1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Baseball Trade: Keeper League - Do I accept Matt Kemp for Jacoby Ellsbury?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by TheGreat, Jul 27, 2011.

1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Basically Ellsbury for Kemp straight up.

Do I take Kemp?

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Ellsbury has slightly more upside in terms of speed...plus he has that powerful Red Sox lineup batting behind him. He's going to get more runs and quite a few more steals by the end.

However, Kemp has substantially more power and will get more HRs and RBIs.

Both are pretty damn good power/speed hybrids, but all in all, you take Kemp because he's got more of the power side of the equation, without losing that much in speed. Speed is cheap anyways.

Honestly, I have Kemp rated as the number 1 player in all of baseball right now, so go for it.

3. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Basically?? What are the other players in the trade?

I just made a hell of a trade in my league

I traded Ricky Romero, Ryan Braun and Pedroia

He traded Aj Burnett, Ellsbury, Youkilis, and Cano

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I certainly would take Kemp for Ellsbury.

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

It was Matt Kemp, Victorino for Michael Bourn and Jacoby Ellsbury.

I have Brett Gardner from the free agent list so hes basically Bourn's clone, good trade?

I usually dont start Bourn anyways as my team is stacked!

6. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

If you're not even starting bourn and his MLB leading steals, I say keep your team right where it's at. Fantasy wise, Kemp has very little over Ellsbury. Bourn is much better than Victorino even though you're not starting him.