1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Baseball Advice 2021

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by eric.81, May 24, 2021.

1. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I have deGrom coming off the IL this week and have to drop either Wil Myers, Raimel Tapia, or Gavin Lux. Myers has the highest pedigree and longest track record, but both Tapia and Lux are having better seasons.

Positional flexibility not an issue because I have Edman and Chris Taylor. Any advice?

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd be ok dropping Myers given the lack of production he's had this season.

His penchant for landing on the IL is definitely something I would take into consideration here as well.

How many teams are in your league?

eric.81 likes this.
  3. eric.81

8... very small.

I ended up dropping Lux. I have Springer coming off the IL in a few weeks and I think that's Wil's time to go.

Thanks for your advice!!

FLASH21 likes this.
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Did anyone end up picking up Lux?

I'm upset that I dropped him so early in the season, but I was hit with so many injuries from the jump... (Eloy earlier, Trent Grisham also, and then Cody Bellinger a few games in) but I needed to replace so many OFs just to start the season.

Now I have Muncy on the IL and Lux will be seeing even more PT.... I'm running with Ryan McMahon and Jazz Chisholm for this week. Oh and Corey Seager is still on IL too!!! HA!

Somehow I'm clinging to a 5-5 record with some brutal single digit loses. Hope you're managing better.

5. eric.81

Yeah, someone picked him up almost immediately after I dropped him. I have stubbornly stuck with Wil Myers... why? I have no idea other than I drafted him and am being stubborn. Definitely should've taken your advice. BTW, I love Jazz and was just about a week late adding him to my roster!! I think he's going to be a superstar... sooner than later.

I'm honestly doing great this season. We're in a roto league rather than a head-to-head league and it might be over already. I'm leading the league in every category except for stolen bases (in 3rd), WHIP (2nd), Strikeouts (2nd), and wins (6th). This is my first year to play fantasy BB and I somehow have dominated. I drafted JD Martinez about 4 rounds after he should've been picked. I drafted Shohei (not a sure thing) and he's paid dividends. I also bet big on the Astros offense rebounding from 2020, so I got Altuve 2-3 rounds later than I should have and Gurriel went UNDRAFTED in our league and I picked him up during the first game of the season.

Would love to start (or join an existing) CF.net league next year. Like a 12-16 team league... should we happen to remember this exchange next March, are you in?

Best of luck on the rest of the season, Flash... wishing your squad good health and production for the remainder of the season!

FLASH21 likes this.
  6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Brutal!

I agree, I've been yo-yoing Jazz on and off the WW since he's had a couple injuries that have set him back with one resulting in an IL trip.

We actually play and draft (slowly) on the board here: https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/fades-fantasy-keeper-baseball-2021-draft-thread.310711/

You can literally see every single pick made from our top 7 keepers to the rest of the 16 rounds left. I ended up taking Shohei myself with my first pick and that pretty much locked up my DH spot... JD Martinez had been my keeper for the best 3-4 seasons but without his OF eligibility it was gonna be tougher to justify another DH on my roster. I credit Bundy as my worst pick of the draft and Mark Melancon my best. :D

Maybe if we end up expanding from an 8 to 10 team league we could add you here... this keeper league is pretty interesting with the trades and what not. Hope you the best in your roto league, good luck the rest of the way yourself!

eric.81 likes this.
  7. eric.81

JD getting outfield eligibility in ESPN leagues really helped. Playing Shohei and him at the same time has been like a cheat code!

Thanks buddy. Keep me in mind if you ever want to expand that group. I'll be ready!!

Cheers, bro!

FLASH21 likes this.