1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

They're all similar at this point--feels like a gut call. Based on week 1, I'd probably go with Wallace given that he outsnapped most Ravens' WRs and seems to have the #2 job with a strong-armed, solid QB. If he can rediscover form, he has reasonable upside.

I like Pryor and feel like he has the most upside on the list, but now he's back to McCown, and he has Gordon looming in a few weeks. So he's more of a gamble.

I like Agholor's talent but am not interested in dealing with the ebbs and flows of WR2 targets in a rookie-QB led offense that will have plenty of running going on as well.

2. kaleidosky

You might be right. I feel like Rivers will look more than before to Gates and Woodhead, and in general the SD passing game will suffer some.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thanks Moes... one other name, though he has had a lingering shoulder problem and is out tonight... Markus Wheaton?

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Got a trade proposal for you guys to evaluate:

I sent Latavius Murray for his Amari Cooper, straight up.

My current RBs and WRs: Lamar Miller, DeAngelo Williams, Latavius Murray, DeAndre Washington/Brandon Marshall, Jarvis Landry, Emmanuel Sanders

His RBs and WRs: James Starks, Jamaal Charles, Chris Ivory, Jay Ajayi/Odell Beckham, Amari Cooper, Donte Moncrief, Michael Floyd, Tyler Lockett

Thanks!

5. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great trade for you IMO, especially if you are in a PPR league.

1 person likes this.
  6. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who to start in flex?

Allen Hurns @ San Diego
    Stefon Diggs vs Green Bay
    Tajae Sharpe @ Detroit

7. kaleidosky

good move, and reasonable. i'd at least ask for Washington back also if I the other guy

1 person likes this.
  8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Based on what we saw with the Raiders in Week 1, I don't think there is a true backup for Latavius. They will sprinkle in DeAndre Washington, Jalen Richard, and even Taiwan Jones, plus Jamize Olawale even gets carries (Vultured a TD against the Saints).

9. mtbrays

Supporting Member

Yeah, I drafted Washington hoping that he'd be a clear handcuff, but I think that will be a platoon. In my circumstance, I feel I need a more reliable WR than Brandon Marshall.

Thanks everybody!

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It's too early to abandon Brandon Marshall.

Also, if you make that trade, who will your RB starters be in week 4?

11. mtbrays

Supporting Member

Sorry, I should've prefaced with our league format. It's weird. We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 D/ST and 1 K.

I can go WR heavy and rely on Miller to be my RB while starting DeAngelo Williams the next two weeks.

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'm thinking of selling high on Deangelo Williams. I may be able to land Jarvis Landry. Should I do it? 0.5PPR

13. Garner

Garner Member

Hurns. Lowest downside and a 2 TD upside.

14. mtbrays

Supporting Member

I'd sell him while you can if you can afford to. He won't get you any production after week 3. I basically drafted him to weather the storm while Brady is suspended.

15. Garner

Garner Member

Yea, obviously.

Deangelo's hold on the job is limited. Bell coming back.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd be surprised is anyone wants him.

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Rashad Jennings or Desean Jackson for a flex in a PPR?

18. mtbrays

Supporting Member

DeSean got plenty of targets last night, I would role with him.

19. mtbrays

Supporting Member

Yeah, the only conceivable trade partner is your league's Bell owner. Williams is the most valuable handcuff in the NFL.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

OK, deep in last place didn't set well with my team's hands-on owner so he ordered some changes: dropped Keenan Allen on IR, dropped flash in the pan Alex Smith, and dropped the PITT defense, and signed Mike Wallace, Tyrell Williams, and BAL defense.

So, the new roster's WR's are Ty Hilton, Tyler Lockett, Sterling Shepard, John Wallace, and Tyrell Williams. TE is Jordan Reed and Dwayne Allen. RBs are Lamar Miller, Melvin Gordon, and the mysteriously out of the hospital Chris Ivory. Starting Mariota this week.

So here's my ask for advise: Hilton seems like a tough start versus physical DEN DBs (and shocked to learn he has had only 3 TDs in last 19 games... though a big chunk was while Luck was out). Should I start Wallace vs CLE, or Williams vs JAC? in place of Hilton (leaning Wallace)? Or Hilton? Also starting Shepard vs. NO.

At RB, starting Miller versus KC at RB1. But should I start Gordon vs JAC or Blount vs. MIA at the second RB. And if start Gordon at RB2, should I start Blount, Allen vs DEN, or Lockett vs LA Rams, or ? at the flex position?

Hoping with the CC braintrust help I can rebound from last week's debacle and upset a team with Big Ben, Antonio Brown, and Brandin Cooks.