1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Input needed:

I’m sending out Gurley and AJ Green
    Receiving: K Hunt, James Conner, and Keenan Allen

Thoughts?

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

if pit keeps bell you're kinda screwed

3. HR Dept

Definitely high risk high reward, I’ve been going back and forth with pulling the trigger since Thursday.

4. fallenphoenix

i'd stick with what you've got.

KingCheetah likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Without knowing record and rest of team, I know the idea of getting three solid starters is tempting, but usually the team that gets the best player wins and that's Gurley, by far. And I am not so sure Green isn't the better WR of the two. I am betting they approached you? All considered I'd stay with Gurley and Green.

KingCheetah likes this.
  6. HTM

HTM Member

Cool story alert:

I got 179.70 points in my 10 man standard league this week.

That is all. Felt the need to share with other fantasy nerds.

7. HTM

HTM Member

If you did this imma come through this computer and slap the hell out of you.

Under no circumstances should you be trading Gurley for anything but add AJ Green? Good lord. You're giving up the two best players in this trade broski.

Gurley is by farrrr the best player in fantasy this year.

That trade offer would not tempt me one second.

8. fallenphoenix

just traded

Lamar Miller
    Michael Thomas

for

Ju Ju Smith
    Christian McCaffrey

thoughts?

HTM likes this.
  9. HTM

HTM Member

I like it a lot.

I'm a big believer in CMC (though I couldn't snag him) and JuJu is probably due to regress some.

I have Miller and hate him.

Michael Thomas has had an amazing start to the season and is probably due to regress some.

I think CMC is the best player in this trade and you got him.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  10. theimpossibles1

Le'Veon coming back week 7 (bye), probably plays starting week 8.

Hope is alive.

11. HR Dept

Finally had something go my way, my Sony Michel stash paid dividends with a trade.

Sony for E. Ebron and Breida. I’ve been in TE hell every since D. Walker went down in week one, so hopefully this brings some relief. Fingers crossed that I don’t regret selling high.

My Team

QB: Cousins
    RB: Gurley, Breida, D Cook, L. Miller, Drake
    WR: AJ Green, D Thomas, A Jeffrey, W Fuller, Funchess, T Boyd
    TE: Ebron
    K: Bailey
    Def: Titans (I stream defenses, mostly based off of who Buffalo is playing. Lol)

Would love starter advice on RB, WR, and 2 flex. 1 point PPR league. I’m for sure starting Gurley, Breida, Green, and Jeffrey. Torn on Boyd, Fuller, Cook, Miller, Thomas, and Funchess.

Never thought that I’d be sitting at 1-3, but needless to say I gotta kick into gear ASAP.

12. NewRoxFan

Need to add a TE to cover Burton bye. Unfortunately, not much on waivers (one owner grabbed McDonald and Watson yesterday AM): best available include Hooper vs PIT, Seals-Jones vs SF, Kroft vs MIA, Thomas vs NYG, Vannett vs CAR, and Swaim vs HOU. Was leaning towards Hooper (PIT gives up a lot of TE production) and RSJ (SF does as well) but to be honest its a crap shoot. Any recommendations?

13. NewRoxFan

Funny, I am on the other side of that news... have Conner (waiver claim), been trying to trade him and seeing his value evaporate. Went from "Conner and WR2 for WR1" to "Conner for bye week TE" and even the Bell owner seems disinterested (unfortunately, trades are virtually impossible in this league).

So instead, I'll keep and play him until the wheels fall off. He has a plus matchup vs ATL this week... even starting him at Flex over Michel and Mixon (if Mixon does play).

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all getting hyped over what will eventually be a side dish to Doyle? Lulz.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

In the same boat since Eifert was my TE2.

I have no friggin idea which one of these bozos is gonna catch a TD but one of them certainly is.

Dart throws.

16. HR Dept

Be that as it may, I had to do something. I’ve gotten absolutely zero from my TE spot all season. And as of right now now, he’s producing. I was gambling with OJ Howard and now he’s out. TB is on bye so Brate wasn’t an option this week, and I’m sitting at 1-3.

Sony was expendable for me, I think, and I supplemented sending him out with Breida. I don’t think it was that bad of a move.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

he looks to be the real deal.

Rewarded for people who reached for him and an absolute luxury for anyone that was able to get him in final rounds

18. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

A. Cooper or Edelman?

19. NewRoxFan

I have Cooper on one of my teams and feel crummy but will be starting him. If you look at the year he has been a roller coaster and its the week for a dive. I don't usually like playing players on TNF but Edelman and Brady just seems like the connection NE needs. I'd play him if I had him (unfortunately, I own Hogan instead... waiting one last week hoping for something... if not, CYA).

20. NewRoxFan

Never did this before... didn't even wait for the game to end before dropping Hogan. Course, next week he has three TDs and 100 yards, but couldn't take seeing him as the fourth or even fifth option.

Course, I also have Nelson Agholor, and I may be dropping him during Sunday's game...