1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Fansided: Dwight Howard Will Be #1 (2014-2015)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rokman, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokman

Rokman Member

http://fansided.com/2014/08/26/nba-rankings-top-10-centers-2014-15/11/

NBA

1. Dwight Howard:

2013-14 Stat Line: 71 games, 33.7 MPG, 18.3 PPG, 12.2 RPG, 1.8 BPG, 1.8 APG, .591/.286/.547 shooting, 21.4 PER

Shield your eyes, Los Angeles Lakers fans. Because even though most NBA fans don’t have a high opinion of Dwight Howard for his immaturity, the way he left the Orlando Magic or his lack of leadership, Howard will be the best center in the league next year. He’s not the passer or leader that Joakim Noah is, but he’s a much better scorer, a slightly superior rebounder and one of the best rim protectors in the league.

Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t the Orlando Magic Dwight Howard who was a legitimate MVP candidate and dominated his opponents night in and night out on both ends of the floor. D-12 has regressed a little bit with each passing season, but we can’t fault him too much defensively since he had to constantly make up for James Harden and Chandler Parsons’ mistakes on that end.

With Trevor Ariza on the perimeter, Howard won’t have to constantly rotate over and try to stop someone driving to the basket from the perimeter. D-12 carried a weak defense to the league’s 13th best defensive rating and though he’s not as versatile or inspirational as Noah, Howard should reclaim his place atop the throne next season. He definitely needs to improve his free throw shooting and a little leadership would be a nice change of pace for a Houston Rockets team that can’t rely on Harden isolations come playoff time, but Howard will be the best center in the NBA next year.

- Gerald Bourguet

The Bolded statements made me feel MUCH better about the Ariza for Parsons swap!

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

Crap! Forgot to put "Center" in the Title. Can someone fix that for me?

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I fully expect Howard to beast this year! Personally, I believe he will prove to be more valuable to this team than Harden - imo...

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

Did he watch the playoff series against Portland? It wasn't Harden isolations that kept us in the series. Howard was the leader for us during that series, and has proven to still be the leader with the things he has said this offseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.