1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Garoppolo out with sprained Ac joint in shoulder. Out Thursday and probably 3-4 weeks. QB is Jacoby Brissett. And since TE seems to be a place to attack the Texans I'd guess Bryant and if back Gronk will be the main targets when they aren't running the ball.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Belichick and McDaniels always scheme to attack the weakness of the opponent. The Texans obvious weakness is LBs in coverage so they will probably look to attack with short crossing routes with TEs as well as the usual Edelman in-routes. If McKinney is in, they will target him with backs and TEs on 1st and 2nd downs since he's slow in coverage.

They will also certainly try the power run game with Bennett blocking and a lot of up the gut with Blount. With Brissett being unknown, the Texans will probably stack the box and limit the ground attack and force Brissett to beat them with his arm.

My guess is there will be a lot of short throws to RBs in space and check-downs to TEs and backs. Expect James White to see increased targets and also a lot of quick tosses to WRs on screen plays. I wouldn't be surprised if Edelman throws a deep pass on a trick play either. The Texans secondary will be lulled into expecting a lot of dink-and-dunk so I expect the Pats will throw some surprises at them after they've been cheating up closer to the line.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Quality.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i was just offered allen robinson for spencer ware -- that seems like too good to be true - is there something about Charles or Robinson I am missing here?

5. NewRoxFan

Seems you are getting a top WR1 who is undervalued because of early tough matchups for a RB that will soon be part of a RBBC at best or backup to Jamal Charles at worst.

Can you ask him he'd take LaGarrette Blount and Dwayne Allen instead? :grin:

6. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you better accept that ridiculous offer.

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Being offered Larry Fitz for Deangelo. I know Deangelo's output is going to go down when Bell comes back, but he's been just so damn good. I should take it and run though huh?

8. thething

thething Contributing Member

I guess that depends on whether you think Bell is going to get hurt again or not. I think he has a good chance of getting injured, so I'm not cutting Deangelo after week 3.

But if you have any need for a receiver, Fitz can help you all season. He's been great. Take it and run.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like the idea of selling high on Fitz now, I don't like the idea of trading a weekly flex play for a backup.

10. The_Yoyo

yeah normally i get some absurd offers (such has theo riddick and phillip dorsett for Le'Veon Bell) so when I saw this I figured something was off - maybe he chose the wrong RB. I got ware as a FA prior to week 1 anyway.

I thought maybe there was some Charles news I didnt see where he would be out for even longer. Also this is a huge boost for me since the first receiver I drafted was Keenan Allen

11. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Now I'm being offered this:

Get Antonio Brown and Gary Barnidge
    for

David Johnson and Julius Thomas

I have some depth at RB (Deangelo, Isaiah Crowell, Ryan Mathews) but pretty bare on WR (Dez Bryant, Tyler Lockett, John Brown, Sanu).

0.5 PPR

I'm inclined to say yes?

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I would be the one giving up Williams.

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

What can I get for Todd Gurley? In a standard league.

Was thinking about getting Blount and Snead but I think I can get Charles and Ware for him. Any ideas?

14. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PPR, league is mostly Charger fans

Can start:

QB
    WR
    RB
    TE
    WRT
    WRT

I only 1 RB (David Johnson - Bye week 9), but only technically need to play 1. I want to capitalize on Travis Benjamin's new role as #1 WR after his big week. The RB pickings are slim since this is a 16 team league. I offered Benjamin for Latavius Murray.

Thoughts?

15. The_Yoyo

I would pass because DJ is a good run/pass back esp in PPR and right now your other backs - DeAngelo is going to see limited minutes (by his own admission) once Bell gets back and Crowell's big day last sunday basically came on one play and the rest of his day was pretty underwhelming. Matthews is a decent RB2 to have though. Also with the mess at the QB spot in cleveland I dont know if Barnridge will be as good of an option as Julius.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I have Dwayne Allen and there are plenty of decent TE's available on the waiver wire. I'm not keeping Barnidge. DeAngelo, even when Bell comes back, I think will be heavily used and I don't trust Bell to stay healthy or out of trouble. I'm also in desperate need of a WR1 (my best WR is Dez), and there is no one better than Antonio Brown. I think I'm going to pull the trigger.

My team would be:

Aaron Rodgers
    DeAngelo Williams
    Ryan Mathews
    Antonio Brown
    Dez Bryant
    Dwayne Allen
    Isaiah Crowell
    John Brown
    Mohamed Sanu
    Tyrell Williams

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Uh yes do that.

18. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trade was rejected by a Chargers' fan.

Am now considering dropping John Brown for Shane Vereen. I am set at WR so Brown doesn't even have a chance to play. Vereen would be a week 9 bye play, but maybe he develops into more?

19. NewRoxFan

I am mostly streaming defenses and kickers (they were my last two picks in draft, so the top chices were already gone by my picks). I have gone from PIT in week 1, to BAL in week 2 (good choice, scored 12 last week) and now gambling on MIA against CLE and their new rookie QB. Should be low scoring and hopefully MIA will snag a sack or TO. I will switch back to BAL or PIT or NYG next week.

I had Brandon McManus the first two weeks (and again, after a poor week 1, I lucked into a good McManus performance last week with 15). He's playing at CIN in what may be poor weather so I switched to Viniatieri in the dome against SD.

20. NewRoxFan

Is Chris Ivory available? I have him stashed, should be a RB1 when he recovers from his mystery health problem and he would seem good in the red zone.