1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Allen is the primary blocking TE and their offensive line sucks so in 2 TE sets Doyle will get his fair share of looks. Allen also received looks as well so I don't think it is a big deal.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Unfortunately the Keenan Allen injury is a ripple effect for the entire Chargers offense, as we saw last year. Rivers with Allen is fantasy worthy. Without Allen last year he was not.

Downgrade: Rivers, Melvin Gordon
    Upgrade: Woodhead, Gates, All other Chargers receivers.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

from what I read online that Allen was stretching on the sidelines and didnt come back in after that so thats why Doyle was in. I dont believe its anything serious either.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

thats my issue right now Keenan was my first WR pick (3rd round) and he was doing well up until he went down. the remaining receivers on the WW are thin I just picked up Tajae Sharpe leaving me with

Cobb, Maclin, Diggs, Sharpe, DeVante Parker

This is going to be a rough early going unless Charles is out I just need Ware to be the starter until Bell gets back

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

That what I was afraid of. And not replacing Allen's numbers with a FA player like Wallace, Wheaton, Agholor, Pryor, Enunwa, etc.

I was thinking of perhaps trading for Travis Benjamin or adding Tyrell Williams as an FA. Or if I can make such a deal, trading for Fuller, Marvin Jones, Snead, or Sanu.

Still may hang onto Rivers, but now thinking I may need to start Mariota (versus DET, who Stafford riddled). My other option is Alex Smith, who was unconscious against a week SD defense, but goes against our Texans this week.

last, I have Melvin Gordon, my one positive this weekend, but I saw that Woodhead got way more carries and with Allen gone I suspect that trend will continue (hence my willingness to trade Gordon on a high).

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Here's the problem. None of the Chargers other WRs are volume workers like Allen. You can't plug in Travis Benjamin because he's WR1 now, because he's not going to be.

I'm also trying to grab Tajae in a 10 team where he is available. This is exactly why I recommend holding off on waiver moves until after Week 1.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Moe. You still doing your blogs? Been a while since I've visited the site and was curious to go check it out again. Link?

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Eric Kendricks helped me in one league, Tyrod ruined me in another. Neither are close matchups (faced off against a Spencer Ware owner) so tonight's games won't matter much.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Haven't really had time lately. Been busy with other things. Now that football is back I might find some time. Link is in the sig.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Looks like RG3 is out for the season.

McCown is a capable backup. Gary Barnidge was his safety valve last year, but they have some legit WRs now with Pryor, Coleman and Gordon back in Week 5.

11. NewRoxFan

Sharpe was drafted.

I know its only week one, but would you do any of these:

Dwayne Allen for either Will Fuller or Willie Snead (same team has both on bench, their only TE is Jared Cook).

Dwayne Allen for either Marvin Jones or Stefon Diggs (really leaning Jones). This team has both on bench, their only TE is Zach Ertz who is dinged up.

My starting TE is Jordan Reed, so a backup TE is a bit of a luxury. Getting a TE that scores would be big. Would you do any of these, and would they?

btw, they have good to mediocre QBs (Snead/Fuller team has Wilson/Prescott, and Jones/Diggs team has Taylor/Ryan)... so would even be tempted to offer a QB (Rivers or Smith). Thoughts on this idea?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone that drafted RG3 needs Jesus.

13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

If I were you, I'd do all of them. If I were the other team, I would accept none of them. I'd rather keep my better WR and get a waiver wire TE (or wait for a guy like you to drop his backup) than trade him for a TE that will be on the same general level as most of the middle of the pack TEs.

And they don't care about Rivers or Smith if they have the QBs they have. Unless you're talking about a 2 QB league, in which case they *might* entertain upgrading Prescott...but not yet I would think.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz, it's like a DB rose from the grave to tackle RG3 who couldn't resist SEEKING OUT injury.

[​IMG]

15. NewRoxFan

Didn't see the game nor play, but from that video clip, was the defender on the sideline and OOB when he hit RG3? Was there room for RG3 to go OOB before the defender?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah, nothing RG3 can do, there's a magnet inside his body that pulls him towards the nearest contact.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Don't propose a trade out of desperation. Bide a little time, see how the first couple weeks shape out. Never attempt to deal from a position of weakness.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This is why I preach depth depth depth to you guys. Draft 5-6 WR deep and 4-5 RB deep every time. You can find a QB/TE/D off the waiver wire. You can't as easily find a productive WR/RB.

19. NewRoxFan

OK. I will pick up a WW WR replacement for K Allen. Right now the best available appear to be Mike Wallace, Quincy Enunwa, Tyrell Williams, Terrelle Pryor, and Nelson Agholor. Obviously none will replace K. Allen, but who would you suggest?

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Enunwa is more likely a PPR option as a slot receiver. 7 catches is probably an outlier. I don't think he'll end up with 90 catches on the year with Marshall, Decker, Forte, and Powell also in the mix. Even 50 seems like a lot to project from a guy who hasn't done much in his career up to this point.

Wallace is a guy who is perfect for Flacco. All he really does well is catch a deep ball in stride and Flacco can turn that guy into a stud (See Smith, Torrey). Still, he's limited by a low number of opps.

I think Williams might offer the most upside out of all those.