1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

That's a tough one. Watching Monday Night's game, Stafford had two TDs but only 122 yards passing. And could the increased presence of a healthier OBJ plus new play calling help the offense more and as a result, help the defense?

Cousins, on the other hand, hopefully gets an easier passing defense and a game situation that would seem to suggest a passing shootout. Wentz has looked better than Cousins so far, but I think I'd expect a bigger day from Cousins than Wentz. At least I hope so, since I am starting Cousins and sitting Alshon Jeffery.

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Pick 5.

Jay Ajayi (a given going against the worst ranked run D)
    CJ Anderson
    Buck Allen
    Melvin Gordon
    Chris Carson
    Sammy Watkins
    Terrell Pryor
    TY Hilton
    Michael Crabtree (a given also I suppose since he had 3 TD's last week)

Also trying to decide between

Carson Wentz &
    Cam Newton

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I just dropped Cousins for Wentz last night. Apparently the last two seasons Cousins started out bad the first two weeks and then was a top 5 QB for the rest of the schedule. I still have Pryor so I hope it gets sorted out.

I don't know about this specific week though. Cousins I guess but it's very close. I like Wentz's rushing numbers so far.

BigMaloe likes this.
  4. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

PPR flex spot Kupp Fitzgerald Higgins Crowell Cohen.
    Leaning Fitz but Higgins and kupp are making me question it. Palmer has been shitty.
    My other wrs are Benjamin Green and Devante Parker.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

PPR id definitely go with Cohen. he has more value there. 16 receptions right there with AB so far

#265 YOLO, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ajayi, Gordon, Cj, crabtree, pryor

I wouldnt pass up going against a NO pass defense so Cam.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

what a start for gurley this season

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I was bored at work tonight and had the game on, so to have something to do I put Watkins in. I can't believe it worked out. The guy did not even have a single pass thrown his way the entire 1st quarter. He ended up with 100+ and 2 td's.

So now I have to decide on who to play with a little more margin for error now though. I'll probably go with sitting Pryor and starting Crabtree and CJ Anderson.

I still have Doug Martin coming back. My team feels pretty stacked even for a 10 teamer.

I feel like I should try and trade 2 for 1 and get an elite WR like Evans or Beckham.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

good call on that watkins

who would of thought 40 pts would of been put up by both of those teams haha

#269 YOLO, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  10. NewRoxFan

Yea, great call on Watkins.

And SF scoring 39 on LAR? Week one I started them as DST and they delivered tons of FPs. Of course, that was versus IND and Tolzien. Is the "Son of Bum" already figured out? Need to know since I am using BAL (last week and this) but netw two games are against PIT and OAK so I need a new DST for those games.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

man i streamed the rams last night. it started off great. a near pick 6 on the first play. int and FR. multiple sacks. but none of that mattered since they gave up 40 pts in the end :(

12. NewRoxFan

I have a possible injury problem (I know, who doesn't). I plan on starting Gordon and Hunt at RB, with my backup RBs West, Kelley, and Coleman. Gordon comes up with a knee issue, and is "questionable". He probably plays, but if not, what's my best option. His game is the 3:25 game, so my 12 noon RBs (Coleman, West) are out. I will have one RB still left (Fat Rob) since he plays the Sunday night game. Of course, he is also hurt (bruised ribs) but it looks like he will play. So Kelley is Option 1 if Gordon can't play.

The other option is dropping someone and adding a RB that plays at 3:25pm or later. Available RBs are Jalen Richard (plays the Sunday night game too) or Branden Oliver (Gordon's backup) or Chris Johnson. I would have to drop someone (either Kelley or West). This would be Option 2.

So... which option sounds better? If option 2, which RB to add and which RB to drop. And would the RB added be better long term than the RB I dropped?

Thanks in advance!!

13. mulletman

mulletman Member

I would go with option 1 if Gordon can’t play - keep your team as is and start Kelley. I’d rather take the hit for one week than to drop a starting RB for a one week fill-in / back up running back taking up space on my bench.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  14. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I just traded for Julio Jones. I sold high on Fournette and Kelvin Benjamin.
    Now my line up is:
    Mariota
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Devante Parker
    Melvin Gordon
    Tarik Cohen
    Larry Fitzgerald/ flex

What do you guys think? Wanted to get Tarik to start. PPR money league

15. mulletman

mulletman Member

Which TE would you stream this week?

Fleener (NO) vs CAR
    Engram (NYG) vs PHI
    Ebron (DET) vs ATL
    Cook (OAK) vs WAS

Thanks!

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Hell of a deal in my opinion.

Jmcballer88 likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

I am struggling with same decision. Fleener has scored every game Snead has missed and the last 3 games versus CAR. Cook is getting lots of recommendations though. Think I will stay with Fleener one more week.

mulletman likes this.
  18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Help me deciding FLEX:

D. Parker @ NYJ
    J. Landry @ NYJ
    D. Baldwin @ TEN
    T. Cohen vs PIT
    C. Carson @TEN

my other two WRs are: AJ Green and Amari Cooper, so I think im staying with those.

also I need help, with Olsen hurt I need to pick a TE, since its 14-team, I got very little choices:
    J. James @CHI
    Z. Miller vs PIT
    B. Watson @ JAX
    E. Engram @ PHI

Thanks in advance

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I tend to think Engram is going to get his fair share of looks as Brandon Marshall appears to not have much left in the tank. I dont think he's going to be great by any means, but at this point you need to try and salvage something until Olsen comes back.

Oh, and play Doug Baldwin.

20. NewRoxFan

Thanks... now it appears Gordon will start, but Kelley won't, so that loses the emergency backup I had. I will still gamble that Gordon does make the start.

New question, semi-related. I had been planning to start Kirk Cousins (vs OAK) instead of Ben Roethlisberger on the road vs CHI. Now with Kelley out (less a factor, probably would pass to Thompson instead anyway) but also Reed out, is that enough of a difference to not start Cousins and switch to Roethlisberger?