1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantastic blog post about Amare

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abigwreck, Jul 22, 2009.

1. abigwreck

abigwreck Member

This guy basically sums up all of my feelings about Stoudimire. Yes, it's a blog post by some random dude, but it's the offseason. So you get what you can :)

July 21st, 2009 8:52 AM

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The league's greatest head-case? If that's not exaggeration, I don't know what is. Then complaining about his defense on a team with Steve Nash just getting a huge contract extension...um, kind of odd.

I think it's pretty clear Amare has some deficiencies. Alternatively, in an alternate universe, where the refs don't "overreact" and suspend him, or where a shot falls here and there, the Suns and STAT may have a championship already.

I understand he doesn't, and history is what it is. But this is like a repeat of the Marion situation. The Suns didn't get any better by trading him...frankly, they got worse. Now, Marion may have proven he's nothing outside the Suns system, too, but that's kind of besides the point.

I would love to have Stoudemire on the Rockets.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i dont want amare on the rockets. but im pretty sure the lakers would have won last year still if you put him on that team instead of gasol.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I don't see the Suns play enough. I trust a lifelong fan's opinion over the opinion's of those who do not pay attention to his defense or rebounding.

Good read regardless. Makes me feel better about not getting him.

5. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

DO NOT WANT.

abigwreck, i resent that you ripped off my moniker. repent!

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

You put Amare on the Lakers, and they lose the battle of the boards.

7. sbyang

sbyang Member

Wow, I don't like Amare too much either but this guy is making him sound like Zach Randolph. Score 30 and give up 30? yeah it's true when he goes up against Tim Duncan, but when you can effectively cancel out Duncan that's a win.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL the article laid it on a bit thick, and he really seemed to hate Stoudemire's guts. I'm not a fan of stat at all, but even I would think Stoudemire's worth more than Kirk Heinrich (lol what is with this guy???) and TT. I'm also pretty sure they need another piece to make the salaries match.

However I do agree with the general premise of the article. Stoudemire doesn't suck, but because he doesn't play D and has a somewhat cancerous/me-first attitude any time that signs him to a max contract is not gonna get their money's worth. To be honest I just see him as a little better than Carlos Boozer, and like Boozer he is also a loozer.

However the reason why they don't have a championship right now can really be blamed on one person: Sarver. Colangelo managed to set up what could have been a dynasty, but Sarver wanted more cash so they ended up mortgaging their future. Deng could be playing on that team right now lol. Once Nash retires expect the Suns to become just like the Grizzlies

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That was awesome and basically sums up why I never wanted him in Houston.

DD

10. panda8six

panda8six Member

he's really not even that good on O. he might just be the best finisher in the game and he has great hands for catching the ball, but you can't throw him the ball and ask him to create.

pau can definitely do that and pau is a better defender and rebounder as well. in what area is amare superior to pau?

11. foodworld

foodworld Member

I agree with many of his points, but the fact is that Amare has not been surrounding by an organization that is willing to push him. (Porter, to his credit, tried, but he wasn't a good coach and went out of his way to alienate players). The D'Antoni Suns were dripping with arrogance--their mentality was "we're immune from criticism because of our regular season record," and they were too lazy and proud to make the jump from good basketball to winning basketball. Amare wasn't given much incentive to play with more focus and toughness and his attitude shows it now. He might have turned out differently in different circumstances, but we'll never know.

12. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Bring on Amare! I love that he plays no Defense :).