1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I agree. I was hoping to nab Luck and then grab another backup QB off the wire during the season but he was taken just before me.

It's crazy how many QBs were taken during the top half of the draft, especially with passing TDs only account for 4 points per and interceptions counting for -2. I may end up taking a flier on Alex Smith due to the conservative managerial game he tends to play.

upload_2018-8-31_10-50-56.png
    upload_2018-8-31_10-51-9.png
    upload_2018-8-31_10-51-21.png
    upload_2018-8-31_10-51-29.png

The whole time I'm thinking, these guys are nuts!!!

I also may have a trade in the works already. I have a friend of mine that is starting Drake and Ingram as it currently stands.

Since I have Collins, DJ, and McCaffrey starting I figure I can offer a Collins + Juju (or Hogan) for DeAndre Hopkins trade, this is his team, thoughts?

upload_2018-8-31_10-56-54.png

#141 FLASH21, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  2. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

If he agrees to that, then I think that's awesome. But I wouldn't expect him to. That's a pretty steep price to pay for Alex Collins and JuJu

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The fourth pick. You get one if the 4 tier 1 RBs and you get a good shot at getting a good WR with your second pick. Or Howard or Mixon.

david_rocket likes this.
  4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Very, very pleased with my draft. 3rd pick, 10 man league. $250 buy in.

Bell went 1st overall and Antonio Brown went number two. I immediately knew it was going to be a good night.

Attached Files:

#144 HR Dept, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  5. The Stig

The Stig Member

Having trouble filling out my RB1/2 and my FLEX spot. Right now, it looks like:

RB1: Alex Collins (v BUF)
    RB2: Jay Ajayi (v ATL)
    Flex: Jamaal Williams (v CHI)

Other options: D. Henry (@MIA), M. Goodwin (@min), C. Carson (@Den), K. Cole (@NYG), and T. Eifert (@IND)

Any ideas or suggestions? 10 Team, Standard Scoring.

6. primtim24

Because he's next to Aaron Rodgers, you have to at least consider Jamaal Williams....but for me, I'd DEFINITELY choose Derrick Henry...playing against a possibly bottom 5 defense, the upside would be a little too much for me to pass up on.

7. primtim24

I picked 9th out of 10, in a Non-PPR, Keeper league (everyone got to keep 1 person, I kept Leonard Fournette for a 2nd rounder). What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I am a lot less optimistic on Baldwin now that he's described himself as "going to play at 80-85% the whole year". I guess he's still not a bad pick because there is literally nothing else in Seattle.

I like McCaffrey a lot, but I think that's a bit high for him in standard. To me he has top 5 potential in PPR, but TD upside remains to be seen.

I think Cooper will be better than last year but the Raiders look like a rebuild in progress now. I had projected him to have a Top 15 year, but now I think he will probably finish just inside Top 25 at best.

Love the Sanders/Anderson picks late, but why 2 defenses? TE I can understand drafting depth with Burton not being proven yet. I have drafted Burton in every single league I'm in this year. I'm betting a lot on him being a stud.

9. primtim24

I wasn't too high on Baldwin either, but he fell to me in the 5th, and I figured he was worth the risk at that point. As for the 2 defenses, I forgot to mention, our defenses score roughly 30-40% more than standard scoring does. So I cant just pick a good one and leave them in there. As for taking McCaffrey that high, we already had quite a few stud players that were kept (Gurley, Bell, David Johnson, D-Hop) plus I was picking 9th, so being high on him, and not having much to choose from, I kinda felt I had to.

#149 primtim24, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ok, yeah that makes sense, forgot you had mentioned it was a keeper league.

Baldwin in the 5th is a better gamble than in the 3rd round for sure.

primtim24 likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Can you or someone else tell me what I was going for here with my receivers ??

Tyreek Hill
    Marvin Jones
    Marquise Goodwin

It was not completely deliberate, but it was floating around in my head when I was deciding on Goodwin in the 5th round. This a 14 team league by the way.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Guessing Standard...looks like you went for HRs. Did you go RB early?

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Exactly. I'm hoping most weeks at least one of these guys will have a loooong touchdown. It is actually 1/2 ppr though. I was 2nd pick and took David Johnson and probably reached a bit on Lamar Miller with the 2nd pick of the 4th. If I had waited though I would have not have had much of a chance on a rb with any volume at all.

Although I did end up with Detroit's rookie rb also.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What did you do with your 2 and 3? I am guessing kelce or Gronkowski with one of them? 14 teamers are tough. I draft in one tomorrow.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Hill at wr, then Lamar Miller at rb.

I could have picked Derrick Henry or Alex Collins. I may have screwed up on that one.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Oh ok, I thought you said you drafted miller with your 4. That makes sense. I am not looking forward to the 14 team draft. Hopefully I pick fortunate handcuffs late.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah I said 4th above, my mistake. Regardless 14 team is tough. I went into it thinking I wanted to be strong no matter what. And if Detroit's rookie rb and Lamar Miller both bust I am screwed.

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Thanks, I did select 4th pick, I got Kamara in the 1st round, and Devonta Freeman, in the 2nd.

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am pretty sure he wasnt one of the top 4 that NRF was mentioning but still a decent pick nonetheless especially if PPR

20. mulletman

mulletman Member

Here’s how my draft turned out - 12 team standard scoring

David Johnson
    Devante Adams
    Joe Mixon
    Royce Freeman
    Doug Baldwin
    Marvin Jones
    Jamaal Williams
    Kenny Stills
    Phillip Rivers