for the Hakeem fans.

As far as Kenny Thomas being a good fantasy pick up, I disagree. He will get good minutes at the start of the season, but they will quickly decline with the improvement of Griffin and Morris. If pressed I'd take Thomas over Cato, but I'd rather have Willis on a fantasy team. The only way I'd get Kenny T is in the final round or off the waiver wire. I'd be concerned about his minutes this season. He may be starting now, but with Griffin, Morris, Williams, Rice and Willis possibly sharing minutes at PF, he could be a poor FANTASY BBall pickup. The only Rockets I personal would draft high would be Francsis and Mobley. If Rice slipped to the 9th round I might pick him up then. Willis, Griffin, Thomas or Cato might be good pick ups off the waiver wire.

HakeemtheRaptor,

If you have been reading the boards for a while you should know the reaction when a fan from another team gets on here and says negative things about the Rockets. Reread your first post and think why people could be offended by that. I'm sure if I went to a Raptor board and said bad things about Hakeem or said something about the Raptors not having a chance to win the East, I'd get a pretty negative reaction, especially if it was my first post. Please use your head before posting, and you might avoid everyone ignoring you and calling you a troll.

B

14. H-town#1fan

H-town#1fan Member

Go Rockets, don't come back here again you Raptor's fan. This is a H-town board not a girly purple board.

15. cson

cson Contributing Member

So What? I smile & enjoy myself when I run up and down the court and I suck!! What's your point?

16. Major

Major Member

What a bunch of childish brats we have here at the BBS. How sad.

<B>How have you visited since 5 years ago, when the site was 1st made in 1999?</B>

This site was here well before 1999. Maybe people should get the facts straight before criticizing?

<B>If your a former Rockets fan, why throw potshots at them? </B>

So fans can't criticize their team? Then everyone here must be trolls, since tons of people have criticized WWilliams & Cato.

As for the "getting a ring" comment, Hakeem's road to the finals now is a hell of a lot easier than it would have been playing in the West. It's easier to win the finals when you're more likely to get there -- then you only need one upset series instead of 2 or 3.

<B>You come to a Rocket fan site and call yourself something incenidary like your moniker. </B>

How exactly is "Hakeemtheraptor" incindiery? It's a fact. You may not like the fact, but Hakeem is now a Raptor. It's completely appropriate for a Raptors/Rockets fan. It's not like the handle was "HAHAHAHAHAHakeemIsANowARaptor,b****es" or something like that.

<B>Go Rockets, don't come back here again you Raptor's fan. This is a H-town board not a girly purple board.</B>

Maybe Clutch should ban children too.

17. RocksMillenium

Man this thread is still alive!?

18. Band Geek Mobster

She's got a point...

...don't mind me, just trying to get shanna to change her moniker...

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

shanna,
    Let me give you an analogy here. Let's say that Major Applewhite transferred to another school like Michigan and let's say that there's a BBS similar to this one but for Longhorn fans. You visit that site frequently and then one day someone starts posting using the handle, "Major the Wolverine". Now I ask you and no B.S. answers here, would you be able to take anything that this poster is saying seriously???

Olajuwon is the greatest Rocket of all-time and will probably keep this title forever. His parting from the Rockets and the city of Houston was not pleasant. While, it's true that we as fans have the right to criticize management and the players, I don't think it would be a good idea for me to go to a Red Sox BBS and call myself RogertheYankee. Do you see what I'm getting at? I admit that I should have practiced better self-restraint with Mr. Raptor, but it's almost like he wants to push people's buttons around here and to me that sounds like something a troll would do.

P.S. Brad Edwards of ESPN says that Miami controls its own destiny as does the winner of Nebraska-Oklahoma (in the Big 12 title game). He knows the BCS pretty well and even if Oklahoma is ranked #2 in today's poll, Miami will still get in the Rose Bowl if they win out.

20. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

On the original topic, Thomas will averagw 8 pts and 8 rebounds. It all depends on the improvement of Griffin and how far he progresses.