1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Basketball?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

How does fantasy basketball work? I mean I know how fantasy football work insert your selected players each week and whoever gets the most points wins. With NBA and even NHL and MLB it seem that games everyday would make these types of leagues much more hectic. So how do they work in comparison with NFL?

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

NBA follows a combination format similar to baseball.

In a roto league you simply match up against all the other teams on a weekly basis, usually setting your lineup once a week. Yahoo leagues usually permit you to make changes every day. In a head-2-head league you play another team and usually there are 9 categories, 2 of them are based on percentages, (FG,FT), the rest on combined stats (Pts, 3PM, Rebounds, Assists, Steals, Blocks) and finally the team with the lowest amount of turnovers (in some leagues they use lowest AST-TO ratio)
    If you win 5 out of the 9 categories your team earns the "win" but on the standings your record for the week would be 5-4.

3. Lil Pun

Just like I thought, confusing. :D

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

MLB is confusing to me. How does it work? Do you take pitchers? How do you draft pitchers when they dont even pitch every game, how do you determine their worth?

I have also seen college football leagues. Whoever gets Grahm Harrell or Max Hall would win automatically wouldn't they?

5. Lil Pun

Any game that is not once a week would be confusing to do fantasy with for me and even some that are. I've seen fantasy games for baseball, basketball, hockey, golf, and auto racing. :confused: